Chapter eight:Nightmares

Song of this chapter 21 pilots Heavy dirty soul

I woke up in a hospital bed. What happened?  I try to get up and when I do I see myself in front of the mirror. I am wearing an hospital shirt, I'm clean and I have some bandages. When I see the scars on my neck I remember everything. The "game",the haunted house, Vanessa, Sam, Jared and Ashley. Wait a minute. Ashley!! She was wounded badly by Ryan. I must know she is okay. I immediately open my room's door and enter in the hallway. A nurse came to me telling I should go back to my room and relax.
"No no. I'm fine. I just want to know how my friend is."
"Please go to your room miss. You just woke up from shock. You need rest. "
"I cannot rest if I don't know how my friend is. " I say a bit loudly so everyone is watching at us now.
"It's okay Mary. She looks fine to me. "A doctor said. "You may leave. "
The nurse nodded and left.
"Please doctor tell me about my friend. Her name's Ashley and she was stabbed with a knife. "
"I'm sorry about your friend Miss, but she had lost a lot of blood. We tried everything we could but her wound was too deep. I really am sorry."
I just stared blankly at him. I couldn't believe it. Ashley was gone. I couldn't save her while she risked her life to save me. I was the only one who had survived.
"Well emm miss. There is also the police here and a boy called Andre. "
"What? Andre hasn't left? "
"He wanted to make sure everything was okay. And the police wants to ask you some questions about what happened to you and your friend. "
Thinking about what happened made me shiver. I don't know if I was ready to talk about it now that I just heard the news about Ash but I had to. Everyone deserved to know what happened. But first I wanted to talk to Andre.
"I want to talk to Andre. Where is he?"
"At the end of the hallway. "
"Thank you doctor. For everything. "

As soon as Andre saw me he got up from the chair he was sitting and even though I don't know nothing about him I run to him and hugged him tight. He saved me. If he didn't show up in the deserted road I  wouldn't be alive now. I would be thankful to him all my life.
"Hey Coraline. It's over now. "He said to me. But I just kept hugging him.
"Thank you. Thank you so much. " I said in tears. They were tears of joy of sadness of being scared of relief. For me it was still a nightmare. But at least the nightmare is ending soon.
"Let's sit down shall we?"
"Yes of course. "
"How are you feeling? "
"My body hurts but it is fine. I'm still shocked form what happened. "
"I'm sorry about your loss. I know you and your friend went through a horrible thing and if you want to talk about it you can. But of course if you feel uncomfortable then don't say a word. "
Yeah. What happened was haunting me even though I was trying to look okay. My hands were still shaking but maybe it would make me feel better if I talked to someone about it and not to some random policeman.
"Well it all started the day before Halloween...." I started to say but something or better say someone interrupted me. In front of me was walking the bus driver the one who drove us to the haunted house. He knew everything and didn't tell us anything. He knew there was a psychopath who would kill everyone but still remained silent. Rage and anger was flowing all over me and I couldn't control myself for my next actions. I immediately got up and ran fast into him.
"Killer, murderer!!!" I yelled. I slapped him hard but he didn't do anything. I kept slapping him fast.
"Coraline what are you doing? "Said Andre. He grabbed my arms but I tried to fight back even though I was feeling really weak.
"Are you happy now killer?? Are you happy??" I kept yelling.
"I hope you burn in hell. " I told him.
Andre just kept grabbing my arms and made me go from there. Why was he doing that? It was all his fault three people were killed. He knew that was going to happen and still didn't warn us.
"Coraline why did you do that?" Andre said.
"He...."my tears and anger wouldn't let me speak "It's his fault. "
"Calm down, calm down. You should go to the police and tell them everything you know. "
"Andre can you make me a favor? "
"Yes of course. "
"Can I borrow your phone? I want to call my mother. "
"Yes. Sure,here you are. "
I took his phone and dialed my mother's phone number. The only thing that could make me feel calm was the sound of her voice. I saw the clock. It was 11 o'clock.
"Hello?"
"Mum!!"
"Coraline? Is that you dear?"
"Yes mum it's me."
"Oh dear how are you? How the night went? "
My mum didn't have any clue what happened. Maybe all of this wasn't still on the news.
"Mum. I'm at the hospital. "
"What?????"
"Mum please just come here. I'll explain you everything later. "
"God I hope you kids haven't done anything stupid. " she said and hung up. The call was short but I felt so relaxed. I missed her voice. The voice I thought I would never hear again.
"Coraline?"
"Yes Andre? "
"The police wants to talk to you now."
"Tell them I am ready to tell everything that happened. "
It would be hard for me but I had do it. I was the only who could tell what happened since I was the only survivor. It's a challenge for me but I didn't have any choice.

A month later
My life...well my life has changed a lot just in one month. For me well things haven't been really good. I have changed, I'm not the same anymore. I go to the psychologist every day but still feel empty and broken inside. I have nightmares every single night and I wake up terrified in the middle of the night. When I have these attacks my mother  comes near me and says that everything is going to be okay. But I don't feel better. Why am I feeling this way? Well there's a reason behind this. The day I found out that Ryan was still alive somewhere made me like this. It was a week since everything happened. I had told to the police everything every single detail. The police also arrested the bus driver. It turned out he did all of these because Ryan had threatened him to kill his daughter. He also told the police the location of the haunted house. But when police went there they found 3 dead bodies and ashes of what was an old house. Ryan was never found. He also had burnt the house to destroy every evidence. What shocked me more was that there was no Ryan Williams in this city. Actually Ryan Williams was a man who had died many years ago. That person had never been to the school I was. Who was him? I couldn't find peace inside me if he was out there walking calmly on the streets. Sally-Jo tries to calm me saying that karma is going to get him one day. My mother is worried about me. I don't want her to suffer because of me. But I just can't control how I'm feeling now. I wish I could.
During this month I made a new friend Andre. He is actually a student of criminal psychology and has promised me to help me. Because I have made a purpose to myself. I know that one day that monster will come back for me. I don't know when or how but I know he will. And this time I will be ready for him. He won't get away so easy the next time I will meet him. Because he will be the dead one next time. Just wait. Wait for me. I am going to be your worst nightmare and you will wish you never did all of that. So be careful because I am coming.

The end
Thanks everyone for reading A killer among us. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Happy Halloween!!
Vote and comment.
Special thanks to  MichaelOmeally Itty2bitty and of course my sister who loves thrillers.