-Chapter 36-

Where would they have gone?

I'd wager a bet they must have gone outside- Filch is still busy trying to arrest half our year. If any of them are found they'll be screwed. I run through the corridors, shaking slightly with every corner I round, half hoping I never find them, but terrified I won't. If I don't, Harry will be on his own. If I do, I'll have to talk to them now that they know. 

Finally, I reach the long wooden bridge that leads towards Hagrids hut. I can hear voices, and swallow my fear as I round the corner. I slow, seeing Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Ginny, and Luna talking about something serious. Harry is talking but stops when he sees me. The group turns to me, glancing at each other. 

"I'm coming with you," I state, walking towards the group with strength, not fear. They look around at each other, waiting for someone to say something. Harry steps forward.

"Shouldn't you be in the hospital wing?" He says, his voice cold. 

"I can't tell if you actually care or if you want me to fuck off, but either way I'm not leaving," I snap, walking past him and turning to the group. Most of them won't look me in the eye. "How are we getting to the Ministry?"

Luna looks up hopefully, "We fly of course."

xxx

I feel as though breaking into the Ministry of Magic should be a lot harder to do. We get to the department of mysteries without any trouble, and slowly, carefully, step through the door Harry and I saw in the vision. Muttering Lumos, we all walk slowly into the cavernous room that opens before us. 

It is vast, rows upon rows of shelves three or four times out height fill the room, which expands behind the door as well. The shelves are lined with crystal balls similar to the one Harry and I saw, and as we peer closer, we see that the rows are numbered. Harry fratically leads us through the room, counting the shelves as he does so.

"Ninety-two, ninety-three, ninety-four, ninety-five-" Harry stops, looking around, "He- He should be here." 

I feel a knot form in the pit of my stomach. It wasn't real. It was a lie. Neville and the others start searching the area as if Sirius may be lying somewhere in the shadows, but he isn't. I hold my wand tighter. This must be a trap. 

"Harry- It's got your name on it," Hermione says, waving Harry over to one of the crystal balls on the shelf. I walk over too, seeing Potter etched into its label. That means it's not just Harry's. It's mine, too. Harry picks it up, jumping as his eyes blank. He's seeing something. Suddenly, I hear a noise from behind us, and turn to see something- No, someone- walking towards us. 

"Harry," I say, and the others turn, seeing the person walking towards us. Harry breaks out of his trance, turning to see them too, and pushing past me. The person walks closer, and I see the silver mask that covers their face. A Death Eater. 

"Where is Sirius." Harry snaps, holding his wand out. 

"You know, you should really learn to tell the difference between dreams," They step forward, drawing their wand and waving it, making the mask disintegrate off their face, and float in particles towards the wand, "From reality."

Lucius Malfoy.

I flinch, seeing the platinum blonde hair and grey eyes that I recognise easily. He walks towards us. Harry glances at me, and I at him. I was right. 

"You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see," Lucius says, "Now hand me the prophecy." 

"No, you do anything to us I'll break it," Harry says quickly. Thinking on his feet. I'm proud. A chilling cackle echoes from behind Lucious. I grit my teeth as a woman steps out from the shadows. Bellatrix Lestrange. We are in some deep shit now. 

"He knows how to play!" She laughs, "Itty, bitty, baby Potter. Oh, and of course, the new member of the family, mini Potter."

"Bellatrix Lestrange!" Neville says, stepping forward. 

She smirks, almost surprised, "Neville Longbottom is it? How's mum and dad?"

"Better now they're going to be avenged!" Neville yells raising his wand, I pull his arm down. Bellatrix has her wand raised at him now too, and he doesn't stand a chance against her. 

"Now let's, everybody, just calm down, shall we? All we want is that prophecy." 

"And why did Voldemort need us to come and get this?" I snap, 

"You dare speak his name? You filthy half-blood!" She cries, her wild eyes trained on mine.

"It's alright she's just a curious girl, aren't you? Prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made." Lucius explains. 

I glance over my shoulder, seeing a few more Death Eaters behind me. I take a deep breath. 

"Which is lucky for you really," he continues, "Haven't you always wondered what was the reason for the connection between you, your brother and the Dark Lord? Why he was unable to kill you when you were just an infant? Don't you want to know the secret of your scars?"

We start fidgeting, turning, facing the Death Eaters that have appeared around us. My eyes remain focused on Lucius'. He's so close to me I could reach out and touch him. 

"All the answers are there, Potter, in your hand. All you have to do, is give it to me, and I can show you everything. 

"We've waited fourteen years," Harry says, his voice steady.

"I know,"

"I guess we can wait a little longer. Now!"

"Stupify!" I yell, but Lucious repels my attack. Harry grabs my arm, pulling me away and leading me left, down a tunnel between the shelves. Lucious appears in a swirl of black before us, so we turn right, splitting the group in half. I run between the shelves, hearing people running around me though I don't know who. I run into a walkway, almost slamming into Hermione. Harry and Ron appear behind us. Two Death Eaters appear either side of us.

"Stupify!" I cry, sending one of them flying backwards and leading the others, running from the one behind us. I can hear them attempting to stun them but to no avail. A death eater flies alongside Harry and me, and the moment there's a break in the shelves Harry hits them with a spell, sending them backwards. 

We skid to a stop, almost slamming into the others as we meet at a crossroads between the shelves. My insides ache, but I can't give in now. Not now. We see two come spiralling towards us, and Ginny steps forwards, holding out her wand. 

"Reducto!"

We watch as an explosion of white light hits them, and they disappear. We stand in silence for a minute, before we see what the spell has done- the shelves start falling in on each other. I grab Harry's arm, turning him and pulling him away. We bolt through the dark room, hearing the crash of breaking glass at our heels until we reach a doorway, leaping through and falling. 

xxx

GUESS WHO FINISHED SCHOOL FOR THE YEAR YASSS

V excited and also working on the next book trailer but having a lot of trouble making it work? Idk I'll get something together 

Thanks for reading!

Taylor xx