Chapter 2: Miscarriage, Rape and Guilt

Francis POV 

He told us that we had to wait outside.

  After an hour, he comes out. 

"Is she alive? What happened?" I asked, screaming a little. "She had a miscarriage," he tells me. 

"What!?" I scream. 

He leaves and I turn towards my mother. 

"That sick bastard got her pregnant. I'm gonna kill him." I say. "Francis. Think of Mary. Let's go in and see her. She needs you now more than ever." she says, I nod and we go in.

Nostradamus takes us to a bed, with my Mary laying peacefully in it. No nightmares, which is good. I go and sit in the chair next to her and hold her hand, but when I do, she quickly moves it. 

"When will she wake up?" I ask Nostradamus. "Soon, my King," he tells me.

After, an hour or two, Mary starts stirring in her sleep. She finally wakes up but doesn't remember what happened. "Mary, I love you. You know that right?" I ask her and she nods. "Oh, Francis! I feel like I cheated on you!" she screams.

I knew what she meant. She meant that she had an orgasm, but didn't want one. 

"That wasn't your fault. You couldn't control that. It's the body's natural response." I tell her, she starts crying. I take her and put her face on my chest, she finally is starting to feel safe with me. 

All I want to do love her, take care of her and protect her.

"Ahh! It hurts! It hurts!" she screams, grabbing her thigh. "Here, let me see," I say, she shakes her head no. "Let me see Mary." Nostradamus says. "Can you leave, Francis?" He asks me, I nod and leave the room.

Nostradamus POV

After Francis leaves, I sit on the bed, by Mary. "Let me see, Mary," I say, she shakes her head no. 

"How can I help, without knowing what hurts," I tell her. 

She moves her shaking hands from her thigh and I see cuts, from a knife.

 "What happened?" I ask her, she shakes her head no. "Ok, but I'm gonna need you to undress, so I can see what other injuries you have," I tell her and that's when she just stares off into space. 

Mary POV

Flashback

"You're such a bitch. You deserve to have that shown to you forever." He takes out a knife and writes on my stomach 'bitch' he chokes me and I pass out.

End of Flashback

"I want Catherine," I tell Nostradamus, he nods and walks towards the door.

After a few minutes, Catherine comes in.

 "What's wrong Mary?" she asks me, sitting next to me on the bed. "Nostradamus, w-wants m-me t-to g-get un- undressed, s-so h-he c-can s-see m-my in-in- injuries," I say while crying. 

 "What's wrong with that? He only wants to help you." she tells me. "H-he wr-wr-wrote o-on m-me," I say, still crying. "What did he write, my dear?" she asked, I shake my head no. "Please, let Nostradamus help you." she says to me.

"Could you promise me something, if I let him do it?" I ask, she nods. "Can you stay with me?" I ask, squeezing her hand. 

"Of course, my dear. I'll be right back with Nostradamus, okay?" She asks me, I nod.

 She leaves and comes back a minute later with Nostradamus.

"Okay Mary, are you ready?" he asks, I nod. "You can get undressed for me, while I go get my things ready." He tells me and leaves. Catherine helps me get undressed and Nostradamus comes back. "Can you lay down for me?" He asked, I nodded and laid on the bed. He saw the cut that says 'bitch' on my stomach. "Oh, Mary! My Mary! That's what you meant by he wrote on you." Catherine says, I nod and start to cry. "Mary, now I need to check you down there if that's okay?" He asked me, I nodded. After he was done, he said, "You can get dressed now and rest. 

While, I go talk to Catherine and Francis, okay?" He asked me, I just nodded again.

Francis POV

After thirty minutes, my mother and Nostradamus come out. "I need to talk to you and Queen Catherine, Francis," he says, I nod. "We can talk in my study." I say, they nod and we head there. When we get there, I sit at my desk and my mother stands beside me.  

"I'm not going to sugar coat anything. Mary has cuts on her breasts, stomach, chest, and thighs. 

She also has bruises all over her body and she has severe post-traumatic stress and as you've told me, the sleepwalking and nightmares are when she has flashbacks." he tells us. "Will she ever get better?" I ask. "In time, I think she will. You just have to be patient and cautious." he tells us, I nod. "Can I go see her?" I ask. "Of course." he says.I can't believe they did that to her.

Mary POV

I'm thinking about that night still. It haunts me and tortures me. 

Suddenly, Francis comes in, causing me to jump in fright and I scream. "Mary, it's okay. It's me, Francis. Shh. You're safe and that's what matters." he says, holding me close to him. I sit up straight and face him. "Francis, find the men who did this to me and kill them," I say. "I will Mary. I will." he tells me. "Can we move chambers? It just reminds me of everything that happened." I tell him. "Of course. If it will help you, then we can." he tells me, I nod. "I feel so weak and I was too weak to save myself." I say. "Mary, no. You are strong. You are alive and you survived it." he tells me. "I'll be right back. I have to go talk to Bash and Conde." he says, I nod.

 Francis POV

I leave Mary with my mother. 

I tell a servant to have Bash and Conde to meet me in my office. 

After five minutes, they arrive. "What do you want, Francis?" Bash asks me. "I need you to look for a man called Severin. Mary heard his name when she was huddled up in a doorway, last night during the attack." I say. "Of course, Francis. Just know that my loyalty lies with you." Conde says, before leaving, but Bash stays.

"What happened to Mary?" Bash asks me. "That bastard got her pregnant. Thank God, she lost it." I say, sitting down in my chair. "Francis, do you need anything else?" "Yes. Could you have Mary's ladies come in please?" I asked, he nodded and left the room. After about five minutes, they came in. "What's wrong Francis?" Lola asks. "I need you to find a decorator and have him get me and Mary's new chambers ready? I want to surprise her. I want it decorated with flowers. So could you?" I asked. "Of course Francis. Anything for you and Mary." Kenna says.

They leave and I head back to my Mary. When I arrive, she's asleep with my mother singing a lullaby and stroking her hair. "She looks so peaceful," I say, whispering. "Yes, she does. Francis, I need to tell you something."Of course mother." I say, walking up to her and sitting on the bed next to Mary."Mary asked me if I could be her mother. Would you be okay with that?" she asks me. "Of course. Mary never really had a mother and I would be glad that you would be." I tell her, holding her hand. I look at Mary, who is finally sleeping peacefully. 

For what seems like the first time in forever, even though it just happened last night I leave Mary one last time with my mother, to grab my clothes for tomorrow and Mary's. It's going to be a few weeks, till our new chamber is ready. 

So I'm having they get Mary's old chambers ready for us to use till it's ready.