Hogwarts 25

Artemis' PoV

That was nice of Percy. It's one of the reasons I like him so much, he is so loyal, even to the traitor. Nathan is Percy's brother and even though he doesn't deserve it at all, he has his loyalty.

"What are you thinking about?" Percy's angelic voice whispered in my ear. I looked at the moons silver reflection on the glassy lake as I
responded.

"How did you do it?" I asked, honestly lost for a reason as to why he wouldn't sentence the ignorant boy to death.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I leaned back further into his chest and he wrapped his arms around me.

"How did you let him go? He took Annabeth away from you, he even took camp away from you yet, you let him off easy. How are you still such a nice guy after everything you've been through?" He moved his head to rest his cheek next to mine and I saw from the corner of my eye his calm, thoughtful expression.

"Umm. I'm not really sure how to answer" he said pausing to try and get his wording right. Seaweed brain.

"Yes Nathan took Annabeth away and at the time I thought that was the worst thing, but it only made me realise that I didn't love her as much as I thought i did. I had a hole in my heart that I needed filling after I found out that I had a crush on you and as my best friend she tried to fill it. But he made me realise that my love for annabeth was brotherly and protective" he said chuckling slightly at the end. I remembered how he told me he liked me but thought we couldn't never be together and used Annabeth as a distraction until he started to love her for real.

"I don't really know what to say for the fact Nathan made me run from camp. I guess I needed the space. I love everyone at camp, I have fought 2 wars with them and I would've honestly laid down my life for any camper."

"And now?" I asked cutting in. I knew he was smiling by the way his jaw moved on my shoulder and I could feel the corner of his lips on the side of my face. "Well now, I have something to come home to" that made me smile. Gods I don't think I just like percy, I think I'm actually falling in love with him.

"You questioned about being a nice guy? That one has a lot of different answers" he said stopping to think again. I kinda got a bit impatient.

"Tell me" I encouraged.

"Well, I guess one factor is my Mum. She spent over 17 years raising me and I know she would slap me on the wrist if she saw me turn bitter. Mum was always there for me before I knew I was a demigod. She would help me struggle through homework and she even married Smelly Gabe for me. Then during the school year, when I'm not a camp, she would always check if I was okay. I guess she was my rock and I want to make her proud." I stayed silent and just listened.

I remember Sally Jackson, even though she was mortal, she would have made an amazing huntress. She was brave and outgoing and was an amazing person. No wonder percy had perfect respect and manners. Well that is until you tick him off *cough* Zeus *Cough*

"Another reason is probably you. Do you remember I told you how Mum told me stories about the man-hating goddess and I wanted to be the one that you respected?" He asked looking over at me. He watched me nod then turned back to the water.

"Well, you gave me that title after my third quest and I don't intend to loose it anytime soon" he said with a smirk on his lips.
He took a deep huffing breath.

"There are other reasons like not wanting to make other demigod lives harder but those two are the main ones" he concluded.

"Uh? Milady?" Came my Lieutenant's voice behind me. Why does she pop up when percy and I are having a fluffy moment? I look to her and nod allowing her to continue.