Chapter 7

I never looked in the mirror after my shower. I just combed my hair and put it in a pony. I try to avoid looking in any mirrors due to my, you guessed it, excellent self-image. Being broken down by those who were supposed to love you tends to make you think nothing of yourself.

Looking at myself in the kettle, I felt my heart going at 200 miles per hour. This was just so weird. My eyes were glowing. A pale blue light were shining out of them. I saw my hand reaching up towards my face and felt it touch my skin, but it was like I was looking at someone else.

I understood mum’s reaction immediately. I understood the conversations I could hear while shifting. What I could not rap my mind around was the subtle changes I could see. As I looked down at myself, I really saw what was nagging at the back of my mind the whole time.

My body looked stronger, more toned. I even looked taller.

I went to the guest bathroom to have a better look. I did not have a full length mirror in my own bathroom.

Yip. I definitely looked more toned. My hair were still the same length, but the colour seemed to be lighter. My arms, legs, in fact my whole body looked really good. Not the little girl muscles I used to have, but like I’ve been working out hard. Even my face seemed much more mature. But why?

“Zee?”

“In here, Dad.”

“Your mother said you were awake. Zee? Are you OK?”

“I guess…I don’t feel sick, in fact I feel great. I’m just stunned. Are you afraid of me too, Dad?”

“No, Zee, I’m not afraid of you,” Dad said while wrapping me in his arms. “Come. We need to have a chat with Carl.”

“Ok,” I said pulling away.

I walked behind him towards the study.

“She’ll be confused.”

“Dad, who is that?”

“What do you mean, Zee?”

“Who was that talking? I seem to recognise the voice. Yes. What is Josh doing here?”

“What? How do you know that?”

“I heard him talking just now. Who is he talking to?”

“But I did not hear him just now. He is in the study with Carl. I closed the door when I came looking for you.”

Just like any other study, this one was soundproof.

“Well, this is getting too weird.” I whispered under my breath and by the frown on Dad’s face, he heard me.

Dad opened the door and I could not believe my eyes when I stepped through the door.

All the men from my family were here, together with Alpha Scott, Anthony, Carl and Josh. My mum was standing at the window with her back towards us.

“I can see what you meant, Josh,” Carl said looking at me. Everyone in the study turned to look at me too, except my mum.

I felt my wolf getting excited and the best scent ever filled my being. Oh, no. One of them was my mate. Either Anthony or Josh…