Chapter 4: New Chambers, Drowning, and Mary, you are my life and I love you

Mary POV

I wake up, seeing Francis still asleep on the divan. 

I see that my wrists are wrapped and I Have blood seeping through.

I get up and go up to him. 

I gently shake him awake. 

"Mary, is something wrong?" he asks me, worried. "I can't sleep and I want to do it, tonight Francis. We need an heir, for us and our kingdoms." I tell him.

"Then, let's do it tonight. I have a surprise for you, " he told me. "What is it!" I ask, excited. He gets up, "Cover your eyes and don't peek." he told me. I nodded. He wrapped one of his arms around my waist, but I jumped, so he quickly removed it. So instead he took on of my hand and lead me down the corridor, then I hear two doors open. 

"Now, open," he says. When I open them, I see a grand bedroom, with roses everywhere. "I love it, Francis. Thank you." I say. "You don't have to thank me, Mary. You are my life and I love you. Which means, I would do anything for you." he tells me, I just nod. We head back to our temporary chambers, so I could take a bath. 

I call for my ladies to come and help me get dressed. When they do, I pick out my gown. It's one of my favorites. It's pink with a beautiful gold design.

I go into the bathroom, with my ladies and they start a bath. After my bath is drawn, they leave me to get undressed and get in the bath. I take off my robe and gently and carefully step into the bath. After I get in, I hear someone come in. I turn around and the person dumps something into the bath. It's Rachel, one of the maids. 

I start to get tired, she put a silver knife against my neck. "Scream and I will slit your throat right now," she whispers in my ear. She starts to nod off. 

Third Person POV

Rachel has the knife against Mary's neck, while she and Mary start nodding off. 

She suddenly falls to the ground, with the knife in her hand. 

While, Mary goes under the water, starting to drown. 

Someone comes in, a girl. 

She makes a noise and leaves. 

Francis POV

Mary's in the bathroom, taking a bath. 

I'm working at my desk when I hear a noise coming from the bathroom. I remember one of the maids, Rachel goes into the bathroom. But she hasn't come out yet. 

"Guards! Guards!" I scream. When they come in, Mary's ladies come in as well and so does my mother. "I heard a noise come from the bathroom," I say. We all walk to the bathroom when I see Rachel on the floor, but I don't see Mary. "Wait, they could be poisoned." one of the guards say, trying to keep everyone away. 

I go up to the bathtub, not caring about it might being poisoned.  When I see Mary under the water. I quickly grab her and take her in my arms and wrap her in a sheet. "Lock her up, like the animal she is," I say while Rachel is coughing on the floor. The guards take her to the dungeons.

I take Mary and lay her on the bed. Nostradamus comes in and checks her. He puts her on her side and she suddenly starts to cough up water. "Will she be alright?" I ask. "Yes. But she probably will have pneumonia. So, keep an eye on her. Watch for chills, shaking, her skin going purple or blue and puking." he tells me, I nod and go up to her. 

I pick her up in my arms when I see writing on her chest. "What did he do to you?" I whisper, but she's unconscious. I hold her in my arms and cover her up. I start rocking her in my arms, which helps calm her down. 

After twenty minutes, I fell asleep.