C H A P T E R S I X

"Hello, Leah. I'm Vincent." He slowly takes my hand in his and raises it to his lips, kissing the back of it gently. I blush slightly and watch and he grins and lets go of my hand.

He looks down at my bag and his grin falters ever so slightly.

"Amore, you won't need to bring anything, you'll have everything you'll need at my house." I hesitantly look over at my mom, but she looks the other way.

"Okay." I say as quietly as I can, but he still smiles as if it's the most beautiful thing he's ever heard.

"Come amore, let's get going." He rests his hand on the small of my back and I noticeably stiffen, but he keeps it where it is.

"We love you, Leah." I hear my mom blurt out. I almost laugh as I turn around to face her.

"If you loved me, you wouldn't be letting me leave." I turn back around let Vincent guide me out of the house. I was quite surprised when I saw him. I expected someone more, sophisticated.

I expected a man in a nice suit and sharp haircut. But instead, I got a big, buff man who's completely tattooed from head to toe. And I can't say that I hate it.

The car parked at the curb screams money. Jet black and slick edges. I almost gasped when I got in it. It was spacious and had a mini fridge off to the right.

I was so caught up in admiring the car, that I didn't notice Vincent climbing in and sitting next to me until our knees slightly brushed together.

I slightly jumped and moved away, trying to hide my blush.

I've always been shy when it came to dating or affection. It was just hard for me, I could never seem to be comfortable with holding hands or doing the overly romanticized accidentally touch hands or knees. I suppose it was partly because I knew that it just wasn't the right person.

And now that Vincent's doing it to, I just can't help but shy away. I don't know what he feels for me, but I know I don't feel the same.

His deep chuckle resonating through the car breaks me out of my thoughts.

"Why so shy, amore?" His tone was almost cocky as he talked to me. Almost like he was showing off. I may be 'small' and a little shy, but I'm not going to let anyone talk to me like they're superior to me. Especially if they're doing so arrogantly.

"Don't touch me." I snap. I turn and try to gaze out of the tinted windows, while trying to ignore his piercing stare.

"I'll do what I please." His strong voice resonates through the car. And just as I'm about to whip my head around to yell at him, he wraps his large hand around my upper thigh.

I again, squirm under his touch, but his grip just becomes stronger. I decide to leave well enough alone for the time being and think about the positives about this situation.

1. I'll get a fresh start.

2. I'll be away from my parents.

I frown slightly as I'm only able to come up with two positive things.

"Don't look glum, Leah. Be excited, you just arrived at your new home."

********

A/N   (Wattpad isn't letting me do the bold and italics right, soooo)

I know, this is a reeeaaallllyyy short chapter, but we see a little bit of Vincent and his attitude in this chapter.  Soooo I hoped you liked it!