Chapter Six

〰〰➰〰〰

HAVING A good view of the Terry University in front of me, a boring sigh escapes out of my lips as I think about what will happen to me.

All the students have their own lives, scatter everywhere but I remain on my seat. Being in the middle of these kids is so common for me, and thank goodness they are not bored enough to have their entertainment onto me.

I've noticed that Luis' seat is blank, that means I don't have anyone else by my side for this day.

I jot down on the paper and write something I'll hide from my father for sure.

My Knight in shining armor<3

A giggle exits out from me then a shadow figure covers the light above, making my paper to darken.

I look up and see my classmate Lily standing in front of my table while staring down on my notebook. That makes my heart to rush nonstop as I close and put it inside my bag.

"Don't worry, my lips are sealed," she whispers, having a warm smile on her face.

This is my first time looking at her this close, and I can say that she is beautiful even if she has a dark complexion. She's wearing a big rimmed eyeglasses on, which makes her look like a nerd.

She extends her hand for me, giving me a somehow friendly eyes. "It's L-"

"Lily Folkerson from B-B-Biology class," I say, cutting her sentence off.

She chuckle in a girly way then sits beside me. "I bet you really know because we're classmates."

I don't wanna smile back because this isn't the first time someone acknowledges me. Knowing that everyone don't like me-except for Luis-and I know that this girl might need something from me that's why she is talking to me.

Her smile wavers away, probably she notices my sudden change. "Are you okay, Helena?"

I blink a few more times before I realize that she's really there. The beating of my heart never disappeared, feeling like someone's going to use my kindness once again and then what? They'll only have fun on me and dump me after what I've done for them.

In so much dread, I grab my things and stand up to leave her; this is the only way to keep myself safe, to push everyone away except for Luis.

"Hey! Wait for me, Helena!"

I hear her footsteps coming nearer, so I take big strides as I brush the students out of my way. My throat hurts while I hold the urge to spill my tears, too shy to show everyone that I'm crying for a single reason.

I don't wanna be their entertainment anymore.

This feeling . . . I hate this. I hate my life! The fact that I'm being belittled all my life makes me feel like thousands of sharp needles stab my heart. I feel like-

My thoughts are interrupted when a hand restrains me from walking any further. When I look behind, I meet Lily's worried expression as she catches her breath.

"Why are you running away from me? Did I do something that makes you so irritated? C'mon, tell me."

My eyes are wide, not daring to look away this time. That face . . . That agonized features look so real for the first time.

"Y-Y-You looked concern," I mumble.

She removes her grip away from me and places it on her waist, giving me a raised brow. "Of course I am! Back there, I looked like I did something bad on you that made me feel so worried!"

We are standing on the park in front of the school as I stare up the sky. It is too wide and refreshing at the same time, and by just gazing at its beauty, I feel like I'm in peace.

When I look down to her, her eyes widen as she grabs something inside her pocket.

A pink handkerchief is standing on her palm, giving it to me. "Take this and wipe your tears. Don't cry, please!" she yells in a panic way.

After taking it, I wipe the liquid pouring down on my cheeks. "Thank you, Lily."

***

SITTING DOWN on my bed while looking at my diary on my table in front of the window, a smile creeps on my lips.

I grab it and the pen then start to write something...

10th of June, 2015

Today, I met a girl named Lily Folkerson and she's beautiful. She doesn't look depressed, unlike me, I'm full of misery in my life. It was my first time seeing a girl with such cheerful appearance, and that made me a little envious.

Guess, she would be my true friend for the second time. :)

I stare at it for a second as my pen stays in the air. Afterwards, I turn the page and see the words I've written when I first met him.

28th of May, 2015

A boy named Luis Gomez had the guts to talk to an anti-social girl, and it's me. It was hard to pretend like I'm just a wind that passes over them, but fate brings me to him. Molly was about to attack me awhile ago but he protected me. It was the most beautiful scene I've ever witnessed in my entire life.

I actually saw him as my Knight in Shining Armor.

Smiling at the written words, I can't erase the feeling that Luis makes the butterflies inside my stomach to dance in joy. Every time I see his full of life face, I am all complete and the problems and anxiety I have are being erased whenever I'm with him.

Today, I have two people I consider as my true friends.

And I'm now content on what I have.

〰〰➰〰〰

Vote and comment if you liked the chapter!

-Faller❤