Chapter Twelve

〰〰➰〰〰

"SO, THE letters finally stopped, Freya?"

I cease on sipping the mug of chocolate then let out a deep breath. "Y-Y-Yeah, because dad's..."

It is as if the words cannot emit out of my throat, making me choke in my own sentence. Now that he's gone, I feel at peace yet scared at the same time; afraid that the letters may continue.

I put the mug down. "What if... What if, my d-d-dad's not the sender?"

She stops on warming herself in front of the hearth and stares back at me with a frown. "Isn't it obvious? Your dad have this crazy obsession toward you, and I think he's the one who gave you that letter, too."

After our conversation, I decided to go home, only to found it so empty without any lights. The night seems to last forever, devouring the whole place as I keep the bulbs shut, except for the light in my room.

Looking at the bed that we'd once shared, I walk pass it and sit on the chair in front of my study desk. My diary is laying there, which only makes me confuse for some reasons.

I think, I kept it inside my dresser.

The booming sound outside makes me gasp and startle, realizing that it is raining. Staring at the diary, I take and open it with careful hands, noticing the ripped part in the middle of the page.

The one I've written for Luis is gone, and is replaced with letters that makes my heart to race so fast.

Not over, yet.

~K.A

Without hesitations, I rush to the kitchen downstairs and dial Lily's telephone number.

"Hello? Lily spe—"

"Lily, i-i-it's me, Freya." I let out an unpleasant sob and bring my palm on my mouth to stop myself from crying.

"What's happening?!"

Tears start to form in each corner of my eyes as I remove my hand from my lips. "M-M-My stalker got in my room without me knowing i-i-it."

Through the phone, I can hear her gasping. "What the hell?! I'll pick you up, okay? Stay inside your house! I'm going to call Luis about this."

With that, the line ends, so I run toward the front door and lock everything to keep me safe for some time. The lightning booms through the place, making me jump all of a sudden and slide against the door, scrunching down to lessen the coldness I am feeling.

I suddenly remember the face of Luis when I first saw him at the campus, when he protected me from danger. He stood for me, making me look upon him as my knight in shining armor. He made me believe that princes' really do exist, and he was one of them, shielding me whole like I'm his princess.

With that thought, it makes me feel warm, soothing my very being in this moment. But that didn't lasts long when someone knocks on the door behind me, which means they are here to rescue me.

I stand up with trembling body, unlock the door, and open it without a doubt.

"L-L-Luis?"

A smile creeps on his lips with his heart-melting stare. It is like, the heaviness in my heart lessen when I saw his face, making me run and wrap my hands around him.

I feel his hand brushing my hair in a comforting manner, shushing my sobs. "Don't worry, I'm already here..."

His next words seem to fall into deaf ears when I lift my face up over his shoulder and see that Lily's not with him, only his car parked in front of my house.

Slowly, I pull away and give him a raised brow. "Where's L-L-Lily?"

The hand on my hair travels from my jawline to the ends of my hair, twirling it with his finger. "She won't come, because I'm here."

The more he whispers, the more my heart races in an abnormal way. "I-I-I know you're here, b-but where is she?"

His genuine smile never disappeared, until it gets wider and wider, causing me to step backward while groping on the door.

My eyes widen when he moves forward with that sinister grin on his face.

"Why are you walking away from me? I am your knight in shining armor, right?"

That's when I notice that we are already inside the house as I stare up at him like he is too different from the guy I saw before.

I bite my lip then gasp. "H-How did you know that?"

He won't know it because only my diary knows everything about what I am thinking, unless...

My eyes become more larger when I realize one thing. If dad wasn't the one who sent those letters, then Luis might be the stalker that kept on haunting me. Now, it all makes sense to me, that the initials from the letters, is none other than, Luis Gomez.

That... That K.A is a short term for Knight in shining Armor.

I hold my chest and feel that I cannot barely breathe due to all the truth smacking onto me. Luis... of all the people in this world, why would he be the stalker behind all of this?

When I shift my eyes at him, my throat hurts as I restrain myself from crying. "W-W-Why?"

As he stands in front of me, his face falls into a blank canvas. "Because I love you..."

When I look at his hands, I see that he's taking a cloth from his pocket and bring it up to my face, making me fall into unconsciousness.

〰〰➰〰〰

Vote and comment if you liked the chapter!

-Faller❤