Chapter Nine

Aubrey

When I woke up this morning, the smell of food greeted me and my stomach instantly started rumbling. I freaked out for a quick second, thinking it was Natasha, but all of the events from yesterday began running through my head. Shopping with Angela, kissing her, bringing her back to my house, kissing her again. Yesterday was crazy; I would've never thought about doing those things with her but they happened. And I can't change the past.

I laid in bed for a second as I thought about everything. Maybe I should bring up the kiss. Telling her that it didn't really mean anything would be beneficial for both of us. I care a lot about this girl, yes, but do I like her like that? No. I feel guilty for initiating a kiss with her. I wish I never would've done that. Things would be hell of a lot easier for both of us.

Once I was content with all of the thinking, I threw the blankets back and headed into my bathroom. I did all my morning rituals and then headed back out so I could put some kind of clothing on. A bad habit of mine is sleeping only in my boxers. A habit I need to break since Angela's staying with me now.

When I was done getting dressed, I headed out to the kitchen where I was greeted with a plate of food. "You didn't have to do this," I told her as I sat down at the table.

She sat on the other side of me and began digging into her own plate. Bacon, eggs, and pancakes. The food tasted like heaven. If it were just me alone, I would have just went simple and made some cereal. Thank god for women. "It's fine. I was up early anyways."

We continued eating, making small-talk when we weren't stuffing our faces. When the conversation died down, I figured that it'd be a good time to bring the kiss up before it got too late. "Maybe we should talk about the kiss."

Her head instantly snapped in my direction. "What about it?" she asked.

"It was kind of... Spur of the moment," I told her. I was struggling for words because I didn't want to hurt her.

She nodded her head. "I know. I wouldn't have kissed you like that if I were in my right mind," she laughed lightly.

I was taken aback by what she had just said. She was the one who kissed me first and now she's saying that she wouldn't have done that 'if she were in her right mind'? I was at a loss for words, so I didn't say anything else. I just nodded my head and went back to eating. There has to be some kind of catch, though. The way she looked after I had kissed her the second time told me everything I needed to know, but now she's basically claiming she doesn't want me.

Okay then.

 x x x x x x x x x

As the day went on, Angela and I got pretty bored just watching TV, so we decided to watch a movie. She put it on some action movie, but since I saw it a bunch of times, I began to get bored so I fell asleep. When I woke up, the movie credits were playing. I laughed at the fact Angela was laying on me. Obviously she got bored, too.

I gently pushed her off of me, but I ended up waking her up instead. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. "Hey Sleeping Ugly," I said as I stood up and looked at the time. Though I just woke up, I was starving. It was almost five o'clock.

Angela scoffed. "You're a jerk. You weren't too good-looking when you were asleep, either. So be quiet. Thank you!" she said.

The two of us talked about what we wanted to do for lunch and we both agreed that pizza sounded good. I ordered us cheese pizza from Pizza Hut and they said they'd be here in at least twenty minutes. Just like the said, they came about twenty minutes later. I paid them and then the two of us sat down at the table so we could eat. "Save some for me, please," I said as she put two pieces of her plate.

"You're mean today. I liked it better when you were asleep."

As I watched her eat, I couldn't help but wonder if I really do have feelings for her. I know that it's wrong, but at the same time, it feels so right. There's no way I can like her, though, because she's sixteen. I'm twelve years older than her. That's crazy. Maybe things were suppose to work out like this, though. Maybe Natasha cheating was a good thing, otherwise I wouldn't have ever gotten this close to Angie.

I know that how I'm feeling is a big sin and frowned upon, but I really feel like I have feelings for this girl. Shit, I don't know. All I know is that I have some thinking to do. Some serious thinking.