-Chapter 30-

Vote if you enjoy!

Pansy and I walk in silence for a while, slowly. Everyone has headed back to their common rooms and the corridors are empty. It's an hour before dinner, the setting sun throws a dim, warm light through the windows, catching the dust that hangs in the air. 

"What was that about? Before?" I ask slowly, "Do you know them?"

She sighs, "Yes. I do." she looks down at her hands, clasped tightly together against her. 

"Do you want to, er, talk about it?" 

"Not really." She says quietly, then glances at me, "The Gryffindor, he just- He doesn't like me. At the Yule Ball last year he-" She stops and shakes her head. "Nothing. It's nothing." 

I nod. It's more than nothing, I can tell. "Did you tell anyone?"

"Yes. They said I was just making it up to get him in trouble."

I decide to leave it. "I'm sorry that happened to you, Pansy." 

She nods, sighing. Then rolls her eyes, "Look at me! All waterworks. Honestly." I laugh, and she wipes her eyes. 

"Listen, after what you told me I don't mind if you say no-"

"What?"

"I need to ask a favour," I say, she nods. "I seriously need a change of clothes. I need to get into the Gryffindor common room and up to my dorm room, but I don't want to do it alone. Draco can't help me cause-"

"He can't get into the dorm rooms." 

"Yeah, exactly. I don't mind if you say no." 

She pauses, thinking. "I do owe you one I guess, but this is one hell of a favour."

"I know." 

She sighs. "Alright, fine. I'll do it. And not because I think you're cool and want to be best buddies it's just because you saved my skin, ok?" 

xxx

The Gryffindor common room password has been changed. I bet Harry had something to do with it. How could he? How could he put me through this?

"Do you have a backup plan?"

I shake my head, slumping against the stone bannister. Stupid. I should've known. I hear someone coming up the stairs behind us, and realise it's Neville. I glance at Pansy, then back to him. When he looks up to see us, he freezes. 

"Hey, Neville," I say quickly. "I need to get in the common room, can you tell me the password?"

He stays silent. Then he frantically grabs a piece of parchment from under his arm, where he is holding a large selection of school supplies, and scribbles something down. He holds it up. 

I'm not meant to talk to you. 

He walks up, passed me and to the large painting of the Fat Lady, and says the password loudly, so we can hear it. I smile at Pansy, who shrugs. We wait a few moments, for him to settle in, then I repeat the password and the portrait swings out of the way. My heart rate rises. I'm terrified. Pansy and I step through the doorway and into the warmly lit room. We glance at each other. No one has noticed us yet. My eyes fall on the stairs up to my dorm room, and I take a shaky breath.

The common room falls silent. I try to avoid eye contact with the few people I see. I want to look brave, but I know I look terrified. My eyes meet Harry's, and I give him a pleading look, but he looks away. Pansy, on the other hand, stands up tall, looking around at the other students with a smirk on her face. When we reach the stairs, Hermione steps out in front of me. 

"What do you think you're doing?" She snaps. The tension in the air buzzes around me. I want to hit her so bad. I can't. I shouldn't. I won't get anywhere by lashing out. 

"I'm sorry, are you talking to us?" Pansy says, looking Hermione up and down. 

"Yeah. Who says you can be here?" Ron snaps, 

"I do, now let us through. We're here to get my clothes unless you have a problem with that?" I say firmly, trying to hide the wobble in my voice. 

Hermione smiles a sick grin. She steps aside. "Fine. Go ahead." 

I glance at Pansy, take her arm and run up the stairs. When I get to our room I burst through the door, closing it behind me. I have a bad feeling about this. My eyes fall on my trunk. It's empty. Shit. 

The door to the bathroom opens, and Ginny walks out. She falters when she sees us, frowning at Pansy, then grinning. "Have fun." She says.

She then walks past us and through the door, closing it behind her. I rush over to my trunk. It isn't completely empty- A school shirt and some underwear remain, but other than that nothing. The draws on my bedside table have been opened, two of them lie empty on the floor. My belongings lie around them in a mess, and I swear under my breath, rushing over. I kneel next to them, pushing things out of the way. I find letters ripped and tattered in a small, suprisingly neat pile, my school books open and bent pushed under my bed. I rifle through the mess, feeling pansy's eyes on my back. No. No. My sketchbook's gone. 

I've had that book since I was five. I don't draw directly in it- I cut out my best drawings and stick them in. It's a journal of all the best work I've ever done. I sit back on my heels. I will kill them. Suddenly, I hear a noise coming from the bathroom. Pansy and I glance at each other. She walks over to the door and opens it, jumping backwards. Instead of a student, however, a black cat leaps out from the bathroom and hurtles over towards me. Ink. 

I pull her in, feeling how cold she was. They were keeping her in the bathroom, no wonder I couldn't find her! I look up to see Pansy walk through the bathroom door. I bury my face in Ink's fur. I'm taking her with me. 

"Er, Clara, come here will you?"

I get up slowly, putting Ink down and tentatively walking towards the door. The bathroom is a cold grey, with red towels and candles as the only warm tones. Pansy has pulled the curtain back from one of the stalls with a bath in it. I walk over to her. 

The bath is full of murky green water that smells awful. It's from the black lake and slimy algae float at the surface. I reach my hand into the cold water, pushing it out of the way to see my clothes. All of my clothes.

"I swear to god," I hiss,

 I pull my hand back, my eyes meeting Pansy's. I'm going to make them pay for this. Pansy smirks, sitting up straighter. We're going to make them pay for this. 

Upon searching the draws in the bathroom I find some bin bags. I start pulling my clothes out and ringing them out over the bath. We don't have time to dry them with magic now. I shove them in the bag, only taking what I know I want and need. They absolutely stink. I normally wouldn't care that much, but I have no clean clothes. At all. Once all the important pieces are tied up in plastic bags, Pansy and I shove them into my trunk. 

"Now," Pansy says, grinning, "We aren't going to let them get away with this, are we?" 

xxx

2nd chapter this weekend guys woo