1 - A Blunt Response and Whispers

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN OHSHC

I’ll never forget the day we first met. It was a in the middle of winter and fluffy white snow covered everything it could get its hands on. All my young peers played happily in the snow, well all but two. The Hitachiin twins sat hand in hand on a lone bench as they watched everyone smile wildly and enjoy the outdoor beauty. Unlike everyone else in my class I wasn’t one for the cold and sat bundled up under a leafless tree. In my gloved hands was a book. It was difficult to read with my fingers so constricted but I couldn’t afford to cause them any damage to them seeing how my future profession was going to be a professional chef.

But back to the introduction, while I sat on the cold wet ground I could faintly hear a conversation between the Hitachiin’s and a female classmate of mine.

“Hey you want to make a snowman with me?” The girl asked, her arms tucked behind her back and a small smile on her face

“Which one of us are you talking to?” One of the twins asked the girl

“I’m talking too both of you silly!” The girl smiled widely and expected the identical boys to get off the bench and join everyone, but what she got was entirely different

“There’s nobody here named both of you” the other golden eyed boy said, his grip on his brother remaining strong

“Okay then, I’m talking to Hikaru and Karou.”

“Oh really?” they inquired together, “Which of us is Karou, and which of us is Hikaru? Can you tell?”

The girl didn’t reply and instead turned her back to the boys as tears weld into her dark eyes. Frowning at the scene I decided that if a teacher was going to do nothing about the display then someone should get up and tell the twins that what they did could be considered cruel.

“Hitachiins!” I shouted after I got off the ground and started to walk at a quick pace towards the boys

The two trained their attention onto me as I stood in front of them with my arms crossed over my chest and my book in my arms, “What do you want?” The twins asked in unison. To be completely honest when the two did that it gave me an odd chill down my spine. It was strange hearing two voices merge together as if they were one

“I wanted to tell you that what you just did was mean!”

“What are you talking about?”

Puffing out my cheeks turned slightly and pointed over to the girl that was in my position moments ago, “You were mean to her and now she’s upset!”

“How’s that our problem? She’s just overly sensitive.”

“Or you’re just overly mean” I grumbled glowering at the twins. I didn’t enjoy the twins company in the slightest. They seemed cold to everyone, even the teachers!

“She couldn’t tell which one of us was Hikaru and which one of us was Karou.” The twin on the right said in a sour tone

“Can you tell who is who?” the left asked inquisitively

“No.” Was my blunt reply which I guess caused the boy’s some shock as they turned to look at each other with matching wide eyes.

When their shock died down, which was in less than a minute they looked to the side and scoffed, “Of course not. How could you tell which one of us is which?”

“I could get to know you” I offered off handedly, “I don’t know which one of you  is which right now, but I bet in a couple years I could tell you apart, maybe even in a couple months if you let me in”

“Why would we do that?”

“I don’t know, maybe to be recognized as your individual selves? I don’t have a twin, but I would want people to know who I was.”

The orangettes paused for a moment, seeming to contemplate something extremely important. Quietly they whispered back and forth blocking view of their mouth with their hands so I couldn’t understand what they were saying. “What’s your name?” the right twin asked, his eyes holing a glimmer of something I could never, even to this day place.

“Ryota Isao”

“Well Ryota, would you like to be our friend?” The left twin asked with a small, almost devious smile. Surprised by their proposal I froze, “Ryota?” they asked, “Are you okay?”

Shaking my head quickly I gave the boys a smile and held out my hand, “Hikaru, Karou, I would love to be your friend. But you two don’t seem like reliable people so I’m going to say no!” The twins gaped at me while I gave them a charming smile. “I mean if you two weren’t jerks then I’d happily be your friend but sorry! You don’t fit the bill.”

“What do you mean?!”

Rolling my eyes I pointed behind me one more time, “I just told you that you were being mean to that girl and you didn’t bat an eye.”

“So?”

“I don’t want you to be like that with me.” Keeping my arms crossed and my book held tight I turned on my heel and trekked through the snow. Recess was coming to a close and everyone was going back inside. If only I knew what happened when I turned my back to the devious twins.

“Hikaru are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Karou questioned his older brother

“Of course Karou” The two gave each other a sly smirk as they followed behind everyone but kept their eyes trained on the only kid with a book in their arms. “I think we got a new toy.”

Puppet: Hey there guys. Here’s a new story I’ve had in my head for the longest time. This was the prologue and later chapters will be longer (maybe… most likely) I’d really apresiate it if you left a comment about what you thought of it. And so you know this is a YAOI STORY like practically all my work.

This pairing is going to be HIKARU X OMC X KAROU, probably also have a side dose of Tamaki x Haruhi and Tamaki x Kyoya. Dunno. But I hope you enjoyed and so ya’ll know I will be putting this in the ohshc watty awards (On wattpad.com for those who aren’t on wattpad reading this) and I hope you like it enough to vote for it. Well this and Living in my sisters shadow. (My other ohshc story for those who don’t know)