6 - Cinderfella: The Untold Story of Not Giving a Shit

Kiss the cook 6 – Cinderfella: The untold story of not giving a shit

The next morning I still felt like crap emotionally, not to mention physically too. I had a pounding headache and my back was hurting- probably from sitting in my shower curled in a ball and from sleeping on my stomach. Heaving a sigh I push myself out of my lavish bed and change into my Ouran Academy uniform, I walk into the bathroom and can’t help but stare at my blurry reflection. My longish hair was knotted and looked like a rats nest while my dark eyes looked dead and lacking a lively luster. Grabbing my hairbrush I ran the untangling tool through my hair with little to no oomph. When I finished a little less than ten minutes later I turned to brushing my teeth before walking back into my oversized room and putting on my bottle-cap shaped glasses. Sluggishly I open my door and walk downstairs and into the dining room where Mom Dad and Yana sat eating their breakfast.

Father sat at the head of the long table wearing his usual outfit which consisted of a bland suite and tie. Mother personally tied hated what Father wore and wanted his wardrobe to have more variety but she could never take him out shopping. Father was just past his prime, going on forty-seven years old his face has small wrinkles from stress and crows-feet growing around his eyes. Father had short mousey brown hair that was starting to slowly gray from the stress of his job and home life.

Mother, who was currently sitting at the other head of the table looked that opposite of Father. Looking least half her actual age, She was thirty-seven (Actually forty-five) and had long beautiful black hair that had not a single gray strand. Her youthful face was masked in make-up and had held a professional air around her despite the clothes she wore on a daily basis. Mother would put her hair many different styles, but her favorites were letting it down with or without curls and up in fashionable (or professional) bun.

Yana sat in her regular seat in between mother and father on the right side of the table. Today she had her hair pulled into a basic pony tail and wore the banana yellow girl’s uniform. Keeping my eyes down I try to ignore the stares my family gave me. Yana’s gaze especially burned with my outburst yesterday. And even though I want to forgive her and say sorry I can’t- not yet…

“Honey are you okay?” Mother asked, her sweet voice piercing my ears and dragging me out of my thoughts

“Yes of course.” I stated taking my seat opposite of Yana, my eyes trained on the bare plate before me.

“If you’re already then sit up straight” Father practically commanded from his side of the table

“Yes sir” I straighten my posture

“Are you hungry dear?” Mother questioned, a frown planted on her young looking face

“No Ma’am.”

“Then you should get going Ryota.” Father gave me a pointed stare, “Unless you’d like to use those deadbeat cooking skills of yours to make yourself a lunch for today.”

In my seat I felt myself flinch from my Father’s words. I wasn’t a horrible cook- hell I was pretty damn good if I’d say so myself, “I’ll make myself lunch sir.” Pushing my chair away from the table I exited the dining room and entered our grand kitchen. Truth be told this would probably be my safe haven if dad and the other chefs didn’t hang around so much. I hate cooking in front of a crowd and their prying eyes make me feel like I’m an insect – an ant.

~~

When I got to the door and was about to leave for Ouran I realized something- I was still missing my shoe for my uniform. Luckily for me I had a couple extra pairs, because if Mother and Father found out about this they’d freak out or kill me. Changing into one of my extra pair of shoes and proceed to walk to school. That must sound strange uh? I rich kid walking to school- I mean who does that? Why would you do that if you have enough money to live an extravagant home with servants and workers to do everything for you? Well for your information, I walk to school for a couple of reasons. First: I live relatively close to the school, a twenty to thirty minute walk on a bad day. Second: Exercise. As I had said before I’m not the thinnest kid on the block and I can’t stand gym class so I don’t put much effort in when I have the class. Third: I really hate that I’m rich. I try and pretend that I’m not drowning in money and that I’m a normal ‘commoner’ instead.