Prologue

"Okay, we've got the cash, let's go!" said Seth in his very characteristic deep tone.

I grabbed my black slightly worn out sports bag and fallowed the others out of the bank through the back door. Everything had gone according to the plan and now we were free to go. No alarm had gone off, nobody suspected a thing and by the time they would find out about it, we would be long gone.

"What's taking her so long?" asked James from Seth. Our getaway car wasn't where it was supposed to be.

"Relax, we were just too fast," answered Seth calmly. He was always calm. He never freaked out about anything, which was sometimes actually quite annoying.

"Apparently not fast enough," said a smiling blond girl floating above us, our city's very own pain in the ass superhero Sun Bolt.

She was a really classic superhero with wavy blond hair, cape and a smile on her face. Her powers included flight, super strength, super speed and unfortunately always knowing how to ruin a good bank robbery.

"Shit," said Seth, like he just overcooked rise or something. Like it was a no big deal.

We all dropped our bags and... guns, which we didn't actually need at all, since nobody was even supposed to know we were robbing the bank in the first place, but safety first. Reluctantly we all raised our hands up. The police came soon afterwards. Running away wasn't exactly an option. We were all human, Sun Bolt would have caught us in like two seconds and I personally preferred not to get beaten up.

*

So there I sat in the police station, all alone, cuffed in a small interrogation room. We were all separated from the start, probably because then we couldn't come up with a good story. I didn't have a lawyer either. Couldn't afford one and didn't really need one. I wasn't exactly planning on staying, wherever they were sending me.

I had been sitting there for like two hours, just swinging with my chair, when a police officer finally opened the door. I didn't mind waiting actually. It wasn't my first time. I knew they just tried to make me feel nervous, but there was nothing to be nervous about.

The police officer didn't say anything, he just sat there opposite to me and looked at me with a tired face. The boys probably wore him out.

"So, Cassandra Madson, is there anything you would like to tell me?" he asked and then opened a thick fail in front of me. I hadn't seen him before, which was quite interesting. I thought I knew them all by now. Maybe he was new. More fun for me.

"I don't think there is anything, that you don't already know." I said confidently.

"Well then, let's see what I do know. You are fourteen years old. Your mother is in prison. Your father is the most wanted criminal in this city. You have been sent to youth prison twice and you have also escaped twice from there. Today you robbed a bank with five boys and they all say, that this entire operation was your idea and they were all forced by you to take part in it. In other words, they say you are responsible for everything."

"What?! You do realize how ridiculous this sounds? How could I possibly force five boys, who by the way are all older than me, to do anything for me? This robbery wasn't my idea. I tried to talk them out of it." I still hadn't lost my confidence.

"Then why take part at all?"

"They are my friends.... At least that's what I thought." I mumbled the last part. What the hell was going on? Why would they do something like this to me? We had robbed places before, it was all about teamwork, it didn't sound like them at all. These thoughts were unwillingly starting to go through my mind.

"Well, none of you have seen each other since the robbery. They all say the robbery was your idea. They all have clean records, you don't."

"I don't believe you? You are just making this up, so that I would blame all my friends and talk dirt about them."

"I have no reason to lie. You were all caught robbing a bank, it's not like I need any more evidence. I am just telling you, what they told me. I don't really care, what you are going to do with this knowledge. And you have every right to remain silent."

"So that's it? You listen to some boys blaming the girl and decide that it was all my fault? They walk away and I go to youth prison?"

"It is my job to figure out what happed. Judge will decide what happens next."

"You haven't figured out anything!!!"

"Tell me then, how did it happen? But keep in mind that there are five boys, who will probably not agree with your story."

I couldn't believe it. I trusted those guys. We had been friends like forever and now they were just screwing me over, making me take the blame for them. That cop was no good either. He probably just wanted this off his shoulders as fast as he good. He didn't care, who took the blame or the boys had somehow paid him off, because he sure seemed to be more on their side.

*

"Cassandra Madson, I hereby sentence you to five years in jail," said the judge and hit his hammer.

Unbelievable. At the age of fourteen I was sent to an actual prison. It was going to be a lot harder to break out of there.

I didn't see the boys, so I had no idea what happened to them. I also didn't see Kendra, our driver, who had gotten away with all of it.

On my way to jail all I could think of was, that when I get out, I was going to pay back to all off them – my gang, the police officer, the judge, Sun Bolt. They wanted to see me as a villain, then that is what they were going to get.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know what you think in the comments.