Prom Dates and Ketchup

Picture of Nicole

     Health in my opinion was one of the most pointless classes in this school. We didn't learn about anything we just sat around in groups listening to music and talking about whatever. We didn't even talk about sex or all that other stuff like we were required to. I wanted to know the good the bad about sex drugs, and alcohol. Well I could careless about any of that stuff, but I needed a distraction. Travis and Alyssa have been flirting non stop with each other since this class began. I don't like the way I was feeling right now, I've never been the type of person to get jealous of someone else. But right now I couldn't help it the feeling was overwhelming. Alyssa was sitting on Travis's lap and he was touching her sides tickling her. She giggled blushing a bit trying to hide her face with her hair. They looked like the perfect couple "I think I'm going to be sick." scrunching my face up in disgust and getting up to move to a different sit. I don't like this feeling one bit; I was turning into a complete hater. I walked over to where stephanie and the rest of our friends were. "What's gucci my n****?" for the first time since this class started I laughed. "What Louis my killa?" I said smiling and rapping the second part of the song. "What Drugs my dealer?" Benj joined in and after that everyone just started joining in and we spent the rest of class having a rap battle. The bell signaling that it was time for lunch we all got up and walked out together still laughing and joking around about the little rap battle we had. "Malika come to my locker with me." Nicole signaled for me to follow her. When we were away from everyone she started talking. "Are you okay?" her face showed that she was genuinely worried about me. "Yeah Why wouldn't I be?" I think I'm okay. "If you say so...But you know you could talk to me about anything even about Travis, Don't worry I won't tell anybody." she grabbed her stuffed and started walking. What the How did she know? I'm I really that obvious. I caught up to her and walked along with her debating on wither or not I should say something. "How did you know?" I guess I was more curious than I thought. she stopped and looked at me. "You're one of my best friends Lika, I know when something's really bugging you, oh and I guessed about it Travis. Why didn't you tell me you like him?" she slapped my on my arm. "Ow, What the hell! I don't know I never really told anybody except Bria and that was sophomore year when I told her."  rubbing the place where she hit me. "Wow that long." her eyes widened a bit shocked. I nodded "You have know idea" we finally reached the cafe. She hugged me before we went our sepreate ways since we had a different set of friends that we sat with at lunch. "I'll call you later tonight we are not done talking about this." I laughed and nodded okay.

      I wasn't all that hungry so I just went straight to my table, on my way there I saw Alyssa sitting at Travis's table instead of with the rest of our friends at our table. "Where's Alyssa?" Monica asked me as soon as I sat down at the table. I shrugged "Who cares?" I looked over to where she was and grabbed a fry off her plate. "She's sitting over there with Travis and his friends." Gracie informed Monica. "What the fuck again?" Monica scrunched up her face like she tasted something sour. I laughed at the face she made and so did everyone else at the table. "Ew don't make that face again" Celine laughed covering her mouth with her hand. "Shut up." Monica tossed a fry covered with ketchup at Celine. Celine dodged just in time and it landed right on Alyssa's white top. I busted out laughing so did everyone else at our table. Alyssa screamed and Travis went to go get some napkins to wipe it off. "Suits her right for ditching us." Monica laughed. One of Travis's friends walked over to our table laughing. "Yo who did that?" we all acted like we didn't know. He continued to laugh and sat down at the table taking Alyssa’s old spot. "Malika who you going to prom with?" he turn to me and stopped laughing long enough to ask me. "As of now, nobody." I shrugged and turned my focus to monica hoping he would take the hint and walk off. "Malika Will you go to prom with me?” I turned back to him giving him my full attention. He was cute but not my type. It's only cause he's not Travis. I told the Stupid voice to shut up. Just when I was about to say something Travis walked up and sat down. "What's good guys?" There he goes again stealing my attention without any effort. "Where's Alyssa?" I asked but I really didn't care. "At her locker getting a new shirt, ya’ll are fucked up for that." he laughed. I swear I almost died right then and there how could somebody be so perfect. "Who said we didn't it?" Celine pointed to everyone except Monica. "You did it?" Travis point towards Monica and started laughing. "Guilty as charged, But it wasn't meant for her it was meant for this Bitch right there." she pointed to Celine. "Bitch please better come correct when you’re speaking to me." Celine and Monica busted out laughing like they just told the funniest joke ever. "Ya’ll are crazy." He shook his head and turned to look at me. "What's good with you we never talk anymore?" maybe if your tongue wasn't always done Alyssa’s throat you would have the time to notice me. I laughed out loud and ignored him and turned my focused back to his cute friend. "Yes, I'll go to prom with you." The look on Travis's face made me smile. Fuck you Travis "Aight cool, I was worried you were about to turn me down for a sec." he smiled hand me his phone so I could put my number in. "I'll text you tonight, and we'll talk more." he got up to leave and said bye to the girls and then bye to Travis. As soon as he walked off my friends started screaming. Damn they were more excited then I was about this. "Finally!!!" Monica said. "For real I've been waiting for this kid to come up and ask you to prom for weeks now." Gracie said while placing her hands on the table "You knew he was going to ask me." I said a bit surprised. "Hell yeah Jason's in my history class and kept bugging me to ask you for him, knowing you would have turned him down if I came and asked you for him. "Wow, you’re going to prom with Jason?" Travis asked as if he wasn't here to hear it for himself. "Yup that's the plan." I grabbed my stuff and got up getting ready to leave lunch was ending in a few minutes. "Bye, Babies." I said as I started to walk off and out the cafe.

