6

me: *sees the last updated december 27th 2017*

me: hoLY SHIT ITS BEEN THREE MONTHS JESUS CHRIST

So uh yeah i'm not dead... shocker I know considering I never update... I swear none of my fics are abandoned. I just forget they exist and when I remember they exist I have writer's block. But after spending 2 days with my best friend rereading my old fanfics from like 5th grade and literally crying with laughter, i'm BACK IN THE MOOD Y'ALL. 

"Hands off the Fenty palette Jesus Christ that costs more than my hourly pay!" Lance borderline screeched as he grabbed a few brushes from his makeup apron. Keith pulled his hand back slowly, slouching in the chair a little. 

"Why is it so... uh... sparkly?" Keith asked as Lance pulled a few clips from his pocket to pin Keith's hair out of his face. 

"Because it's Rhianna so it's hella extra but hella gorgeous," Lance said as he sprayed Keith's face with god knows what to prep it. "Now sit still so I can find your color," Lance said. After telling Allura his plan to help Keith with his makeup, she'd done two things. The first was nearly have a heart attack out of excitement. The second was agree to stay about an hour late after closing so the store was empty. Thus, the perfect setting for Lance to screech like a velociraptor over makeup products. 

"I'll pretend that makes sense," Keith replied. He wasn't sure Lance heard him, though, as he was busy prowling the store for a good foundation. 

"Got it!" Lance finally cried before running back over to Keith. He held a mysterious black container in his palm.

"What is that?" Keith asked.

"It's called foundation you spoon. Now this shade is called 'Keith's pasty-ass skin' by 'Why Are You So Pale' so it's perfect for you!" 

"Okay I may not know much about makeup but I know that cannot be true," Keith said flatly.

"Of course it's not, silly. Now we ain't wasting the Fenty all over so this is Make Up For Ever but it's still fabulous," Lance said, opening the container and applying the foundation. He grabbed a beauty blender off the makeup counter and began blending it in. 

"What the hell," Keith said, his voice muffled by Lance dabbing at his face with the blender. 

"It's a beauty blender, come on Keith, get with the program," Lance said as he finished blending. "Okay, concealer time," He squinted a little, before grabbing a nearby product. "Let's just stick with my trusty Tarte Shape Tape for you," He said, opening the product.

"But it's not tape?" Keith said, almost as a question, as he looked at the product. 

"Of course it's not. And before you ask, no, I don't know why it's called that," Lance said, applying and blending it in. "Okay. Time to set it!" Lance said, grabbing a container that to Keith looked suspiciously like cocaine.

"Is that even supposed to go on your skin?" Keith asked.

"It's not drugs, even though it looks like it. It helps your foundation stay so it doesn't shift. Noe close your eyes so nothing gets in them," Lance said. Keith flinched at first, but eventually got used to the powder. He reached up to lightly touch his face.

"It feels like... really heavy but also soft?" Keith said.

"That's how it should feel. Now don't touch! We gotta bronze and contour! Where is my Kat Von D bronzer?" Lance muttered to himself before grabbing some more products. 

"Is all this stuff even necessary?" Keith made the mistake of asking. 

"Yes!" Lance screeched again, before proceeding to bronze and contour Keith's face. "How are your brows so nice?" Lance said as he lightly drew over them. "I barely have to do anything!" He stepped back, touching the edge of his brush to his cheek as he thought about what to do next.  "Now... i'm thinking... something red... with some sparkle... wings so sharp they could cut a bitch... perfect!" Lance said, grabbing a Morphe palette and some more brushes. He leaned down, and Keith was in this moment thankful for the foundation hiding his blush. "Eyes closed," Lance said quietly. Keith closed his eyes, and felt the brush begin to move across his eyelids. Every now and then he could feel Lance's soft exhale across his cheek. "Eyes open," Lance said after a few minutes. 

"Are they already done?" Keith asked. 

"We're getting there. Close em!" Lance said. "Now, don't flinch. I'm applying liner and this shit is liquid and if it gets messed up we may have to start over. Then lashes, which are gonna feel kinda cold and hella weird but trust me that's normal," Lance said. Lightly smoothing Keith's skin with his fingertips, he applied the eyeliner. Keith flinched a little when Lance glued the lashes on, but otherwise was fine. At least, until he opened his eyes. 

"Oh shit this feels weird," Keith said, blinking a few times. 

"Yeah, it does the first time. You'll get used to it though. Now, are you ready for my favorite part?" Lance said, practically jumping up and down. 

"What's your favorite part?" Keith asked. 

"Highlighter!" Lance practically screamed. Keith flinched at the noise. "We're going all out. Fenty Beauty time. Prepare to shine like the fucking sun, Keith," Lance said, swiping his brush over the shimmering powder before applying it to Keith's face.

"Can I see?" Keith asked, wondering what he looked like at this point. 

"Not yet. We've still gotta do lips. Now... I know what color I want but what brand..." Lance asked himself as he searched the store. He quickly returned empty-handed. "Nope. There's only one lipstick for you and it too is Fenty," Lance said, grabbing a container of luscious looking red liquid lipstick from the nearby Fenty display. 

"I'm guessing that's your favorite brand?" Keith asked. 

"It's too gorgeous. I can't resist. Now, soft lips. No scowling!" Lance said. Keith tried not to move as Lance meticulously colored in his lips with the applicator. After a few tense moments of extreme lipstick-applying, he stepped back. "Setting spray. Gotta set this. Eyes closed," He said as he grabbed a bottle off the counter. Keith felt his face get lightly misted with something, opening his eyes once it stopped. Lance was still staring at him. The look in his wide eyes was unreadable.

"Lance?" Keith asked. He snapped out of whatever thought he was lost in. 

"Ready to see?" He asked Keith, who nodded. "Alright. One, two, three!" Lance said as he spun the chair around. 

Keith didn't even recognize himself. He was handsome. 

No. 

He was goddamn beautiful

And now I present the first 1,000 word chapter of HTH to make up for my lack of updating! 
And to prove I know jack shit about makeup, I literally had to watch like 5 different makeup tutorials (mostly James Charles and NikkiTutorials) in order to get good product names. 

And uh... if anyone wants to draw Keith's look... message me and i'll give you exact product names for everything and color swatches for the eyes. And then i'll cry because I wanna see this makeup look happen in art or cosplay. I'll try to update more frequently y'all i'm sorry!

Also on an unrelated note anyone in Arizona who can make me Lotor's armor for a relatively not insane price (i'm a broke ass thot im sorry) by PCF will be my life saver i'll sell you my first born or somethin i'm desperate. 

Love you all! Hope this update satisfied y'all. See ya soon (i hope)

-Lee