Reunion

Gwinneth looked at her little brother, as if seeing him for the first time. She did not know how it had escaped her notice that he was much shorter than she had been at his age. Looking back, she realized that his mother had been the same height as her twelve year old self.

:Nighttime can be deceptive,: Raiden pointed out helpfully.

She smiled ruefully. :It would seem so! Colors, and now respective heights... Now that I think about it, Sam was a bigger baby than him. I used to tease her for it...:

"Well," she said briskly, clapping her hands. "We do still need to get you two settled, yes?"

Varla materialized at her elbow, giving the appearance that she had been summoned. "If you will permit, My Lady, I have already seen to it. 'Twould be my honor to escort your siblings to their rooms."

Gwinn tried to submerge her surprise at her grandmother's behavior. :Laying it on a bit thick, aren't we?: She got the distinct impression her gran winked... in her head... She was still getting used to facial expressions in telepathy. :The lass has no respect for you, and the lad worships the ground you walk on. It will do them both good to see you in a position of authority. I've a feeling they argue behind your back, Gwinna.:

Gwinneth nodded, as if in reply to her grandmother's verbal statement. "I will see you for luncheon then?"

Samantha followed the elf, gaping openly at her sister's new attributes. Gwinn tried not to feel hurt by it, but it was difficult.

"If you dinnae mind, Ladies, I should like to stay with Gwinna."

Varla looked to her Lady for "permission", even as she mind-spoke her. :I like this one. 'Tis a shame he is not my blood kin!:

:I would appreciate it if you'd treat him as though he were.:

:It would be my pleasure,: Varla assured her.

Gwinn nodded again, and the elf led the bemused girl away.

"So... you're a dwarf, huh?" She punched his shoulder playfully. "That's for not telling me."

Raiden stepped forward to whisper in her ear that her brother had been actively prevented from telling her about anything out of the ordinary. Hrrtel picked up on her irritation, mantling and hissing at nothing. She patted him absently, her mind a whirl.

Unfortunately for the bewildered Irishman, when she was anxious, her eyes changed colors. The sister he'd known all his life was drastically different than the last time he had seen her. He tried to take it all in stride, unlike their other sister, but the last vestige of the girl who'd raised him vanished into a swirling yellow mist.

He fainted.

Gwinneth lunged to catch him, but it was a close thing. "I suppose 'tis a good thing I did not arrive in full True Form." Hrrtel nuzzled her cheek comfortingly. "Oh, I know you don't care what I look like. Deep down, I don't think he does, either. It was just a bit of a shock."

The sturdy dwarf was not out long. When he opened his eyes, Gwinn unconsciously echoed her Guardian's words to her upon her arrival. "Heyla, bit much, is it?"

Raiden chuckled, though it was strained. "Not much else to say when they faint, is there?"

Gwinn glared up at him. "I did not faint! Well, not right away. I was just weak in the knees. You try being mortal for thir―many years, and then get yourself dropped in a fantasy world! You'd lose the starch in your knees, too!" She was not angry with him, merely indignant, which Hrrtel had become inured to. He didn't bother reacting.