Chapter 1: Lying For Out Whole Kingdom's Sake

Mary POV 

 Francis stayed in our chambers, while I talked with our castle nobles and staff. Nobody knows he's back yet, so Me and Catherine head to the throne room.

 We fixed my hair and changed my clothes. I walk up to my throne and sit down. "My loyal subjects, I reassure you that your King and Queen remain untouched." Everyone sighs in relief. 

"These murderous traitors who invaded the castle tonight have achieved nothing, have altered nothing, and will die for nothing," I say and everyone prays real quick and I leave. When I enter our chambers, Francis is asleep in bed. I take off my clothes and put on my nightgown and robe.

After I lay on our couch in our chambers, Catherine grabs a blanket and covers me up. "I can't stop shaking. I'm so cold." I tell her, shivering. "It's the shock of tonight's events," she tells me. 

Catherine sits by me and strokes my hair while singing me a lullaby. "Thank you, Catherine. I love you." I tell her, just as I fall asleep. 

  Catherine POV 

  Mary's lying on the couch, while I sing her a lullaby and stroking her hair, to help her fall asleep. 

"Thank you, Catherine. I love you." I hear her say, as she falls asleep. I get up and walk to the door when I hear Francis. "Mother?" He asked me. "Yes, Francis?" I said, walking up to the bed.

 "What happened to Mary?" He asks me. "Francis, Mary was raped," I tell him. "No! This is all my fault. I should have been there to protect her." he says, on the verge of crying. I pull him into my arms, "it's not your fault, Francis. Don't ever think that. Just give her time and space, that's all she needs right now. Maybe, you should take her away from the castle in a few days." I tell him. 

I stay with him till he falls asleep, then leave the room and fall asleep in my bed.

(Middle of the night)

Francis POV

"No! Stop! Please stop!" I hear someone scream. I wake up and realize it's Mary.

 I get up and try to wake her up, she's kicking and trying to hit someone. "Mary! Mary!" I say, but it doesn't work. I pick her off the couch, wrapping her in the blanket and put her in my arms, holding her close to me. I take her to bed with me and gently lay her down and cover her up, then I go to the other side and lay down.

 I watch her finally sleep peacefully.  

  (Morning) 

 Mary POV

I wake up to someone turning and the feel of a man's warm breath, breathing on me.

I quickly sit up and realize it's just Francis. He wakes up and sits up in the bed.

"Mary?" he asks me, concerned. "It's n-nothing Francis." He gets up and walks up to me. 

"No, it's nothing. Tell me what happened last night, Mary please?" he asked, begging me to tell him. "Okay," I say, he nods and I sit on the bed, while he sits next to me on the divan. "They came in the middle of the night. And one of them, he- he raped me, Francis." I say, shaking like heck. He comes up to me to hug me, I quickly get up and run out of our chambers.

 "Mary! Mary!" I hear him scream, but I don't listen I just run. 

Francis POV

Mary just ran out, I was only going to give her a hug.

 I call for her ladies, my mother, and my half-brother Bash. "What's wrong Francis?" mother asked me after everyone was here. "Mary, she just ran out," I said. "Why?" Lola asked, looking at me with worry. "Last night, Mary was raped and beaten. You can't tell anyone." I say. 

  "We won't Francis," Bash says, coming up to me and giving me a hug. "Why did she run out?" my mother asked. "She told me everything and after she was just crying, so I went up to her to give her a hug and she just ran out," I said. "Francis, she's just scared of being touched.  After what happened, it's nothing new." mother told me. "I need to find her," I said. "We'll find her Francis," Lola said. Just then, the door opened and Mary walked in. I went up to hug her and saw that she's crying. "What's wrong?" I ask. "No! Stop! Please, stop!" she screams. I looked at her and her eyes were closed. "She's sleepwalking. We have to be quiet or something could happen." I pick her up in my arms and walk towards the bed when a servant came in.

 "We're bringing all the Protestants now, my King," he said, waking Mary and she fainted. "Get Nostradamus, now!" mother yells. I lay Mary on the bed and start stroking her hair. I hold her hand with my free hand and see the bruises on her wrist and neck. Right then and there, I start crying like a little kid. "Oh, Francis! It's okay. Mary's alive and that's what matters." mother told me. I nodded. Nostradamus comes in, "You called for me, my King?" he asked.

"Yes, Mary was sleepwalking and a servant came bursting in and woke her up and she fainted,"I say to him. He comes up to Mary when he put his hand to her forehead to see if she has a fever, she started screaming in her sleep and moving. 

"Stop! Please, stop! It hurts!" She screams. "She has a very bad fever," he says, I just nod. He lifts up her nightgown and we all see blood. "What's happening to her?" I scream. "I need to take her to the infirmary," he says. He wraps her up in the blanket and picks her up.

 We follow Nostradamus, who's running Mary to the infirmary.