Chapter five : Unknown lullaby

Everything was just getting worse. We were just staying on the floor not taking at all,just waiting for our end. How could someone do all this? Who were they? Where were they? Where were they hiding? Who was next? All these questions inside my head without an answer. I just wanted to know why,why were they doing this why were they torturing us why were they killing us one by one. I couldn't stop crying and Ashley had been hugging me all the time. In order to calm myself just a tiny I started to sing with a really low voice a lullaby called Hush little baby my mum used to sing me when I was little. I remember I loved hearing my mum singing it with her melodious voice. But now that I'm singing it I just hate it,some of the words just sound weird,it sounds creepy and scary and I wasn't sure if I was saying the right words. Even though I didn't like it at all I still kept singing it. I didn't know how long we stayed like that but when Jared broke the silence I was brought around.
"ENOUGH!!! I CAN'T STAY LIKE THIS ANY LONGER!" he screamed.
I just looked at him unable to say anything. I just didn't know what to say. I wasn't myself I had turned into a lifeless thing. I was just desperate. But Ashley wasn't like me so she sat up and went to Jared.
"Jared please calm down. "
"Calm???? How the fuck I'm supposed to be calm??? Sam just fucking died Ash. He's fucking dead. And we are just waiting for our turn. We have no phones to call,we are trapped here. I can't be calm"
"I know Jared I know. It's not easy for me too but we shouldn't let the panic take control of us. We have to find a solution. "
"Don't you get it Ashley?? There's no damn solution. We're doomed. "
"Please don't think like that. " she said crying.
"I'm not thinking Ash. I'm just saying the truth. I lost my ability to think now. There's only one thing left to do."
I heard what Jared said and even though I didn't want to accept it he was right. We were doomed. I lost my strength and self-esteem. But I didn't want to die either. I was so scared I couldn't think straight. I covered my face with my hands hoping for a miracle.
But then I heard Jared calling me so I raised my head and stood up.
He looked like a completely different person. He wasn't the handsome popular guy who annoyed me so much anymore. I didn't know the person who was in front of me. He was so scared, so shocked,so unsecure. Where was that annoying guy? I missed him. So much.
"Coraline. I'm so sorry I'm so sorry." He said hugging me and crying. Ashley was there and just watching us. Her face was wet from the tears.
I didn't know what to say so I just stayed like a statue.
"You were right all the time. It wasn't a competition, it was just a trap for us. Please forgive me. "
"Jared you didn't want anything of this to happen. It's not your fault. "
"No Coraline. I brought you to this. It's all my fault. I'm the reason why you won't see your mother anymore and I know how much you love her. I'm the reason your mother will be destroyed."
"Jared please stop talking like that. Everything will be OK. " I said even though I was lying. I wanted Jared to be calm.
"No nothing will be fine. Everything is going worse and worse. Coraline I'm so sorry. "
" Jared you haven't done anything wrong. Please stop apologizing. " but he didn't listen to me anyway.
"Even if you forgive me I will never forgive myself for what I did to you."
"Jared please you're scaring me. "
"I know what I have to do. I won't let that psychopath kill me. I won't. "
"What do you mean by that? "
He didn't answer and just looked me into the eyes. I saw also his;they were so dark and empty,they were dead.
"Coraline can you please make me a favor even though I don't deserve it?"
"Anything to make you feel better. "

"Can I kiss you? "
I was surprised because I didn't expect that but I couldn't say him no. I could see how thrilled and scared he was so I nodded my head. He managed to do a sad smile before grabbing my face and kissing me. Despite of the situation we were he kissed me with passion and desire. But it was a sad kiss. I didn't feel the butterflies, I didn't feel the pleasure I didn't feel any of this. I wish I could even just a little.
Then he broke the kiss and put rested his forehead on mine and whispered:
"Goodbye Coraline. "
Then he ran. I was suprised and millions of questions popped into my head. Me and Ashley followed him but the last second I saw him was him closing the door of the kitchen. Me and Ashley started to punch the door but he didn't open the door. My hand started to hurt from the pain and bleeding but I didn't care. I still kept punching the door.
"Jared open the door now!"I screamed.
But he didn't open it. What was he doing there?
"Jared open it. You're scaring us."begged Ashley but still nothing.

Jared's POV

Kissing Coraline was something I always wanted to do,something I always dreamed of. I had always liked that girl even though I knew I had annoyed her really much. I was happy she let me kiss her. It made me feel just a tiny better. After that I ran into the kitchen and locked it with a chair since there wasn't any key. I saw her following me along with Ashley and after that hear her punching the  door. She was screaming me to open the door,begging me for it but I had made up my mind. I wouldn't let a psycho bastard kill me. No that would be awful. I wouldn't let myself get murdered in a grossueme way like Sam and Vanessa. No! That wouldn't be my end. I'd better kill myself than let that freak kill me. I searched through the cupboards until I found what I wanted. A sharp knife. Yeah that would work. I sitted on the floor and took off my jacket in order to reveal my arm. My hands were shaking but I knew what I was doing. Like I said I'd better kill myself. So closing my eyes I cut my veins. It was painful. I saw my blood flowing out. I thought about my family and hoped that Coraline would forgive me. I hope she truly does. I'm sorry that I brought you to this. Goodbye.

Back to Coraline's POV
I kept punching and punching the door but Jared just didn't open the door. I was so worried about him.
"Coraline please stop. He won't open it."
"He will,he will."
"He won't Coraline. He is gone."
"What do you mean with that? He's just shocked of all this like us Ashley. "
"Think Coraline.Why would he lock  himself there all alone."
When I thought about it I was in shock. No. No he wouldn't do that. Ashley was wrong. He couldn't do that. He couldn't kill himself like that.
"No,no. It can't be."
"I'm sorry Coraline. It's just us now. "
"I don't believe it without watching it myself. "
"I know it's hard but that's the truth. "
I didn't want to believe it. Jared. Why? Why did you do that? We should have found a solution to all this madness together. Why did you do this to yourself? I was so terrified that I couldn't breathe.
"Coraline are you OK?"
I wasn't. I was going crazy. But one thing I knew. The person who did this to Jared is going to pay.

A/N I know that you probably will hate me for killing off Jared. It was hard for me too writing that part.

Vote and comment :*
Instagram gisela_purizo