e i g h t

lisa nodded her head to the beat of her music as she looked up at the clock to check the time.

it's been two hours and the rain is still pouring.

she slammed her textbook shut and rested her head on it, staring at each possible rain drop that hung from the clouds.

and she started to think.

about jennie kim.

why hadn't she come to find me? is she okay right now?

lisa tried to shake her head off all these thoughts. ever since she opened her textbook 2 hours ago, none of the information really went into her brains,

because all she could worry about right now was how much she wanted to give the girl a huge hug and comfort her.

lisa found herself making her way out of the classroom, and towards where she last saw jennie. it wouldn't help much if she sat there and worried the whole day.

the corridor slowly came into sight as lisa scanned her eyes around the vicinity.

and then her gaze landed on jennie, curled up into a ball on the floor, unconscious.

lisa's eyes widened in shock as she ran over to the brunette, a continuous string of "no"s falling out of her mouth. she crouched down next to the girl and shook her shoulder lightly.

"jennie? jennie wake up please." lisa could hear her voice shake as she spoke, and she wondered why.

but all her thoughts left her head along with a huge sigh of relieve when she saw jennie open her eyes, rubbing them as she sat up.

jennie, however, felt even worse when she woke up upon noticing that the rain was still as heavy as before.

there it goes again.

the shivering of her hands and the furious pumping of her heart in her ribs.

without giving much thought, she grabbed lisa's hand.

"stay with me, please."