3

This in no way makes up for the lack of updates on the Behind the Mask series (I'll update the sequel one day I promise!) and on Opposites Attract, but it's something. Writer's block coupled with an insane drama schedule has been killer. Also I just marched in my school's homecoming parade in a rainbow wig screaming MAKE ART NOT WAR for like 20 mins, and this morning I woke up at 1 to watch SEASON 4 OH MY GOD so i'm like kinda dead but anyways LOOK AN UPDATE WOO. Also, to prove I do read each of your lovely comments, some suggestions/random thoughts/situations I thought were funny have been included in this chapter :)

"Is he dead?"

"Pidge, If someone died because they tripped over a rack then that would be the funniest shit i've heard all week."

Lance could faintly register voices around him, and knew they were talking about him. He groaned, a massive headache blooming in his forehead. 

"He lives. Shit, we could've got some business if someone died in here. That's stereotypically emo, right?" A voice asks. Lance opens his eyes to see the short cashier peering over him while eating Nutella with a spoon, and the beautiful boy he came in here to see was right in front of him. 

"What the fuck happened?" Lance asked. 

"You tripped and fell. Here," The boy, Keith, said while offering his hand. Lance took it and allowed himself to be pulled to his feet. For now, he'd blame his blush on feeling slightly sick from his fall. "Are you okay?" Keith asks him. 

"I think so. Just a little dizzy," Lance replies, sounding slightly woozy. 

"Do you need anything?" Keith asks him. 

"Your number."

"What?"

"What?" Lance echoes back, before putting a hand to his head in pain. Pidge is hiding a snicker behind a hand, while Keith is a million different shades of red. 

"Pidge, call your brother. As much as i'd like to get on with my life we can't just leave this guy like this, otherwise the blame goes on us."

"Way ahead of you. He'll be here any-"

"Did someone seriously fall over a rack? Tell me that wasn't a joke," A new voice says. Lance shifts his head a little to see a male figure that resembles the cashier walking in. 

"Matt, can you check this kid out real quick just to make sure he won't die or anything?" Keith says, peering through long pieces of dark hair that have fallen into his face. 

"Sure thing," Matt says, going over to Lance. "Hey, dude, can you hear me?" He asks.

"Yeah," Lance replies. 

"Good. Can you tell me your name and what happened before you fell?"

"I'm Lance McClain, and I was coming over hear from Sephora and tripped," He says. At the mention of Sephora, Pidge and Keith exchange a glance. Matt checks over a few more things with Lance, before turning to Keith and Pidge. 

"He's alright. Mild concussion but it should go away in a day or two. I told him to go home and rest," Matt says. 

"Thanks bro. Now go back to school," Pidge says, shoving him towards the door. 

"I'll leave but there's no point in going back to school now. I'm gonna go get fat off of cinnamon pretzel bites," Matt says, leaving. 

"I should probably go back too," Lance says, sadly. He hadn't even gotten a chance to really talk to Keith. 

"You work at Sephora, right?" Keith asks him. He turns, slightly too fast which makes him dizzy, but nods. "Any chance you could snag some eyeliner for me? My brother worships the stuff and he's nearly out."

"Why can't you come get it?" Lance asks. Keith turns his head slowly and whispers,

"No one can leave this place." 

"What?"

"Keith has been here pretty much every day the place is open for the past two years. He basically lives here. Don't mind him and his emo-ass muttering," Pidge says. Lance laughs. 

"Alright, sure. Which brand and type?" Lance asks. 

"I'll write it down since its so specific I butcher it every time. Gimme a sec," Keith says, disappearing into the back. Lance watches him go. 

"I've seen you, looking through the windows. What in here is so special that you'd stare in here from Sephora? Also, completely unrelated, but how are you eyes not like, dead from the light in there?" Pidge suddenly chimes in. 

"Heh, I guess i'm just used to it. And as for your first question... that's for me to know and you to find out," Lance says with a smirk just as Keith comes back. 

"Here. Just drop it off in here once you get it. I'll probably be here," Keith says. 

"Alrighty. Well, um. See you guys, I guess," Lance says. 

"See ya, Sephora boy!" Pidge calls as he leaves. 

----------------------------------------------

When Lance gets back to Sephora, he is bombarded by his fellow staff members, but is too busy staring at the paper with the name of the eyeliner written on it. 

Beneath the messy scrawl, is a phone number. 

Lance smiles. 

AYYYYYY MY DUDES I HOPE THAT WAS LIT ENOUGH FOR NOW. Also i'm moody as heck because I didn't get asked to homecoming and anyone who knows me knows that I have severe anxiety and fears over stuff like that so im like mildly dying inside but meh, its chill. Also, don't forget to go vote for prints that I should take to Taiyou (they are posted as a story, so check my profile!) And hopefully i'll be back soon with more updates!

PSA: Followers in the Phoenix area should definitely come see my school's musical, message me for more details. 

-Lee