Ride off into the sunset

I put my bag in the trunk of the car and then opened the door to sit in the front, next to the driver's seat.

"So how was your day?" asked Seth, who was sitting on the driver's seat ready to go as soon as I fastened my seatbelt.

"The usual. Did an exam, caught some bad guys, made something explode at work and all the kids were cheering. What about you?"

"Definitely not as interesting as your day. Just went to work, told people some boring stuff about the city, saw you on the news."

"Sounds like fun to me," I said with a smile.

"You sure Aurora will be fine with you gone?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't she be? She is an adult and she was doing great before I got my powers. Besides it's only for a week and in case of a huge emergency I can always teleport back to the city."

"Well we can make it longer than a week."

"I like that idea." And then we drove off into the sunset.

The summer vacation started, so Seth took a vacation from work as well. We decided to go on a road trip together to finally solve our issues and become a better couple. I still didn't trust him, but I wanted to, so going on this trip was me giving him a chance like everybody said, that I should do.

After sort of working for my father, Seth had given up his previous life and was now doing a great job working for the city's history museum. So great, that he was actually training out new tour guides for the museum. He also got his own place not far from my dorm. It was a quite small two-room apartment, but he pretty much only needed it for sleeping, so it didn't really matter.

I still lived at my dorm with Aurora, still studied at the university, did the hero thing occasionally and worked at the science center. I was also trying to fix my relationship with my mom. It had been so long, so it was gonna take some time before it started to feel normal to actually have a mother.

My dad was put in prison, obviously. Neither me or my mom went to the trial. We didn't really have to, it was all over the news. Once he got to prison someone tried to kill him already on his first day, so they put him in a single cell. I wasn't really sure how long he was going to survive there - he had made a lot of enemies by betraying everybody he knew, including me and mom. He never really trusted anybody, so he just got them out of his way, now he saw the result. I don't actually care what is going to happen to him as long as he stays in his cell.

Aurora is doing just fine. I told her about my dad's money after the police found a huge hole in the house. Needless to say, she was not happy about it, but after some explaining and convincing she was in on the whole charity thing. We put the vault in our secret hero lair and I let Aurora decide, who she wanted to give the money to, because as the ex-mayor's daughter she knows a lot more about charities than I do.

Alice of course was not very into the whole idea of having a giant vault in the lair. But I told her, that we could use it to store some important things, that we don't want anybody to steal, so she reconsidered.

Speaking of Alice, we still don't get along very well, but we are less hateful towards each other. She and Patrick are now officially together and I still don't get how that is possible, but then again, I never thought I'd get myself superpowers.

So, the first year of university and my new and improved is becoming to an end. It sure feels like being in prison was a lifetime ago. Everything seems to be going towards the right direction now.

THE END 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is it. Unfortunately I'm currently super busy with school, work and bunch of other things, so there won't be any new books before summer. I hope you understand. As always, I already have a lot of ideas, I just don't have the time to write them down. I'm also thinking about writing a sequel to this book to explain more of the characters background. 

Until my new book enjoy the spring.