2. Getting to Know You

Dedicated to @t0mlinswag because she opened my eyes to the Hariana world tbh.

And there's a gif of flirty Ari on the side.

2. Getting to Know You

"Liam!" I called out in the hallway when I saw him.

He turned his head to look at me, along with his shoulders revealing Ariana. I hadn't brought her up a second time yesterday since they clearly didn't have her listed as a fond conversation choice, but standing here today seeing her I once again felt like talking to her.

But not at that moment because she looked rather pissed off.

He sighed and looked back at Ariana and I continued my approach and saw that she was jabbing her finger at his chest and he grabbed her hands. He didn't appear as though he were being rough with her and his expression was calm as he spoke quietly to her. Her features relaxed and she seemed to deflate.

Once I was closer her eyes glanced back at me and her lips moved. All I heard when I was within ear shot was, "I'll see you at lunch, Liam."

When I reached Liam's side, Ariana was walking away, the high heels of her boots clicking as she did. I didn't let my gaze linger too long on her as I tried not to show my admiration for her. "Who is that?" I asked obnoxiously, even though I knew who she was. I just needed to hear him label her as something.

Liam glanced at me. "Ariana?" He shrugged. "That's my friend. Best friend, honestly," he added.

I nodded. So they aren't dating, I thought. Liam doesn't seem like one of those assholes that says he isn't in a relationship when he is.

The bell rang and I straightened. "Gotta head to class. I'll talk to you later, Liam," I said.

He nodded. "You too, Harry." We high fived and I made my way to Mr. Clark's class.

؜►؜

"Mrs. Grande."

I couldn't help the fact that I had looked up at hearing the name. I was currently in English second period and looking towards the door where I saw Ariana. Her hair was down and long like yesterday, except this time she had some of it up in an almost half do. She was wearing black skinny jeans and a black muscle tank that said "I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong" in pink writing and her expression was collected. She walked forward with a note in her small hands, giving it to Mrs. Edwards.

As the teachers eyes ran over the note, Ariana walked down the aisles of desks and right past me without even a glance on my direction. I heard her sit down directly behind me and I glanced back for the briefest moment and she pursed her lips almost in annoyance as she sat down in the back, crossing her arms over her chest as she leant back against the chair.

I looked back forward and let the shock of her being in this class fade off.

Mrs. Edwards looked up again and smiled. "Let's head to the library, then, okay?"

Mrs. Edwards requires that everyone reads at least one book a month so apparently, the class makes a monthly trip to the library. I didn't mind too much since I can usually read books as long as I'm determined. I'll just have to make a scheduled agreement with myself on how much to read a night.

Inside the library we all wandered around aimlessly, searching for something to read.

Would it be considered stalking if I were intentionally looking at the rows of books close to Ariana?

I picked out a book I honestly wasn't even paying attention. I was taking advantage of the empty space giving me slight view of her as she looked at her own book. Her brown hair fell into her face as she focused on the words of the book, her eyebrows furrowing ever so lightly.