Future meets past

Next week was already better. Just school, no drama. Well, almost...

I was about to go to school on Thursday, when I heard a phone ringing. It wasn't my phone, Aurora had left hers at home. It was Patrick, so I answered.

"Why are you answering Aurora's phone... again?" He wasn't saying that because of that one time. Aurora actually forgot her phone home a lot. I also answered when she was taking a shower or making dinner. If I were Aurora, I would have forgotten my phone home too just to avoid talking to those two for like an hour. Apparently, they didn't seem to have much of a social life what so ever, because all they did was check up on Aurora all the time. When I answered the phone, they usually didn't call again that day, unless it was an emergency.

"Because she already went to school and forgot her phone home. I'm going there myself right now, so can I take a message?"

"There is some crazy person driving in downtown, hitting everything and everyone. Aurora has to stop that car."

"I don't think she can do that today."

"What do you mean?"

"She has two super important tests today, remember? She can't miss, so she can't go hero today. Would it kill the police to actually handle one thing by themselves?"

"They've been chasing that car for like fifteen minutes now, but chasing only causes more damage, we need the car off the streets."

I teleported myself on top of a big building's roof in downtown. I had a good overview from there. I sure saw a speeding car and three police cars chasing it with other policemen trying to evacuate the area.

"I could stop that car," I told Patrick looking at the situation.

"What are you going to do? Teleport in the car and push the breaks?" Asked Alice in her not so nice tone.

"That is actually a good idea." There really wasn't anything else that needed to be done. I teleported myself in the car and ended up on the back seat. Something was definitely missing in that car.

"Guys we have a problem?"

"What kind of problem?" asked Patrick.

"There is no driver. This car is riding on its own." It was pretty complicated to speak normally with a phone, while being in a car, that tried to shake you out of it - kind of like bull riding in a rodeo.

"Can you use the breaks?" asked Alice, this time with her more helpful tone.

I climbed on the front seat, which was not easy, because of all the speeding and turning, and tried the breaks. "No, the parking brake isn't working either. Nothing works actually, not even the radio." I was speeding through the city with people screaming all around. It's like the car knew were people were and was like specially targeting people, to have as many casualties as possible.

"Can you teleport yourself with the car to some less populated area?" asked Alice again.

"I can try." I crabbed the steering wheel, while holding the phone between mu shoulder and cheek and focused on the port. As soon as I saw the sea, I teleported myself out of the car, so nothing happened to me, but the car ended up in the water, because it sped of the dock.

"Did it work?" asked Patrick.

"I think so, well at least it is in a less populated area." Or maybe not - there have been many bodies dumped there throughout the years.

"Where exactly is that?" asked Alice.

"At the bottom of the sea."

"Great thinking, you actually might turn out to be a pretty good superhero someday," said Patrick.