5. Ridiculous

Ariana's school outfit is on the side. (But pretend the pants are leather. ;)

5. Ridiculous

When Frankie had finally made it back to his past home he wasn't as exhausted as he'd expected himself to be. In fact he was excited to see Ariana and Andy. Maybe even Liam.

But when he used his house keys for the first time in nearly seven months and opened the door it hit him how much he missed his baby sister.

He threw the door open. "Honey, I'm home!" he sang goofily, hoping Ariana would come into the room with a brilliant smile and hug him as though she didn't hate him for abandoning her for the past half year.

But she didn't.

He frowned. "Ari?" he called. He looked around the house and then went upstairs to her room to find her. It wasn't until he came into the nursery that he saw her. She was passed out against the crib with Andy sleeping soundly in it. He sighed at the sad sight and walked towards her. He picked up her incredibly light body and carried her into her messy room, gently resting her on her bed.

"You deserve better, Ariana," he said softly, resting a kiss on her cheek.

So much better.

؜►؜

The next day as I got up for school I thought of my conversation with Ariana last night. Maybe I won't end up stuck in the friend zone.

I rushed downstairs where my mum was cooking. "Morning, Mum," I greeted with a smile, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Good morning, Harold," she said.

I rolled my eyes at the use of my full first name. She giggled and I laughed as I sat at the table. "So we never discussed how you're doing in school," she drawled, placing a plate in front of me.

"What's the question?" I said, picking up the toast first.

"Did you make any friends?" she asked.

I nodded in response. "Sure did, Mum."

She grimaced. "Harry, I've already told you not to eat with your mouth full."

I covered my mouth as I laughed. She shook her head. "What about ladies?"

I nearly choked as I swallowed the rest of the toast. "Scooze me?"

"Ladies? You know... those members of your opposite gender."

I nodded. "Oh. Them. Well, I hear they smell better than guys," I said.

She hit my head.

"Ow!"

"You know what I mean! Have you met any special girls?" she patronized.

I smiled and she gasped. "What's her name?"

"Okay, Mum, looks like I should get going," I stated, already having cleared off most of my plate.

"Is she pretty?" she demanded, following me as I picked up my backpack.

I scoffed. "Not at all."

"Oh."

"I was kidding," I added. "Anyways," I said opening the front door. "I'll see you later." I gave her a kiss again and she pouted.

"We're talking more later!" she insisted.

"Whatever you say, mum!" I called, getting into my car. I waved at her with a cheeky smile and she shook her head with her own. "Byeee!"

She laughed. "Goodbye, Sweetie!"

I laughed to myself as I pulled out the driveway. Now I have another day to go without making myself look like a fool. I was of course somehow eager to see Ariana. I couldn't wait till the day I find out why I'm so obsessed with her.