5 - Too Gone For Reason

Kiss the Cook 5 – Too Gone For Reason

Sitting in classroom 1-A I stare down at my one shoeless foot in irritation. Why did the twins have to bother me all the time? I just wanted to get through high school then go to the culinary school of my choice.

“Ryota” looking up I saw Yana standing in the doorway of the classroom with her hands placed firmly on her hips, “I heard you didn’t do your physical exams.”

“Blame the twins” I said grumbled, “They were the ones who decided to creep on me and bring their horde of ravenous monsters to my tent.”

“What?” Yana’s eyebrows shot up straight past her straight cut bangs, “The twins did that?”

“You did see or hear it?”

My sister shook her head, “No… So they just barged into your tent?”

“Yeah… And I have no clue how they figured out that tent was mine.”

“Maybe instead of spider-senses they have Ryota-senses- they can tell when you’re near or close by!”

Yana laughed at her joke but I didn’t find it in anyway amusing. Instead I narrowed my eyes into a glare towards the giggling girl, “Don’t even joke like that! I’m already paranoid as it is with how much they stalk me. I don’t need to see them any more then what is absolutely necessary.”

“I guess in a sense you’re right, but it can’t hurt to see them every now and again out of the blue. They aren’t horrible people; they just don’t know how to act around people”

“Well acting like little kids who are begging for attention isn’t a way to win my favor… they’re so annoying, like a puppy who always wants attention directed towards it and can’t take no for an answer.”

“Great analogy” Yana sighed scratching the back of her neck, “But you really shouldn’t judge them so quickly Ryota. They-”

“There you go again!” I shouted getting out of my seat, “You always come to their defense when I complain about them or say negative things! I’ve seen you take their side of the argument more times than you take my own and it’s so annoying! When you need to vent or whine I’m right there for you, letting you get rid of that pent up frustration in the form of talking at me, but when I try to do the same to you, you make it seem like I’m that bad person here! No I don’t know everything about the twins but I don’t want to! All they do is torment and bully me, yet you make them seem like great people who I would like. I don’t like them Yana. I have known them for years and they have never shown to me that they can be nice and actually care for people other than themselves!”

“They care about you!”

“Well then they do a hell of a job showing it! Up until a couple days ago I thought they hated me! How does that show they care about me?! Can you tell me that? You seem to know everything about the twins, so dear sister how does that show they care?” Yana didn’t reply. she just stared at me with sad eyes that made my blood boil. She looked as though she pitied me! “I’m waiting!”

Yana’s hair swung side to side as she shook her head at me, “I can’t tell you that. I don’t know everything about the twins but I know they hide behind a façade when it comes to people they like. They act more rash and obnoxious than you would normally see, and they seek out the person’s attention.”

“That doesn’t change anything…” I grit my teeth in anger before storming out of the room. No one understood my frustration when it came to Hikaru and Karou Hitachiin… All people see are Gods who could do no wrong. They see beautiful people who deserve to be worshipped and loved. Compared to them I’m an ant- so it doesn’t matter if I get stepped on and crushed by the Gods, or if I survive long enough to be relatively happy. I’m just there, a plaything for the God’s amusement and could be hurt beyond imagine, but that wouldn’t faze anyone as long as the Gods still reigned with their façade of beauty, nothing was wrong”

~~

“Ryota!” Yana called from outside my room, “Please listen to me! You have to understand where I’m coming from!”

“Go away Yana!” I roared throwing the thing closest to me at my door. That thing happened to be my phone and I heard a sickening shatter when the mobile made contact with the thick wooden door.

“Ryota- did you just throw your phone at the door?!”

“It doesn’t matter! Go away I don’t want to talk to you!!”

“But-”

“I don’t want to hear it! I’m sick of hearing about the fucking twins and how they care for me or like me! I don’t care! I hate them! I hate them! I hate them so much…” my voice trailed off as tears of frustration pricked my eyes, “I hate them” I continued to mutter, slowly curling in on myself and drowning in my sorrows and weariness, “They’re horrible Gods… Why does a stupid ant matter when they have everything they could ever want?” Biting my lower lip I try to muffle my cries, ‘Why does everyone sooner or later turn against the stupid ant?’

“Ryota…” Yana called once again from outside of my room. She sounded pained and sorrowful, “Please answer me. I can explain…”

‘No’ I shook my head ignoring my sister’s cries. I remained silent as I entered the bathroom connected to my bedroom and turned on the shower. As I waited for the water to heat up I stripped out of my cloths leaving my nude body to face the dampening air without any cover, ‘I don’t think you can explain Yana. I’m too far gone for reason… Just stop wasting your time and try to win Haruhi’s heart already. I Goddess has no need to worry about a useless ant.’

Puppet: Hope you enjoyed and i hope Ryota didn't seem like a whiney brat. he has a lot of pent up teenage angst that need to get let out. Also i probabbly sound desperate but the ohshcwattyawards are taking place and this story is in the 'others' category so if you feel like voting it's there collecting dust on the voting shelf.