t w e n t y f i v e

days have passed, and things have changed since then.

well, changed in both good and bad ways.

good news was, chaeyoung and jisoo had finally found their places in each other's heart, and were more than in love with one another.

frequent kisses, tight hugs, unnecessary fixing of each other's hair.

anyone would be envious of their relationship, especially lisa.

the girl, deep in despair and having completely fallen out of love, would just gloomily stare at the couple in front of her eyes.

"chaeyoung and jisoo better get their lovey-dovey asses out of my face before i slap the shit out of them, insensitive fucks." she would mumble under her breath.

to tell the truth, lisa knew she didn't really have the right to behave like this. it wasn't as if she told anyone about how much she loved jennie.

and she knew damn well that jisoo and jennie had never been dating in the first place, but she'd distanced herself too much from her crush that she thought it would be too late to fix the friendship.

meanwhile, jennie had completely no idea why her best friend changed so much in just a day. she missed lisa, very much, but the girl had been avoiding her for weeks.

jennie was sick of this, sick of respecting the space lisa had created between them without knowing the reason why, sick of not having her best friend around her, and sick of having to watch chaesoo all the time and keeping the pain to herself.

and what does jennie do when nothing is going right?

she finds a solution of course.

jennie has had enough of everything, and she was going to confront lisa about it.

,,,

[ jennie's pov ]

my eyes followed lisa as she brushed past me in class, the same old frown never leaving her face.

what exactly did i do to make you ignore me for three whole weeks ms. fucking manoban.

i miss her, everything about her, especially her hugs and that welcoming scent. nothing feels alright when she's acting like this.

i couldn't take it anymore, this hurts too much. swiftly, i walked up to her and grabbed her wrists, dragging her out of the classroom and into a corner of the corridor where we were out of everyone's sight.

"lisa."

she looked away, avoiding my burning gaze on her.

i sighed, "why are you avoiding me? please tell me what i did wrong."

"nothing." she mumbled, her eyes wavered before she landed her gaze on the floor, refusing to look up.

i cupped her cheeks in my palms and tilted her head up, staring straight into the windows of her soul. i missed this, those beautiful dark eyes, her soft cheeks, her voice.

"i know you well enough, something is obviously wrong."

"i said it was nothing." she clicked her tongue, her voice slightly louder now.

i folded my arms and raised my eyebrows.

she really thought she would fool me with that blunt lie huh.

"tell me."

"shut up i already told you, nothing is wrong, i'm fine." she raised her voice, turning her body away from me.

soon enough, soft whimpers escaped from her. i watched her back view as her shoulders moved along with her ragged breath.

"lisa."

all i could hear were tiny sobs.

"lisa, look at me."

she shook her head vigorously, before slumping her limp body onto the ground and breaking out into huge sobs.

i grabbed her shoulders and turned her around, pulling her into the tightest hug i could  ever give. instinctively, my hands ran up and down her back.

lisa wrapped her arms around my neck, and whispered a barely audible apology.

"why did you do that? avoiding me for so long, did you really think it would give both of us happiness?" i slapped her shoulder, tears starting to stream down my cheeks.

lisa stayed silent, and completely still in my arms.

,,,

"because i love you."

;

[ a/n: this book is coming to an end :') cheers for jenlisa wootwoot ]