4 - Modesty At It's Finest

Kiss the Cook 4 – Modesty at its finest

“I hate this!” I glared angrily at the doors that opened to reveal the stupid physical examinations

“You hate a lot of things Ryota…” Yana replied bluntly from my left.

“Yeah, but I have a good reason to hate the physical exams!”

“Please baby brother, explain to me why you despise the exams with burring passion you tend to only hold for the twins.”

I turned my sharp gaze to Yana before explaining, “It’s cause the men get over sexualized!”

“What?”

“You heard me! Basically all the girls watch the guy’s examination with glazed over hungry eyes! Usually the girls get over sexualized in media and shows, but here they get to perform their exams behind a curtain while the guys have to do it out in the open. It’s really not fair… Not everyone is comfortable enough with their body to have people staring holes into them without choking!”

Yana sighed seeing my point, “I get what you mean but there’s nothing we can do.”

“Also these exams are pointless!” I continued on with my angry rant, “Practically everyone here already has a personal doctor who does this! We don’t need it! We’re just wasting money when it could be used for something more useful or productive!”

But before Yana or I could speak again a voice cut into our conversation, “Mr. Isao, if you could follow me this way I’ll lead you to your tent and doctor.” Turning to look at where the voice came from I was greeted by a young nurse with extremely curly blonde hair and round glasses that sat on the bridge of her thin nose in a similar way that my own glasses do.

‘My doctor’s not here…’ I silently grumbled, but none the less followed the girl to my tent where I would be taking my exams- for some reason right outside of the tent which made little to no sense to me.

“There you go. Please take your shirt off in the tent and we can take your chest measurements.” The blonde pointed to an empty tent which I entered with a frown firmly stuck on my face. The tent was five by five feet wide, it had a full body mirror and two stools inside. Begrudgingly I unbuttoned my blazer and shirt before I slipped my black and purple tie off.

As I was undressing I could hear wild screams from the next tent over, “Ahh!” some girls shrieked in delight, “Brotherly love!”

I could feel my eye begin to twitch from the realization that the demonic twins were a single tent over, “Kill me now…” I sighed running a hand through my slightly longer than shoulder length hair that was currently out of its normal pony tail, “Why do they need to be right next to me?” taking a bang off my wrist I tied my hair back, and now that I had the shirt and blazer off I began to feel self-conscious as I glanced down at my stomach. I wasn’t considered fat but I wasn’t super skinny and fit like the twins or most other boys my age. I had a small amount of pudge that jutted from my stomach that I usually covered with sweatshirts and baggy t-shirts. ‘I don’t want to go out… Not with people there who can see me. I’m not popular by a long shot but some people are just crazy… like the twins…’ I had pushed the tent’s ‘door’ open and was met with two unpleasant sights. 1: The twins were right outside of my tent. How they figured I was in this one I have no idea. And 2: A mass amount of girls stood behind them, their hungry eyes staring at the Hitachiin’s like they were pieces of savory meat. “Nope” was all I said before taking a step back into the tent and closing the curtain to my tent.

“Ryota!” the twins shouted, pulling the flap to my tent open and just letting themselves in, ignoring the protest from the nurse.

“Get out!” I growled taking my left shoe, throwing it that Hikaru’s face. Turning my back to the two I began the process of redressing, trying to ignore the fact that my skin was crawling from the intense stares that were digging into my bare back. The twins ignored my demand to leave and instead walked farther in. “Is there something you want?” I glared at the two over my shoulder

“You have moles on your back” Hikaru stated out of nowhere, lifting the back of my slightly-buttoned shirt up, poking a dark spot on my back.

“What the hell!” I whipped around my dark eyes wide behind my round glasses, “Why’d you do that?!” my face was flushed dark red, feeling embarrassed by my situation. I quickly remembered that I hadn’t fully buttoned my shirt up and tended to that problem in an instant.

The twins stared at me in fascination, “Hikaru have you ever seen his face that red before?” Karou asked his older brother

“No…” a smirk formed on the elder’s flawless face as he took a set forwards.

Trying to counteract the twin’s motion I took a step back and instantly felt cornered. I could still faintly feel the spot where Hikaru’s cold hand touched and it made me uncomfortable. I didn’t favor physical contact to anything. The only people I really allowed to touch me was my family, mainly Yana but even then the contact was a bare minimum. I wouldn’t say that I was afraid of being touched, or of germs but the touch of another was something I was unfamiliar with. At a young age I tended to stray from the other children my age and kept to myself and a good book. Truth be told I sometimes regretted the day I spoke up to the twins and called them out for their rudeness. If I had just ignored them I wouldn’t be in this situation now. I would be happily alone in my small world with only Yana to share it. But somehow I know that world will shatter. Yana will move away, get a girlfriend, maybe get married when she’s older and found her special person while I’d be life to rot on my island of solitude.

“Seriously what do you want?” I questioned

The twins pondered for a minute, “We want you to like us”

I narrowed my eyes in distrust at the golden eyed twins, “Like I’d believe that. Now get the fuck out.” When the twins ignored my order again I held back a snarl as I grabbed my blazer and walked out of the tent. At the moment I didn’t care that I left my shoe behind in the tent with the twins. They were irritating me and I wanted out. I mean how creepy can you get, just standing there watching someone dress. The thought of what had happened moments earlier made a wave of chills shoot down my spine. Why did they always have to follow me around and bother me? They had a bunch of other toys to play with, why just torment me? I wasn’t special; I was just a boy who loved to cook and couldn’t stand the sight of reddish orange hair and golden eyes. Why was I their target? Was what Yana said before correct? Did they want my attention because I didn’t see them as gods? Or were they simply cruel people who toyed with the minds of the unstable and insecure. 

Puppet: Hey guys hope you enjoyed and as a heads up this story is in teh OHSHCwattyawards in the 'other' catigorey. i hope you like this story enough to vte, but i won't kill you if you don't there are many other talented writers participating.

Please leave a comment, i want feedback guys. positive or negative (Hopefully possitve but i wouldn't mind a critique to make the story better