03. Empty Promises

Y/n P.O.V

I ran and ran. I reached the Police post nearby and told them what had happened.

We ran back to where Jungkook was. But yet, I was horrified with the scene in front of me.

No... You promised.

I kneeled down beside the bloody Jungkook, I put his head in my lap as he breathe heavily. He looked so in pain yet he tried to show me his bunny smile.

"You promised, you can't just leave me with your empty promises. I didn't even get to thanks you yet. Please don't leave me alone, you're all I've got!!" I said as tears trickled down my face.

He breathed in and out heavily, struggling to catch his breathe. He chuckled softly and said, "Idiot.. Do you know how I have always dream for this to happen? Me being on your lap, but sadly it seems like this will be the first and last time. I-I Love You, Y/n"

And with that, his body went limp, just like my mum I saw his last breathe. Even till his every last breath, he was still holding onto me tightly.

I hugged him tightly and shouted up in the sky with tears flowing like fountain, "Why? Why make promises when what you returned is Empty Promises?!"

Just one day, one night. I can lose everybody that I love, care and trust, just like that.