Decisions

"Hallooo, are you even listening to me?" asked Aurora in the evening, when we were both in our room.

"Huh?" I had been lost in my thoughts ever since I talked to Seth.

"I asked, did you change your mind about becoming a hero? You've been acting strange ever since you got home."

"Um, no. Sorry, I've been thinking about something. Not the hero thing."

"What's up then?" She sat on my bed next to me.

"I saw Seth again today and he gave me this." I showed Aurora the same piece of paper that Seth had given me.

"Did he suddenly become rich and bought a penthouse for you?"

"Huh?"

"That address is where most of the rich people in the city live... So why did he really give it to you?" How could my mom afford living in a place like that?

"Seth said, that my mother lives there."

"Really? I thought she was in prison?"

"She was, but she got out. Year and a half ago already... apparently."

"Did you know that before?"

"No, she never told me, when she'll be getting out. She always said "soon"." Just a mother comforting her child with silly words, that never come true.

"Are you going to go see her then?"

"That's what I've been thinking of... I don't know... It seems like she doesn't really want to see me."

"You don't know that. What's the worst thing that could happen, if you do?"

"She says, that she doesn't want to see me."

"Okay... that is pretty bad... but at least then you know for sure. Not knowing is always the worst.

"I guess you are right."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, this is something I gotta do by myself."

"Okay, but putting that on the side for a while, we have to get to the science center and talk about you becoming a superhero."

"I don't think Alice is going to like it."

"Sure she is. There are never too many heroes out there. Besides you are already practically a hero, you've helped us out a lot. Think of it as a promotion."

"Alice is definitely not going to be happy about that – me getting promoted before her."

"She'll get over it. Come on, let's go." She got up and was pulling me up too, but instead of getting up I just teleported us to the hero lair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the short chapter today. The good news is, that I have now 200 followers - THIS IS AMAZING!!!