Chapter 13: The Birth of The Quints!

{6 months later}

Middle of the night

Mary POV

I wake up with a big pain in my stomach.

I carefully shake Francis awake, because of my back I have to be very careful.

"Francis! Francis!" I say as I shake him.

He finally woke up. "What's wrong?" he asks me, as he gets up and lights a candle.

Suddenly, I hear Francis saying, "Mary! You're water broke!" he screamed. He ran out of the room, while I was screaming in pain. He finally came back with Nostradamus. He turned to a servant and said, "get the midwife!" he says, yelling a little. She nods and leaves the room.

"Ahh! It hurts!" I scream. Francis comes up to me and moves my hair out of my face. "It's going to be okay," he tells me. "How is it going to be okay!?" I scream, in pain. Finally, the midwife comes. "I'm here," she says. "Thank god!" I scream. Suddenly, my ladies come bursting in, with Catherine behind them. They all gather around me, while Francis is behind me. He's holding me from behind, as I lay my head and back against his chest.

After ten minutes of getting me ready, the midwife looked up from the sheet and said, "Now Mary, when I say to push you need to push with all you're strength." she says and I nod.

"Now Push!" she says.

Francis takes my hand and I start to push.

"Ahh!" I scream. Catherine quickly takes my other and I squeeze them.

After four hours, my first baby comes out.

"It's a boy!" she says. "Alexei."

She hands him to a nurse and they take him to one of the five small tubs for the Quints. 

"Now push Mary," she says, I push for an hour till another baby comes. 

"It's a girl!" she says. "Ava." She hands Ava to another nurse, 

"Now Mary push," she says. I push for thirty minutes until the baby comes. 

"It's another Girl," she says. "Annalise," I say. She hands her to another nurse.

"Mary push," she says. I push and push until another comes out. 

"It's a girl," she says, as she hands the baby to a nurse. "Anna." 

I'm so exhausted. I can't do it anymore. 

Now, last time Mary," she tells me.

"No, no. I can't. I can't, Francis!" I say, crying. Francis takes my chin and lifts it, so I look directly into his eyes. "Yes, you can Mary," he tells me. "No, I can't!" I scream, sobbing. "Yes, you can," Francis said. I just nod and begin to push again. 

Finally, after five more hours of pushing, I give birth.

"It's a girl!" she says.

"Amelia!" I say, still sobbing. I start gasping for air. 

"Mary, are you alright?" Francis asks me. 

I nod. 

"Can I hold her?" I ask and he nods. 

The midwife comes over with Amelia. 

I hold her in my arms.