Chapter One

〰〰➰〰〰

"PLEASE, DON'T! Not my baby, please I'm begging you!"

I can't see anything because the place is too dark. All I can hear at this moment is the voice of that woman—the same voice I would always hear in my dreams—and the loud tranquility surrounding me.

"No . . . please no!"

I place my palm on my forehead and feel something wet. When I look at it, my hand is covered by my own sweat. I don't know, it's weird for me to see it because the darkness in here is way too darker than what it seems.

And the sweats on my forehead seem so real.

Suddenly, a sound of a gun makes me flinch in a scared way. That sound . . . I think I have heard it before but I can't remember when.

As the sound of gun comes in my ears, I realize that I'm waking up.

Groaning in pure irritation, I open my eyes in a slow pace and see that someone's knocking on the door.

"Breakfast is ready!"

A sigh emits out of my mouth when I hear my dad's voice. In a quick manner, I stride toward the bathroom while naked and start my morning routine.

***

A KICK on my waist makes me pause on breathing to endure the pain they are throwing at me.

"P-p-p-please! Stop h-hurting me!" I try to crawl away, but someone lifts my face by my hair and there, I see Molly, the leader of their girl squad.

"W-w-w-what if I don't wanna s-s-stop?" she mimics, sneering at my bad state. "Pathetic girl! I don't wanna see that ugly face at the campus again, do you hear me?!"

Without a doubt, I bobble my head as a yes. "Okay! Just p-p-please! I'm b-b-b-begging you to stop!"

She laughs in an insulting way as she throws my face on the ground in a violent way. My eyes widen when I see blood dripping from my mouth onto the grass.

"Might as well drop-out your ass, ugly! No one likes you there, anyway! Let's go girls! Leave this pathetic shit here."

When I hear their footsteps fading away from me, I feel relief rushes through my system. I glance down at my wrist and see her fingertips marked on it, that makes me sob in a miserable way.

After the class ended, I accidentally bumped on her and the uncapped bottle of water spilled onto her million-dollar dress that made her very angry.

I crumple the grass as I remember how they dragged me here like I'm just a rag doll. They have been bullying me because of my speech disorder, and ever since I stepped on that stupid school, being their entertainment has been a part of me.

I try to stand up, but my waist starts to react. Gasping for air, I start to count one to three then stand up in a most hardest way possible.

Walking out of the abandoned playground in a limping way, I hold my waist to restrain me for falling down. Going home is the only way I can be rest assure that I'll be okay, I guess that's the only option.

Weeks pass by, and my aching waist has bandages which makes me feel uncomfortable.

I gawk at the soup on the table for no reason, and I'm always like this: spacing out without anything inside my brain.

"Your soup will get cold."

I look up and see my dad, staring at me with worry in his eyes. That concern in his expression never lessened my pain, but makes me feel worse.

"I-I-I-I'm going to eat it, d-da—"

I gasp so loud when he punches the long table, making our soup to come out of the soup plate. When I see him striding toward me, my heart begins to make a drum-ish sound as I lean my back on my chair to get away from him.

He grabs my jaw and turns my face to let him see me, then squeezes my cheeks together. My eyes are wide at this point because all I can feel at his presence is fear.

"Is it your habit to disobey me, Helena?! I cooked that for you, and you're acting as if I'm nothing!" He tightens his hold onto my jaw and cheeks, making me whimper in a coward way.

"I-I-I-I'm sorry. Please, d-d-don't hurt me, Dad." A sob escapes out of my mouth while I look at his hard stare.

But that kind of stare fades away and turns into a soft one. Closing my eyes to avoid that, he lessens the tightness of his hand and caresses my jaw in a gentle manner. I can feel him sniffing my hair and kissing my left cheek, which makes me tremble.

"Good girl."

I can hear his footsteps walking away from me that makes me open my eyes. I see him sitting on his usual seat with a beam on his face, giving me chills down my spine.

That's when I finish my soup so quick, even though it is already cold.

〰〰➰〰〰

Vote and comment if you like.

~Faller❤