D.I.V.R - 2

D.I.V.R - 2

.:Rebecca:.

The huge hovercraft came closer to us and I held on to the hilt of my sword. Mostly everyone was surprised that the hovercraft was able to pass the aerial force field. Unless they took one of our people hostage, they wouldn't have been able to pass security either. I glanced at Helena and William, they were both prepared with their guns. The hovercraft made a landing and we were given orders to hold our fire. 

That didn't stop me from wielding my sword. The people that weren't used from combat, ran to their tents in fear. The rest of us stayed put. The doors of the hovercraft opened and a white cloth was flung out. Immediately everyone backed away. I inched closer. I ignored Helena yelling at me to get back, but the white cloth seemed so harmless. 

It almost looked like a shirt. I took my sword and poked the shirt. It was a white T-shirt with the Safehaven number two insignia. I bent to pick it up and waved it to the others. Whoever was in the hovercraft meant no harm and I could sense that. I examined the shirt to see what name was on it. 

"P. Casperion!" She announced to the others and that's when they heard a laugh from the hover craft. 

"Don't shoot. It's just me and team one. Remember us?" A man shouted. 

"Hold your fire! They are with us!" Doris shouted. She seemed to be eager to see said team. 

"Who's team one?" I asked of Doris. She grinned. 

"They left in search of supplies and civilians, seven months ago. We thought them dead." Doris announced for those who didn't know. 

We hadn't heard from them because we had just come to the Safehaven six months ago. I felt that Helena and William had come closer to me, to get a better look at those that were exiting the hovercraft. About six people filled out of it. Three men that looked as if they were in their thirties, all wearing Safehaven number two shirts. After them, a young girl of about her own age, seventeen. A young boy of about nine years old was clutching her hand nervously. 

The last person to exit the hovercraft was none other than P. Casperion or Parker as she heard Doris call him. He was tall with sandy blond hair, very hot as she heard Helena say. Liam began to argue with her that in fact, he was the hottest guy in camp, but I stopped listening to them as the shirtless, handsome, giant walked closer to me. This was the first time I ever saw the man, so why was he walking to me?  I put my sword away and lifted my chin. 

I would not let this man see that I was intimidated by his giant-ness. He stood in front of me, his eyes looking into mine. I was forced to look up at him and I noticed his eyes were blue. A very soft blue that made his hard features soften. He didn't seem so big and bad when you looked into those eyes. She was forced to look away first and this bothered her. 

"Hey, newbie. Can I have my shirt back?" Parker inquired with a grin. I looked down and realized that I still had his shirt in my hand. I was gripping it pretty tightly. 

"Oh yeah, sorry." I said, handing him his shirt. 

"Thank you." He said, taking the shirt from her and giving her a wink. "Nice sword. But were not in the seventeenth century." He added. I frowned. I was about to comment on his rudeness when my best friend came to my aid. 

"I've seen this girl decapitate aliens, like you would slice butter. So watch it before she cuts your d-." Helena exclaimed, stopping as I cut her off. 

"It's okay, Helena. Let him think what he wants to think." I said calmly. Just then, Doris joined us as she heard us arguing. 

"Parker, this is Rebecca, Helena, and William. They came to us just six months ago, but they kill aliens as if they've been doing it their whole lives." She laughed and touched my shoulder. "Rebecca here uses a sword beautifully. Helena there uses her smile and her guns. William is a sniper with the sharpest eye I've seen yet." She added. "And you three, this is Parker. One of our youngest leaders. He invented his weapon. Where is that ray gun of yours anyways?" Doris demanded. 

I was surprised to hear that Parker had a ray gone. I was curious to see his invention. When Doris said he was the youngest leader, I was surprised. Parker looked no older than twenty. My eyes went to the hovercraft and I became very curious as to what was inside. I was used to being quiet and slipping away unnoticed. I did just that. 

Walking towards the hovercraft unnoticed was easy. Everyone seemed distracted at the reunion. There were some women who's husbands had returned in the hovercraft. Seeing their tears of happiness made me smile. Not a lot of happiness came to us. I have always been one to fins happiness in the smallest things though. 

My life was almost cut short three times now. It seemed like the universe wanted me to die, but I wouldn't go. When I was born, I was born with a hole in my heart. I had my first surgery then. And when I was twelve, I had to have another surgery. On both occasions, I coded. The first time I was dead for only thirteen seconds. But the second time I was dead for a whole five minutes. 

I became a miracle in the medical field. I wasn't supposed to come back that second time. My heart had failed, but I wouldn't give up. I avoided death for a third time when my body rejected the D.I.V vaccine. My parents had made me get it and I qualified due to my cardiac condition. I reluctantly let the nurses inject me with the stuff and that same day my body rejected it. All of the vaccine came up in vomit. 

The doctors were surprised and said that unfortunately my body was just too weak for it. I entered the hovercraft silently and took a right towards the back. To think I would have been an alien if the vaccine had worked. I shivered and continued on my journey. The hovercraft was dark and cold. There was one part that was so dark, I had to feel around with my hands to make sure I was still going towards the back. 

I tripped over something on the floor and she fell hard. The only thing that broke my fall was her knees and they hurt. I couldn't believe I had tripped. I was trained to be careful and stealthy. I rubbed my knees and rubbed my knees before I started walking a bit, being more careful. I began to hear a small tapping and I followed it. 

Were you supposed to follow the creepy tapping sound or turn and run? She couldn't remember, but she was drawn to the sound. It almost sounded like a heart beat. She approached a door with a bright light glowing from under the door. The light reminded her of the lights in the hospitals. She didn't think she was in any danger so she didn't even bother to get her sword before opening the door. 

At opening the door, the smell hit me. It smelled like a hospital too. Sterile, with faint hints of blood and disease. I stepped in further and looked around the room, to see a graying figure strapped to a table. I should have left the room then, but something made me approach the graying figure. I looked down at it and frowned. 

It looked human, but alien as well. I heard footsteps running towards the back of the hovercraft when I saw something move from the corner of my eye. I touched the hilt of my sword and looked at the graying figure. It opened it's eyes and let out a panicked cry as the figure looked to the right. I looked back and noticed there was an empty table and the straps looked as if they had been torn off. 

That's when I heard the tapping again, coming from above me. I looked up and screamed. An alien was above my head, drooling and jumping towards me. It's black, large eyes fixed on me.  I unsheathed my sword, but was too late as the alien was upon me. My sword laid useless by my side, as I held the alien away from me. One of my hands was on his cheek, turning his jaw so he wouldn't bite me, while my other hand was on his chest. That left his arms flailing and trying to scratch at my flesh. I had cheated death twice now, one more time would be a charm.