Hogwarts 31

Artemis tucked the necklace into her shirt collar, scared someone would take it if they ever saw it. The ring held a promise that he will come back. He has found his memories before, he can do it again.

Ready to act as if nothing had happened between her and Percy, she flashed back to the magic school to pick up her hunters and help with the damage.

When she arrived, she saw wizards levitating the gold dust into the lake while demigods were hacking at the fallen ice.

"Why not just let the ice melt?" She asked one of the female campers. The girl looked intimidated by artemis' presence but answered none the less.

"It can't melt. Leo fired on it and everything. Only percy or Poseidon can take it down, but cabin 9 thinks it could make some pretty sick weapons so we're going to salvage it."

Artemis only nodded. The mention of his name felt like a jagged dagger twisting in her heart. She carried on walking, rounding up her hunters acting as if the name didn't have any effect.

Thalia was with all the other hunters sitting in a group waiting for orders.

"Milady" Thalia bowed before looking at the group of girls behind her. "We Know you don't like him that much, but we were wondering if you know whether percy is okay or not. I mean he saved me and I can't have my cousin's death on my hands. We're all worried about him." Her eyes were begging and each Hunter was leaning forward anticipating the news. Even Chloe pushed her way to the front to hear clearly.

"I'm sorry what?" Artemis asked confused. When had percy saved Thalia and how did it cause his fall? She knew the gods had made everyone forget the kissing scene and made Thalia forget all the moments she walked in on but honestly what was she talking about?

"Percy was talking to me when he heard Thalia scream and then he ran back into the battle"

"I was pinned down by Lucius and a couple cyclops. And he saved me before using all his power to end the battle" Thalia explained with gratitude shining in her eyes. She shifted her weight from one foot to the other and raised a brow "you were there Lady Artemis. Don't you remember?"

So Percy was credited for saving his cousin. Not a goddess. Although she hated it, Artemis stuck to the lie.

"Apollo managed to save him but he isn't awake." Artemis explained curtly looking around the battlefield avoiding eye contact.
Over the years, Artemis had learned that a lie is more believable if it is half true. Apollo did save percy and he isn't awake right now. She just missed out some parts.

"Thank gods. I'd never be able to forgive my self if that kelphead died." Artemis even hated that Thalia blames herself. "No one tell him that" she added as an after thought, glaring at the other hunters.

Thalia loves her cousins. They're the only family she had left besides the hunters. She was probably closest to percy, closer than she was to Jason. But she'll never show it.

"Help with the tidy up. We will probably go to camp after." Usually going to camp caused a harmonic groan across the group but after a battle, especially a big one, everyone likes to group together.

>>>>>>•<<<<<<

When Percy woke up, he had a weird sense of déjà vu. He felt like something wasn't quite right, like he had forgotten something really important. For the second time in his life, his memories had been wiped. Atleast some of them.

He sat up slowly realising he was in his house on Olympus. Alone.

Physically he was fine, not a signal scratch, not that anything had actually touched him during the battle.