     I didn't expect Travis to follow me but he did. "Fuck off Travis leave me alone." I continued to walk without looking back at him. "Yo forreal what's up with you? Always so mean to me." he pretend to cry and placed his hand on his heart like he was hurt. "Cry me a fucking river your a big boy you'll get over it." He grabbed me and held onto me hugging me. He held the back of my head putting his hand in my hair. "Why won't you love girl?" as much as I was enjoying this. I pulled away well I tried too. "N**** let me go and stop touching my hair." He jus kept his hold on me and wouldn't let go. "No, hug me back and I'll let you go." he laughed. "Never, go hug Alyssa, leave me alone." He let me go and I just kept walking finally getting to my locker. "I don't want to Hug Alyssa I want to hug you." he caught up to me again and wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled hoping he wouldn't notice. "Well sucks for you, cause I'm not hugging you." I acted like the fact that he was standing there with his arms wrapped around me and him being so close didn't affect me. But it did if only things could be like this all the time. I kept looking the books in my locker, while I tired not to freak out. We talked and laughed about nothing and everything. "What the hell are you guys doing?" We turned and look to find Alyssa standing there with a new shirt on hands on her hips scolding us. I laughed out of nervousness. Travis still didn't let go. "What does it look like we're doing?" Travis laughed and hugged me before letting go of me. I sighed and grabbed my stuff and smirk at Alyssa before walking off. This time Travis didn't follow me. I got to class just in time and he in came a little after me with Alyssa and took his sit next to me. Alyssa looked aggravated and walked to her sit in the back without looking at us. "What's up with you guys? Do you two go out?" I asked for once I cared. "Nothing she's just acting stupid, and we don't go out." I was a bit relieved to hear him say they weren't dating. I didn't say anything after that and just kept my focus on the teacher and the lesson plan. He kept looking at me. If I wasn't so dark I would've turned bright red. I looked back at him hoping he would stop looking at me, but he just kept looking and smiled at me making me smile back. I covered my face with both my hands trying to stop myself from smiling too much. "Stop looking at Me." he laughed a bit too loud causing the teacher to scold him. I laughed at him. "Ms. James and Mr. Isac do you two have something with the class." I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing again. "No sir." Travis answered with humor still in his voice. "Then I suggest you two be quiet and stop disturbing the class." After that we stopped talking and got back to work. Class ended and Travis walked me to my next class since his was in the same hall. "Aye call me later tonight Aiight." I looked at him giving him my yeah right look. "If you want to talk to me you call me." He smile and hugged me before walking off "Always being so difficult, fine I'll call." I waved bye and walked into class.