Chapter Fifteen

Angela

As I waited for Aubrey to answer my question, I could feel my blood pressure rising. Even looking at him makes me sick to my stomach. I can't ever picture myself forgiving him or having any kind of normal relationship with him anymore. Honestly, all I wanted from him was a good, father-daughter relationship. And we did have one. But then he began to go insane.

Aubrey's eyebrows furrowed together as he took a break from whatever he was typing on his computer to look at me. "I don't even know what you're talking about, Angela. What do you mean 'what is he doing here?'" he asked. By the way he was acting, I was sure he really didn't know.

My shoulders slumped as I leaned against the door. "Antonio's here," I told him. Panic was in my voice and I knew he picked up on it.

He stood up from behind his desk and walked over to where I was standing. He pushed me out of the way gently before opening the door. Aubrey told me to stay there before closing the door behind him and going out into the office. I sat down in one of the chairs and waited for him to come back inside. Hopefully he can kick him out or something. I know Aubrey will think of something. He always does.

After about five minutes, the door clicked open and both Antonio and Aubrey pranced into the room as if they were best friends or something. My mouth nearly dropped. No way in hell was this happening. Aubrey was supposed to kick him out, not bring him in here with me! "Have a seat, please," Aubrey said as he took his own seat back.

"What are you even doing here?" I asked, turning to look at Antonio.

He shrugged and clasped his hands together, resting them in his lap. "I couldn't find you and you haven't been at home much and I figured to stop by here," he explained. "I think it'd be best if you come back home, actually."

"But I don't want to go home with you," I told him. I tried to keep my voice as calm and light as possible because I knew the second I raised it, he'd get really angry with me and honestly, I did not want to have to deal with his wrath.

Aubrey shifted in his seat and I could tell he was uncomfortable. "I'm sure you've caused enough trouble for everyone you've been staying with," he said as he stood up. He turned around and began walking to the door although I just sat there, scared. Aubrey's eyes got big and so did mine.

"Call me when you get back to your house, I'll come get you," he whispered. I nodded my head before reaching down to get my bag. Antonio was waiting outside of his office for me when I came out. I sighed and we began walking towards the elevator. It was kind of awkward but I knew as soon as we got into the car, it'd be World War three.

He unlocked his doors as soon as we got close to his car. I got in the front seat and he got in the driver's seat, just like old times. As we began to drive, I immediately tensed up. It felt weird to be in the same car as him after all this time. "Who in the hell have you been staying with, Angela?" he asked. His voice was deeper and scarier than I recalled.

"With friends," I lied.

Antonio looked over at me and although I wasn't looking at him, his eyes were burning holes into the side of my head. "Bullshit. Tell me right fucking now or so help me God."

I shifted in my seat and continued gazing out the window. "With friends! I'm not lying!"

The rest of the car ride was silent, he didn't say anything else and neither did I. When we got back to the house, he parked his car and we both got out. Right when I thought I was free to go, he grabbed my by my arm and shoved me inside. I almost fell on the ground, but I caught myself on the wall. When I stood up, he smacked me with full force and the tears instantly began to flow. "Get out of my face."