02 the friend

warning: the following contains violence and other mature contents. If you don't like blood in your stories, then this is not for you.

------

No one knows of my secret. For months, I lived peacefully with my heart close to me.

Among the innocent, I roamed as if I was one of them. But I knew that there would be someone who would know one day.

"Here you go Wayo~"

A male beauty smiled at me in a coffee shop, giving me my order of frappucino-to-go.

Our hands accidentally touched and I smiled back. I wish I had the power to warn him of the horror that I bring, but even if I do, no one would believe. With a face that reminds people of an innocent, I would always be one in their eyes.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked me one time as he pass me my drink.

I laughed and nodded my head. "He's at home right now. I put him in a jar."

He thought I was joking and laughed. "You're funny."

I could only smile in reply as I sip my drink. He settled for being friends and before we knew it, he had become part of my life.

It was easy to pretend that you're just like everyone else. My face mostly did the work. Even if I did tell him the truth, he would always think that it was just a joke.

But the life of fake innocence came to an end when I invited him to my home. He was excited when he received my invitation. He wanted to see my boyfriend.

Because of our friendship, I let him in to my house. I locked the door just in case he runs. I had a strong feeling he will.

My friend waited in the living room and gave him a drink before I went to my room to get my love. I smiled, feeling the excitement coursing through my veins. He would be the first one to see him. It was a special moment.

"This is my boyfriend." I said to him, putting down the jar on the coffee table.

His eyes bulged and put his legs on the sofa, putting much distance between him and my love. He looked at me and back at my beloved and screamed. It was a good thing my apartment was soundproofed. My friend scrambled to get to the door but his body failed him for some reason.

I looked at the mug on the table with its contents half consumed. I feel a bit sorry to my friend but he now looked at me like I was some kind of monster.
I am no monster. I only loved and became like this.

His body transformed into a grostesque version of a doll. Limbs scattered on the floor and blood everywhere. It was a poor job as I used the tools available to me.

I sighed tiredly. He was more work than my beloved.

He was still beautiful when he screamed at the first strike and the last. He begged until he couldn't anymore. My friend was the most beautiful even at the very last.

I kept two of his fingers in remembrance of our friendship.

If only he did not scream.

If only he accepted me.

Maybe, he would be whole and breathing.

Now, it was time to clean up.

the friend.

------

the playlist:
Kitty B - Doin' Good

ciao.