I Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer.

Chapter 7.

''I never dreamed you'd leave in summer.

I thought you would go then come back home.

I thought the cold would leave by summer.

But my quiet nights will be spent alone.'' -Stevie Wonder, "I Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer".

Thank God it's Saturday.

Because I was tired as fuck and definitely wouldn't be able to get up and go to that hell called school.

I was awake for the whole night, thinking about recent happenings. My mind just wouldn't stop thinking about it.

Why the hell did Luke Hemmings save me from Josh? I mean, I don't even know him and yet, he has saved my ass twice now. It's so confusing.

That was mostly what I kept thinking about and I would've continued if I hadn't gotten a call from Ashton.

''Mike and me are going to Mason's, he's having a comeback party thing. Just a few people though. '' he said through the speakers.

''I don't really feel like going Ash.'' I whined, already predicting his next question and giving him the answer straightaway.

''Hazel, c'mon. You've stayed in your house for, like, a week. You need to go out sometime.'' I had to admit he had a point. All I've been doing was stay in my room and listen to the playlist Ashton made me few weeks ago.

''It's only been three days, Ashton. And I don't wanna go anywhere. '' I complained again and heard a loud huff on the other end of the line.

''Please Hazel? I cannot stand this.''

''This?''

''This, you behaving like this, Hazel! You're falling back to your old habits. '' he said carefully.

I narrowed my eyes. ''What do you mean, I'm falling back to my old habits? I'm perfectly fine!'' I hissed in frustration.

I could imagine him rolling his amazing  eyes, name of their color same as my first name. It's just incredible how they can actually change color. They can go from light brown,  like chocolate, to piercing green, like leaves in the spring and to a mix of those two colors.  It's like a phenomenon.

''You and I both know that's a lie, Hazel. Something's wrong. You've been acting weird ever since that night when that Luke kid saved you from the prick. What's going on in your head, Hazel? You're closing, you're not letting me in again. Please, just... tell me what's happening. '' his tone was desperate and I felt myself  getting weak at the sound. I hate when he's sad. Especially if I'm the one making him sad. It hurts me, physically and mentally. Because I love him too much.

''I'm sorry Ash. I-I don't even know myself. I'm just too confused. Please, just. .. give me some time to figure things out and I promise, I'll let you in again.'' I said weakly.

There was a certain silence before he spoke.

''Promise?''

I sighed and then replied. ''I promise. ''

That was yesterday.

Or the day before.

I'm not even sure myself anymore.

I feel like I'm going crazy. I just need something. .. something to keep me sane and... just tell me what to do with my life. To get me back on my way... to be there with me and for me.

I know I have Ashton but... I just feel like I need to get away from him for a bit. There's not really a reason for that, just... my stupid self... and my stubbornness.

Sighing, I put a jacket around myself and then slipped my sneakers before exiting the house and making my way down the long and muddy road.

I just walked. I don't know where, I just walked and walked, not even taking in my surroundings. I didn't care where I was going, I just wanted to give myself space to think about things.

It wasn't only the whole mysterious-kid-named-luke-who-saved-my-ass-and-who's-mentally-haunting-me thing. If it makes sense.

It was my parents, my brother, Ashton, everything.

Everything happened too quickly.

I wasn't even aware of it happening. It just... happened. And crushed my world down. Breaking it to pieces.

And before I knew it, I was making my way to the place where I knew I'd find them and they'll listen to me. Like they always do. But I don't know what thay say. Do they judge me? Blame me like everyone else? Do they believe me?

I'll never actually find out. But they're still the only persons who still listen to me, after all. After everyone was done with me. Except Ashton of course. He was always there. But I actually started to wonder about how long will always be.

And I stand in front of them, felling my eyes water as I watch them silently.

My parents.

Their names engraved onto a cold stone.

Elizabeth and Collin Edwards.

''Hi mummy, hi daddy.'' I whispered before letting the tears flow freely.

This is my life.

This is what I've became.

Alright, this probably got y'all confused a bit but I promise, everything will clear out a bit in next few chapters, just give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Luv ya if you do read and tnxxx!

Have and nice day! :)

-M. x