Chapter Eight: Bad Karma

Zelda stormed over in Marth's direction. After talking to the jerk of a prince, Ganondorf, Zelda had to steam off. Ganondorf? Zelda thought, Ha! More like Ganondork...

"How are you doing, Zelda?" Marth greeted the Crown Princess.

Zelda sighed, "I'm doing better, Marth. Thank you for asking."

Marth smiled, "No problem."

Link stayed quiet and let his eyes wander anywhere around the room except for the woman that stood before him. Zelda smiled at him and turned her attention back to Marth.

"I don't think you formally introduced me to Link," Zelda noted. "You told me his name at breakfast a few days ago and I ran into him today in the hall, but I don't think I've been properly intoduced?"

Marth's eyes widened, "You ran into Link in the hall?!"

Zelda nodded, "Yes. He was very polite about it, might I add."

Marth looked back to Link for confirmation. The former rancher nodded, "I introduced myself to her today when we ran into to each other."

"You didn't actually run into Zelda, right?" Marth stressed.

Zelda laughed and shook her head, "Not at all! I was the one who run into him!"

Marth closed his eyes and let out a sigh of relief. "Holy cow. That was terrifying..."

Link and Zelda laughed at Marth's hyperventilation. The Altean Prince looked at his two friends and smiled. "Hey, it's not funny. Now days people sue if someone runs into you."

"I don't have the money to sue," Link chuckled. "I don't think I would sue a person though, especially if they were the crown princess."

Zelda burst into laughter until her stomach ached. Link couldn't help but laugh with her. Marth looked from Link to Zelda and smiled. They seem to be getting along just fine, Marth thought to himself.

"Hey Zelda," Marth started. "I think Link would like to join you in a dance."

"I-I do?" Link stuttered.

Marth smiled and pushed Link toward Zelda. "Of course you do! Zelda want to dance?"

Zelda blushed and laughed. "How could I possibly refuse?"

Link smiled nervously as he took Zelda's hand and he joined her on the dance floor. Ike walked up to Marth as he happily watched Link attempt to dance with his old friend.

"Looks like you got Zelda to dance with him," Ike said, sounding impressed.

Marth nodded. "I think they're getting along just fine. Look at the smile on Zelda's face! I haven't seen her smile like that for a long time..."

"You seem very confident in Link," Ike noted.

"I don't see why not," Samus said through a mouth full of cupcake froating as she walked up to Ike's side. "Link and Zelda look perfect for each other!"

Marth chuckled. "I couldn't agree more myself."

***

"I'm sorry, Your Grace," Link apologized, "I don't think I've ever danced before."

Zelda smiled. "Well then, I'll just have to teach you."

"Okay," Link smiled back. "Thank you. I'm kind of a work in progress."

"That's alright," Zelda laughed. "I can work with that. The first step to waltzing: put your hand on my waist and I put my hand on your shoulder. Let me see your hand--thank you. Now since you're new to all of this I'll lead."

Link looked down at Zelda's feet for most of the dance. The fear of stepping on the Princess' royal toes over took him. Zelda noticed that the former rancher looked down at his feet and smiled to herself. She found it funny, almost adorable, that this man was overly concerned with the well being of her feet. Or maybe he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of everyone. Either way, Zelda found it very sweet.

An overwhelming feeling of warmth filled Zelda's body. She felt herself starting to blush. Zelda's eyes widened in alarm. What is this?! Zelda thought furiously. Please no. No, no, no. I refuse to let this happen. I will not get a crush. There's a reason it's called a "crush." This is not good...not good at all.

***

Palutena playfully elbowed Zelda. "...So??"

Zelda snapped out of her trance. "So what? What do you mean?"

Palutena rolled her emerald green eyes and smirked. She had watched every moment of Zelda's waltz with that friend of Marth's. Halfway through the dance, Palutena saw Zelda's cheeks turn a deadly shade of pink.

"You know what I mean," Palutena laughed.

"No, I don't know."

"Are you sure, Zelda?"

"Yes, I'm sure I'm not sure!"

"Are you sure?"

Zelda was starting to get annoyed. "Alright, Palutena! Stop stalling, what do you mean?!"

Palutena laughed. "Okay, okay, I just wanted to tease you! I saw you dance with Marth's friend a few moments ago. What is his name again? Pink? No, that's not it. Who name their kids Pink?!"

"His name is Link," Zelda replied.

"Did I just see you blush?!"

"N-no!"

"Oh this is great!" Palutena squealed. "Zelda, your getting a crush! I can't believe it!!"

Zelda blushed furiously. "Keep it down, Palutena!"

Palutena took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. All I'm trying to tell you is that you should give Link a chance. It looks like he has a crush on you too."

Zelda shook her head. "If I do give him a chance I'll end up getting hurt, Palutena. I've had enough pain for a while, I would like a break."

Palutena sighed. "Zelda, I'm a little worried about you. When a guy tries to say 'you look nice' you end up sending him to the ER."

Zelda smiled. "Groose had it coming to him. He was annoying me and I saw how he treated other people."

"I have to admit that was really funny," Palutena smiled. "But that doesn't mean that was right. Just...try to give Link a chance. You know he's not a jerk like Groose is."

The Princess sighed in defeat. "I'll give him a chance."

Palutena smiled triumphantly. "I knew you'd give in."

"Is this revenge for teasing you earlier about you and Pit?"

"Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!!"

"I hate Karma."

"Hah!"

Author's Note

Palutena alights? More like Palutena ships! Nah, I'm just kidding😂! That was horrible try at a pun😆.