-Chapter 24-

Draco and I join the swarm of students entering the Great Hall, and I lose sight of him as we cross to our tables. Almost everyone has already seated themselves by the time I spot Harry and the others, and I walk over, slipping into a seat next to Hermione. They all look up, smiling, 

"Was that your last one?" Harry asks, piling food onto his plate, 

I shake my head, "I don't know, she hasn't told me." 

Hermione groans, "It's so annoying, Clara, we barely see you outside of class!"

"I know," I say quietly, "I'm sorry guys." 

No one seems to pay attention to my apology, turning to the table ladened with food instead. Harry gives me a comforting smile. I pile food onto my plate and start eating slowly, stealing one glance at Draco, who's chatting merrily with some other Slytherins. I barely talk through dinner; I just don't know what to say. I'm about to give my friends biggest secret away. I don't know how to talk to them. 

I finish my food, smiling at the others and standing up. "Sorry guys, I'm exhausted, I think I'll head back." 

"Alright, see you there," Harry says cheerfully, turning back to the intense conversation they were having about one thing or another. I walk out of the hall and towards our common room, hugging myself. When I get there, I head straight up to bed, pressing my face into my pillow and enjoying the emptiness of our dorm room while the others aren't there. It means I can quietly sob without being questioned. 

When I hear someone open the door I make myself stop sobbing, slipping my head under the blankets, and ignoring the ache in my chest. I just want someone to hug me. To tell me I'll be okay. 

This was so stupid. I should have told them when it started. I just wanted to prove myself to everyone. To prove I'm not just tagging along for the ride. That I'm brave like my parents. Like my brother. This is my fight. I have to finish it. 

xxx

I walk with Hermione to our Army meeting, arm in arm. We chat about nothing in particular, mostly Bellatrix Lestrange and the break out at Azkaban, though I try and steer our conversation away from it. 

"Potter?" I turn, knowing the call was for me. Harry's already in the Room of Requirement. Draco stands behind us, waiting. "Umbridge would like to see you in her office. Now," 

Hermione sighs, letting go of me and nodding. "You go, I'll tell Harry," 

"Thank's 'Mione," I say, turning to Draco. 

I walk over to him and he takes my arm, walking me in the direction of Umbridge's office. When we turn a corner, confirming he came to fetch me alone, I look at him, 

"What's going on?" Umbridge never holds detentions at this time. Ever. 

"I think you may have said something. Last time," 

I stiffen, shaking my head. I swear I didn't. But maybe- My memory of last time was so blurry I could easily have just given in and I wouldn't even remember it. 

"You are going to tell her this time, aren't you?" He asks, leading me through the door to the DATDA classroom and up the stairs to her office. I don't respond. He pushes me through the door roughly, and I stumble. I stand up straight, wincing. 

"Now, you know how this works. You told me yesterday that your little friends are meeting right now, aren't they?"

I don't respond. 

She nods, "Now, all you have to do is take me to them, Miss McGonagal, and I won't have to anything nasty," 

I don't respond. I know I should just tell her, but that would mean defeat. That would mean I give in. I won't. Not ever. I'm not going down without a fight. 

"Alright then. I see you chose the hard way," She places the picture face down, turning to me. 

"You realise this is illegal, right? You could go to Azkaban," I snap, she sighs, 

"What Fudge doesn't know won't hurt him, and if you think anyone would take your word against mine, you're wrong, dear. Now, where were we? Oh, yes, Crucio!"

I scream.

My body goes stiff as I fall over, twisting and turning against the knives. I want it to stop. I want someone to help me. Why won't anyone help me? Please. Please

It just keeps going. I can't do this anyone. 

"I'll do it! I'll- I'll do it- Please just- Stop please I-" I sob, curling up into a ball. The pain stops. My hearing returns, and I feel someone grab me roughly. Draco. He pulls me to my feet. 

"I'll go and get Filch, and if you lie-" She smiles, "I'll know. And I'll bring you back here and we'll do it all again, understand?" I nod weakly. She turns to Draco, "Bring her downstairs," 

She closes the door behind her and Draco pulls me into a hug. I clung onto him, sobbing into his shoulder for a second before he pulls away. He doesn't say anything. He takes my arm roughly and takes me down the stairs. We meet Umbridge, two inquisitorial squad members and Filch at the bottom. With Draco holding me, I lead them through the castle to the Room of Requirement. I nod at the blank stone wall. 

"Through there," I say weakly, as the edges of the door start to emerge. The door can see that I need it to. The room can sense how desperately I need it, but it can't quite open. Not quite. Umbridge starts using bombarda on where the door would be. Over and over until my head starts to spin. Finally, she makes a small hole in the wall. I see, faintly,  two pairs of eyes looking back to Umbridge. 

"I'll make short work of this. Bombarda Maxima,"

xxx

WOOOOO

Anywho yep that's happening now. 

Guess what day it is tomorrow

ITS MA BIRTHDAY

ok, cool thanks for reading,

Taylor xx