Twilight 7

I quickly changed into black jeans and a dark blue jumper and followed Charlie out the front. He went to go into his cruiser but I shook my head.
"No Charlie, we're arriving in style" I stated and he just smirked.

After the 15 minute drive to La Push beach, I could see a large fire up on the cliffs.
When we got there, I saw teenage boys running round topless. Okay? They all had matching tattoos on the right bicep. I'm guessing these monsters were part of a legion - or maybe a tribe.
Because I had made Charlie late, they were already telling stories. Stories about spirits and wolves. Then it dawned on me. They were shape shifters. More specifically, they took the shape of wolves.
I had to act casual. They also seemed peaceful. Then two of them spoke to me.
"Hey. What's your story?" The one called Sam asked.
"Um. My parents died and I'm staying with Charlie for a bit. Hey what do you do for fun round here?" I asked trying to change the subject.
"We either cliff dive or we race." The other one, Jacob I think said.
"Cool I'm in. What do you wanna do? Dive or run?" They looked at me like I was insane. It was winter, the water was properly freezing (well not for a son of Poseidon) and they were supernatural - properly with excellerated speed.
"Race" they answered then they called out.
"HEY GUYS, NEW GUY WANTS A RACE." That got their attention. They started making bets and slapping each other's shoulders. No one had placed a bet on me. Ha. I sent Charlie a wink when he went to make a bet. He changed his mind a bet on me. Then billy black - the one telling the stories - said "Okay, run full on! On my mark." We all got into position on top of the cliff. "First one to the bottom! 3 2 1 GO!" At that we all shot off. Jacob taking the lead. That was about to change. Running from monsters most of your life does wonders to your speed. All my blessings help aswell. I started running the speed I was running on my jog earlier. Jog was the key word, if I ran full on then I would give my self away. I over took Jacob and was in the lead by atleast 10 meters. Then when we got into the trees, I ran dodging roots and branches and finished on the beach bellow the cliffs. I waited another 30 seconds and then the rest finished. They all at me in awe. I'm guessing no 'mortal' has ever beaten them. We made our way back up the cliff while they were asking me questions. "I've been good at running my whole life" then they asked more and more but were interrupted but Emily, Sam's  fiancé, spoke "its bout time someone put these boys in there place" then all the grown men started handing Charlie the money he won from the bets. When I was getting asked more difficult questions then Charlie helped me out.
"Hey percy! Why don't you tell them the Greek stories you grew up with?" At first I was like 'what is he doing' then I realised that he was helping me reveal myself like I was meant to.  So everyone huddled round the fire again and I swear I saw Hestia flash up then disappear. I started my story.

"I grew up with stories about DemiGods. They were the offspring of a god and a human. These demi gods grew up to be heroes. You've properly heard of Hercules or Theseus. They were demi gods. There was one demi god - I've forgotten his name now - but from the age of 12 all the way up to when he died he went on a quest for the  gods every year. He fought wars for them and he became their personal hero" I stopped to take a breath.
" what did he do exactly?" Quil asked.

"In his first quest, he retrieved Zeus' stolen lightning bolt and Hades helm of darkness and won in a battle to the death against Ares, god of war, with only a weeks training"

They couldn't believe it but they asked me to carry on.

"His next quest was to retrieve the Golden Fleece." And they looked at me in awe of this 'fictional' character. I'm guessing they heard the original story about the Golden Fleece.

"Then he fought against a titan, rescued his best friend and held the sky for Lady Artemis, goddess of the moon"
They looked confused of the thought of holding the sky. Then I continued "the sky is the weight of the world all on your shoulders. It was said the hero got a grey streak of hair because of it" I said hiding my grey hair.

"Then he went into the labyrinth the Minotaur was originally kept in and fought against Kronos' forces and slowed down the impending war."

"When he was 16, he for completed the first great prophecy. On his birthday, there was a massive battle. It was called the battle of Manhattan. Kronos, Titan lord of time, had frozen everyone in the city and was slowly making his way to Olympus when this demigod lead an army of 40 demigods to defend against 100,000 monsters. Many died but they won. In the end he defeated Kronos."

They all looked at me in awe. "Did he do more? When did he die?" One of The elders asked completely transfixed on my story.

"Yes, not 2 months later he was kidnapped and he woke up with amnesia. Only remembering that he was a son of Poseidon. He finally found his way to a camp of demigods. These demi gods were not Greek like he was, they were Roman. Romans and Greeks always had wars when they met so he had to pretend. He went on a quest and freed Thanatos, death himself"
I paused to take a breath. They thought my story was done.
"At the end of the Titan war, there was a second great prophecy. 7 demigods were meant to defeat Gaia, primordial of the earth. He was one of them.
He and 6 others, ventured into Greece to battle giants. On the way he fell into Tartarus. Which is basically the deepest, the worst place in the underworld you could possibly go to. But he came out sane. Then he single handedly put Gaia back to sleep"

"What happened next?" I think Leigh questioned.

"Many people thought that was his last quest and that he ran away from camp and died. What actually happened was that he ran to gods and they gave him a new purpose. They send him on different quests and work for them loyally." I finished. Then they started firing questions.

"When did this all happen? You mentioned Manhattan? Why there if this was Ancient Greek?" Someone asked

"If wasn't Ancient Greek it was the 21st century"

"What is the hero doing now?" Someone else asked

"He is meant to be on a quest... in Washington... observing monsters.... gaining allies for Olympus."

Then someone pieced together the puzzle "What was the Heroes name?"

"Percy Jackson" I answered simply. As soon as the words left my lips Paul transformed and launched himself at me. I didn't want to hurt him so I didn't pull out riptide. I just played defence.

He tried to swing but I dodged. We were fighting but I was calling out to them "I came here for allies! I'm peaceful. I don't want to hurt you! Call him off" I demanded dodging another attack.

"PAUL!" Sam called. I guess he was the alpha. Weird. I felt the presence of a alpha in Jacob.  He instantly stopped.

"Your a demigod?" He asked "you actually did all that?" I nodded. Then he challenged me. "Prove it!" Okay someone could get hurt. How could I prove it without violence.  Then I looked to the moon.