Chapter seven:I just ran

Song of this chapter Hidden citezen I ran

I couldn't believe I was outside. Even though I was inside only for some hours to me it was like I was there for an eternity. But I still couldn't breathe knowing that down my feet were dead bodies. I was wearing the dress that psycho gave and Ryan was in the garden wearing a black jacket in order to look like a groom. God how much I wanted to strangle him but I need to wait for the right moment to get the hell out of here. Ashley was holding my hand like she was a bridesmaid. I got closer to the monster and he grabbed my hand and kissed it. I wanted to throw up. To run away from here. But I still needed to play along for some time. First I needed to take him off the gun. So I hugged him and with a playful voice I told him:
"I see you have something in your pocket."
"You mean the gun?"
"Yeah. It gives you such a bad boy look. But I am kinda afraid of it. Can you just remove it at least for the wedding. "
He saw me with a suspicious look so I tried to fake a smile.
"Okay. " and he threw his gun away. I wish I had seen see where he threw it. He grabbed my hands again and said
"Let's make the vows my love. "
"Okay you start. "
"I promise I will love you and take care of you for the rest of my life. Try to make you happy and to see your face always smiling. And if someone tries to spoil our happiness I will make them pay. "
"Nice words for a killer like you." I thought. It was the moment. My hands started to become sweaty and my heart was racing like crazy. I looked for a second at Ashley and did a small wink. She nodded. She got the signal. It's now or never Coraline. It's life and death and I chosed life. I couldn't let myself die. I couldn't do that to my mother. She only had me. I was her life,the light of her eyes the reason she smiled everyday. And if she lost she would lose herself. No. My mum didn't deserve that.
Thinking of her gave me strength and confidence. Maybe I could make it out of this madness. I couldn't save the others but I could save myself and Ashley. Her life had been so difficult. She told me when we were getting ready her past. She had never been happy. Her mum was a meth addict and her father a gambler. That's the reason why she lost faith on people and started witchcraft and voodoo. They were the only thing that gave her strength to live life. She deserved life. She deserved to experience happiness and I would help her to achieve that. I looked into his eyes and playfully put a hair behind my ear. Ryan was just admiring me.
"Okay Coraline.NOW!!!" I thought. And then I kicked him hard in his stomach. He fell and screamed from the pain. I ran to Ashley and grabbed her hand.
"Ashley we have to run!"I yelled. But only two steps were all I could do. Ryan grabbed me and slapped me. Ashley was having a panic attack and just screamed.
"You are going to pay for this bitch!" Ryan screamed at me. He put me in the ground and started to strangle me taking the breath out of my lungs. Was it my end?
I was feeling my body giving hope. It seemed that now it was my turn to die.
But I had totally forgotten about Ashley. I saw her pushing Ryan away and punching him. I started to breathe so hard that my lungs seemed like they were going to explode. My vision was blurry and I struggled to breathe. But when I raised my head I saw Ryan holding a knife and then he stabbed Ashley's stomach.
"Noooooooo!!!!" I yelled. I put my hand to the grass so I could get up but I touched an object there. It was a gun. The gun Ryan threw away. I quickly grabbed it and without thinking too much I fired it. The noise was loud. I was keeping my eyes closed hoping I didn't shoot Ashley. Then I opened my eyes. There was Ryan laying on the ground and bleeding from his body. Terrified I run towards Ashley. She was still alive.
"Ashley? Can you hear me?"
"Coraline...."
"Ashley we have to go out of here. "
"Did you...kill? "She said with a weak voice.
"Yes but we have to go to an hospital now." I said as I tore a part of the dress and wrapped it around Ashley's wound.
"Can you stand up? "
"Yes..."
I helped Ashley getting up and then we ran together. Away from here. Without turning our heads back.
I held Ashley on my shoulder and just run with her. I wanted to go away from this nightmare. I didn't know where I was going and I didn't care. I just wanted to be as far as possible from here.
I don't know how long we ran but I could see that Ashley was becoming weaker. She was so pale like a zombie.
"Ash??"
"Yess..." she said with her eyes closed and a really weak voice.
"Please open your eyes. Stay with me. You'll get better. I promise you. Just stay with me. "
"Cor..aline. I... don't...know. ...how long...I can go on."
"No no. Don't say that. Stay with me. Keep listening to my voice. You're going to be OK. "
She just sighted. I became worrier about her. I couldn't let her die like that. The sun now was rising and now I could see better where I was walking. Then I saw a road. Finally. I found the road. I hope a car will pass soon. All I have to now is wait and hope.

The road was kinda creepy with the weak light and the lifeless tress

The road was kinda creepy with the weak light and the lifeless tress. I placed Ashley's head in a tree. She had passed out and she was breathing weakly. With my eyes full of tears I raised my thumb up hoping for a car to stop for us. My clothes were dirty,my hands were with blood and my hair messy. I also could feel the bruises on my face and neck Ryan left. I couldn't believe I killed him. Now I'm a murder. I know he was a psychopath who didn't deserve life and did horrible things but it was still a life. It's not that I had much choice. It was him or us. Then as I was deep thoughts I saw a small black car coming. As soon as I saw it I screamed and raised my arms and waved them fast for the driver to notice me. The car stopped fortunately. Then I broke down in tears and fell into the ground. I couldn't believe it. I was finally alive. The driver put his hand on my shoulder and said.
"Oh my Lord. What happened to you?"
I didn't answer but pointed to the tree Ashley was. The man immediately run into her and carried her bride-style. I couldn't stop crying.
"Your friend isn't showing any signs of life. We need to get to the hospital now."
I got inside and the man put Ashley to the back seat.
"What happened to you girls?" He asked. I turned my head towards him and finally I saw clearly my saviour. He looked around his early 20s had brown hair,caramel skin colour and green eyes.
"We escaped death. Please hurry" I told him with a shaking voice.
"We will go to hospital and then to the police station okay?"
"..Okay.."
"My name is Andre Young. What's your name?"
I see he wanted to make me feel better with small talk but I just felt horrible.
"Coraline Hills. My friend there is Ashley Lightwood. I just want her to be safe. I couldn't save the others. I just want her to be okay."
I saw how Andre got surprised. He just grabbed my hand and gave it a little squeeze. I removed my hand immediately. I still could feel Ryan hands grabbing mine. He didn't talk anymore. I just stared at the window like I had never seen from it before. I still couldn't believe I escaped from the house. It seemed like a nightmare. A nightmare which was true. Then I remembered Jared. Our kiss.I would never see him again. I would never feel the annoyance he gave me again. I just cried thinking about how he didn't deserve any of these. None of them deserved it.