Twilight 6

After school, Charlie told me about more monsters, but they are a different type. He used the bonfire as an excuse to get me near them but that doesn't start until 6pm so I got some time.

I was lazing around on my bed when I remember coach hedge said the hunters are near.  I decided to go on a run through the woods and hopefully see them. I don't really want to risk IM them. What if there changing or something and they yell at me!  So I changed out my school gear and started my run.

As I ran at top speed (which is faster than Olympian runners) I pretended the roots were dead bodies I had to avoid and the branches and trees were people with weapons. I didn't realise how effective it would be. After running aimlessly for an hour I had a little surprise. My only thought was ' I guess I found the hunters' this is  really uncomfortable. I'm hanging upside down, in a bear trap. I'll just stay here. I was relieved when I finally heard a group of footsteps and then I opened my eyes to see the upside down figure of Artemis and the hunters.
"Milady, your traps are very effective"
Then she giggles and she starts to taunt me.
"Thank-you" she laughed.
"If you could be so kind as to cut me down, that would be great" I said in a teasing tone.
"It seems I've captured the great Hero of Olympus" She smirked "get your self out"
"Fine." I said. In a swift movement I had uncapped riptide pulled my self up like a V-up and sliced the rope around my ankles. Okay didn't go to plan I managed to knock Artemis's of her feet and and landed on top of her. I quickly noticed what was happening and saved myself in a push  up position with a hand on either diadem of her shoulders.
Our noses were inches a way but the weird thing was she didn't push me away. We just stayed like that for gods know how long. Her silvery eyes reminded me of the moon that always calmed me, the same way the water did. Neither of us moved. Well not until someone cleared their throat. "Um Milady?"   My mind cleared itself of the foggy haze she always seemed to put me in and I quickly got up, undoubtably blushing. I offered her my hand to help her up but she jumped to her feet. I noticed a slight blush leaving her cheeks. For the first time since I fell, I looked around at the hunters. Most of them had pulled their bows on me looking down right murderous and Thalia looked angry. "Stand down hunters, Percy didn't mean to" she blushed again and looked at her feet hiding her face. "Milady, I believe that is the first time you have called me percy"
"Don't call me Milady, it sounds old"
"Perseus sounds old"
"Touché. Hunters go back to the campsite, I have a message for Perseus"
Her hunters took one last glance my way and then left but not without shooting me a glare.
"Milady, What is the message?"
"Zeus wants you to reveal your self to the monsters, they seem peaceful. They could be ally's. He said check out these other monsters in the area and if they also seem peaceful you can reveal yourself to them also" I nodded.
"Lady Artemis?" I asked and she looked up at me.
"I'm sorry for what just happened."
She put up her hand to stop me
"Don't worry about it."  She replied.

"Milady? Can I talk to Percy please?" The voice of my cousin rang out. Artemis nodded her head and left to find the rest of her hunters. Was it weird I missed her berry sent instantly?
"What's up thalia?"
"What's up! I have been worried sick about you! Everyone at camp has! Annabeth has been going insane!" She yelled at me. I was taken back. Really they actually cared. No they properly just feel guilty.
"They drove me away! I have a new purpose and I intend to do it"
"I'm sorry kelp head. I was just scared for you. Don't worry, I won't tell them where you are if you don't want to, Just let them know your safe." I didn't reply I just eloped my cousin into a tight hug that she returned.
"What are you doing in Washington?" She asked me. Am I meant to reveal my missions? Oh well it's Thalia.
"I have to observe the monsters here. They seem peaceful so now I have to make them our allies" I explained. She nodded her head.
"It's nearly time for me to go to this Bonfire thing and meet some more monsters. Can I talk to lady Artemis?"
"She's I'm her tent. Knock before you enter."
I need to know 'do I have feelings for lady Artemis?' I really hope I don't. She's amazing, beautiful and fearless but she can't love me back and I don't think I can suffer that again.
I was thinking all this as I made my way there. I knocked carefully on the tent "lady Artemis?"
"Percy is that you?" She asked. It sounded like she's been crying.
"Yes Milady. Are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine." She didn't sound fine. I don't care she can turn me into a antelope. She needs someone right now. I entered her tent.
"Perseus -" I cut her of in a hug. At first she was tense. But then she started to cry into my chest. I started stroking her hair gently without realising and I was whispering words into her ear. "It's okay, I'm here." I would whisper. Then she looked up at me with watery eyes. We stayed in that embrace. She was so warm I didn't want to let go and then she suddenly pulled away.
"It's almost 6 o'clock. Percy go complete your quest" i didn't want to leave her like this but she was right.
"Artemis, if you want to talk about something, the monsters will still be there tomorrow" I said rubbing her arm comfortingly.
She looked me right in the eye "Percy, go, I'll tell you next time, I'm fine now honestly" I still didn't want to leave her. I don't know why I felt so protective of her. I made a goodbye gesture and then ran out the campsite back to Charlie's place.