t w e n t y t h r e e

[ lisa's pov ]

jennie and i sighed contently as we gave our filled stomachs a light pat while we wiped our lips clean. we had just finished our lunch.

i glanced at jennie, who had her unsettled gaze shifting from left to right as she bit her bottom lip nervously.

"jen what's wrong?"

"my parents are overseas and i don't want to sleep alone tonight, please stay over at my house." jennie spoke, her voice barely above a whisper as she pouted.

fuck that goddamn pout, i could never say no to her whenever she does that. what happened to the cold bitch jennie at the start of the year? this girl right before my eyes is practically a soft fluffy cupcake.

i flashed her a warm smile and nodded, before getting up from my chair and tugging at her arm to lead her out of the shop.

jennie clung to my arm as we walked towards her house. we were silent, enjoying the slight breeze against our cheeks and the merry chirping of birds on the trees around us.

"okay i was lying, my parents aren't even overseas." jennie broke the silence and paused, before speaking up again.

"i thought i shouldn't lie to you so..." she gulped and looked away.

"then where did they go?"

"heaven, when i was nine."

i pursed my lips, not knowing what to say. instead, i took jennie's small hands in mine and gave them a light squeeze, mumbling several "sorry"s.

"it's ok lis, i got over it throughout the years i lived alone, heck i even took care of myself well." she chuckled, "look at my fine ass body."

jennie spun around quickly as she laughed. ohmygod this ball of sunshine i love you so much.

we stopped walking at the same time and turned to face each other. jennie looked up, connecting our gazes together, and at that moment i could feel the overwhelming surge of emotions course through my entire body. it was love, and fear at the same time.

because my feelings for her were so big, i wasn't sure if she'll ever feel the same way for me. it scared me everytime i realised how much love i had for her.

jennie broke the eye contact and tugged on my arm, pulling me closer into a soft, warm embrace. i relaxed my head into her slow and steady heartbeat, smiling in the comfort.

"i'll always be here for you, lalisa manoban." i felt her pat my back.

i wrapped my arms around her waist and pressed my body against hers,

"i'll always be here for you too."

i grabbed her hand in mine and intertwined our fingers, tugging her towards her house.

,,,

[ third person pov ]

the two girls sat on the same bed where they shared their first kiss, feeling slightly awkward but nonetheless satisfied with each other's presence.

lisa smiled to herself as she listened to jennie singing along to her favourite songs in her favourite movie, tangled. lisa had suggested this movie from what she remembered in jennie's conversation with jisoo.

whipped.

nearing the end of the movie, jennie pulled lisa closer and buried her face in the crook of lisa's neck.

she took a whiff of lisa's scent. lisa smelt like lavender and something else she couldn't quite make out, but she was certain that she loved this scent.

lisa had to tell herself constantly that they were just cuddling as best friends and nothing more, but oh, how she wished she could just claim jennie as her girl right here in this moment.

lisa wondered what she ever did in her past life to deserve this moment right now, she was contented with every moment they had even if it meant that she could never have the girl for herself.

the two girls lay in the comfort of the fluffy pillows, enjoying every second of each other's company in a comfortable silence.

"why were you so cold to me at the start of the year?" lisa broke the silence, letting go of jennie in her arms.

"ah i'm sorry for that," jennie giggled. "it's because i didn't want to show how weak i actually was. i made a promise to myself that i would be strong this year hehe."

"i don't see you as a weak person though."

"you'll find out soon."

,,,

pit. pat.

the sound of raindrops being blown against the window gradually became louder as the howling of the wind intensified.

"damn why is it raining so much nowadays?" lisa groaned, because rainy days meant gloomy skies, and lisa hated the dark clouds which covered every inch of sunlight.

however, she didn't notice how the poor girl beside her was shivering and slowly burying herself deeper into her blanket, until she felt a clammy hand on her shoulder.

"lisa, can you hug me? please." lisa once again saw the desperation in jennie's eyes as she pleaded, just like the first day they met, and she did not hesitate to wrap her arms around the shorter girl's slender waist and pull her closer to her chest.

it wasn't the first time she saw jennie in this state when it rained, yet she had no idea why it happens.

a deep roar of thunder bellowed through the room. lisa felt jennie's entire being stiffen and shiver even worse than before in her arms.

"hey shhh shh it's ok jen i'm here with you." lisa rubbed jennie's arms until she made sure that they were no longer shaking.

"thank you, it's better now." jennie turned her body to face lisa and flashed her a smile which lisa adored so much.

"jen? do you mind telling me why this happens everytime it rains?"

silence engulfed the room.

jennie took lisa's fingers and played around with them for a good three minutes.

"well, it's ok if you don't want to say it. i won't force-"

"thunders." jennie's shaking voice cut lisa off.

"my parents died on a stormy night and i hate loud noises." jennie spoke in one breath, so fast that lisa had to stop to process the words.

jennie hung her head low, causing lisa to give her a tight hug.

"you don't have to worry now that i'm here. i'll protect you." lisa mumbled against jennie's silky hair.

deep into the night, the girls stayed in this position even in their slumber, their unknown feelings for each other growing even bigger as each second ticked away.