Hogwarts 8

That night, I woke up in a cold sweat. I remembered Tartarus. I remembered all those curses put on me by my enemies. I remembered drinking from the fire river. I even remembered what it felt like to control the goddess of misery's own poison and almost kill her    
I needed to clear my head. I looked at my watch and saw it was about 2am. It was too late to go back to sleep now. I got out of my 4 poster bed and changed into a running outfit. Does the students out of bed rule apply to me? As I'm a student teacher and stuff? Oh well. I could have teleported but I needed to clear my head, so I walked down to the lake. I hid in the shadows making me impossible to see. My steps were silent and fast. When I was out of the castle walls, I walked faster. I started to think about everything and anything. I needed to get my thoughts away from there.

I found myself at the lake. The water looked like black glass. It was so still. The moon shone down on the surface, making everything glow dimly. I needed a distraction. I started thinking about my quest. I had such a long to-do list.
• talk to the ghosts
• teach lessons
• train
• make a battle plan
• protect the students
• win the war
I would have kept on listing things but when I looked up at the moon, I heard a voice in my head.

"Percy are you awake?" At first I thought it was a fish, but by the time the voice finished her sentence I knew exactly who it was.
"Yes Lady Artemis. Are you alright?" I asked her worried. Why was she reaching out to me? Was she hurt? Gods don't let her on thalia be hurt.
"Yes, I'm fine. I felt you admiring the moon and I couldn't sleep. Did you need help with your lessons or anything?" Her voice was gentle and calm.
"Uh yeah that'll be great. Lessons start tomorrow and I have to teach DADA I have no clue what I'm supposed to do." She was quiet for a moment and then she finally spoke again.
"Well Who are you teaching first?"
"My year I think"
"Well then there magic should be good. Why don't you start of easy. With my new hunters with no experience I teach them how to dodge arrows before I even give them a bow. You could do something like that" she suggested. It was a good idea.
"Thank you Milady. Teaching 8 years of students will be a lot aswell as my own classes. Hey! Why don't you and your hunters visit later in the year? I'm sure not everyone's weapons of choice will be swords, knifes or spears. Someone will have to teach archery. Will you do me the honour of being my assistant?" I asked hopeful.
"Maybe. I don't know what I'll be aloud to do without the ancient laws getting in my way. I'll try. Percy, I must go now the hunters are starting to wake up." I was sad to see her go but I knew of her responsibilities.
"Thankyou Milady. Have a nice day and be safe" I added. I felt her mentally nod and then I felt her connection leave.

I stayed sitting their a little longer watching the moon disappear from sight only to be replaced by the sun.
I quickly made my way back to the west tower. No one knew that was where I was staying. I didn't want anyone to see  me going up and thinking it was okay for them to do so to.
I showered and quickly changed into a white v-neck top and black jeans. I hid riptide and my wand in my pocket. My hair was still wet from the shower. If I'm honest, I hate drying my hair. I want to keep contact with water as much as I can, so if that means having wet hair for a little bit longer that's fine by me.
I ran down the moving staircases, already being late for breakfast. I pushed the strangely light doors open and made my way down the middle of the room. Someone girls faces turned pink and they sent smiles in my direction. I returned them to be polite but why are they acting like that? It's weird. I sat silently in my chair and pulled a stack on pancakes towards me.

After the war with Gaea I turned into a vegetarian. I was always against eating fish but I think it was Frank that put me off animal meet. He reminded me that animals have thoughts and feelings and it wasn't fair for them to be bred only to be slaughtered. I guess not eating was me silently rebelling against it.

Eventually, I got my time table. I was surprised to see I could read it. Then I realised it was Greek.
Potions
Care of magical creatures
DADA (teach the 8s)
Transfiguration
Divination
Ancient runes.

Okay this should be okay? I turned to talk someone realising I was on a table of adults. The man next to me was slightly bear bellied with a bald patch with 3 stray hairs brushing over it. He wore a pink dress shirt under his robes.
"Professor?" I asked. He turned to me suprised.
"Do you know where the potions room is?" I asked him perfectly polite. I knows I'm not the most respectful to the gods. To begin with that was because I was angry with what was happening to the people me but now it's more like playful banter.
"Yes mr jackson. I'll be your teacher. I'll walk you there." He said. I smiled in thanks and we both turned back to our foods.
Dumbledore made a few announcements and reminding them again not to anger me. Was I that bad? Apparently yes. When we were excused, the Professor next to me led me towards the dungeons.