Hot stuff

I should of known that he wouldn't call me. Like the idiot I was I stayed up waiting for his call. Maybe I should've called. Gosh I'm pathetic. "Lika you still there." the sound of Nicole’s voice brought me back from my thoughts. "Yeah, just thinking." I managed to get myself to focus on the conversation. "You wanna talk about it." I sighed and took in a deep breath before I began to speak. "Travis said he would call me but he didn't." I whined. I probably sounded like a child. "Maybe he's busy or he probably forgot, either way the day's not over yet Lika he'll call." yeah that makes me feel better knowing he forgot about me. "Nikki it's almost 12 the day is over." I pouted even though I knew she could see me. "Well then forget him," Nikki laughed "Did you speak to Jason yet?" I smiled thinking about the conversation we had earlier. "Yeah, Oh my gosh Nikki he's so funny, legit he had me dieing my mom thought I was going crazy cause I was laughing so much." I rolled over on my bed and laid on my back. "That's great, I'm happy you two are getting along." I yawned and stretched. "Yup, I'll talk to you tomorrow Bye love Goodnight." "Okay Bye, Goodnight." As soon as I hang up I fell asleep.

     The next morning I woke up to my phone ringing. "Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight, just a touch of the fire burning so bright." I grabbed my phone, and answered it. Who the fuck is ruining my sleep. "What?" I'm not the kind of person you want to wake up from there sleep. "Lika, Wake your lazy ass up." Travis, you would think the sound of his voice would put me out of this bad mood. "What the Fuck dude? Do you know what time it is?" I was beyond angry. He laughed finding this whole thing to be funny. "Yeah time to wake your ass up girl, Go get ready I'm coming to get you in like two minutes." he must be out his mind "Goodbye Travis go find somebody else to bug I'm going back to sleep." I hung up. It was 6 there was know way I was getting out of bed anytime soon. I managed to fall back asleep, but I didn't even get to sleep all that long because somebody kept hitting me. "What the hell?" I swung hitting the person who was disturbing me. They screamed out in pain. "Ouch Malika you hit my eye, Damn I'm never waking you up again." I got up and there was Travis standing just a few feet from my bed covering his eye. I rubbed my eyes and pinched myself making sure this wasn't a dream. "What are you doing in my room? Matter of fact, What the hell are you doing in my house? And how did you get in?" shit I must look a mess. I still had my head scarf on and no make up on. He stopped looking at his eye in the mirror and put his attention back on me. "You're mom let me in, and I told you I'm here to pick you up girl, now get up." he grabbed my covers and pulled them off me. I yelled in protest. He laughed, but stopped and just stood there staring. "Take a picture it'll last longer now stop staring at me." getting up off my bed, I grabbed my covers and placed them back on my bed. I was trying not to act like I wasn't embarrassed, considering that I was just standing there with barely anything on but some boy shorts and a tank top that was exposing some of my stomach thank goodness for track for keeping me in shape. "Damn..." he shook his head. I started to feel even more uncomfortable with the look he was giving me. "Travis stop looking at me like that, you're creeping me out." He had that stupid grin on his face again. He snapped out of whatever trance he was in. "Go get ready Lika before we run out of time." I looked at him for a sec and grabbed my stuff and headed to my bathroom and got ready. When I got out he wasn't in my room anymore.

     "Travie," where did he go? I got dressed, and headed downstairs. When I got downstairs Travis was sitting down with my Dad talking. "Hey daddy." Travis got up from his sit looking relieved that I was there. "Hey Sunny, you need money for school?" my dad smiled up at me, I didn't even answer and he was already handing me a twenty. "Thank you Daddy." I hugged him and grabbed Travis's hand and walked out waving bye to my dad. "Bye Dad." "Bye Sunny," When we reached outside and got to Travis's car. "Your dad is scary as fuck." I laughed "Yeah I know he could be when he wants to, and that's just because he doesn't know you." I noticed he wasn't driving where our school is. "Where are you going school's that way you idiot." I pointed out the window down the street where our school was located. "I know this, we aren't going to school directly, I’m taking you out to eat first." A stupid grin spread across my face. He just made me the happy. Food was definitely my best friend, and most definitely the way to my heart. "You don't realize how happy you just made me." I reached over and hugged him "I'm glad now you won't be mad at me anymore, sorry I didn't call you last night." the light turn from red to green and he started driving again. "Oh so this is what this is all about," I nodded and looked out the window. "So do you forgive me?" he pulled up to Tommy's diner I love this place. I had completely forgotten about him not calling, he had to bring it up now. I would have forgiven him all on my own if he didn't bring it up now. Now I didn't want to eat. I hadn't notice he got out the car until he opened my door and lifted me up. "Put me down Travie," I yelled in protest. "Please forgive me sunny." he didn't put me down until we were inside the diner and at a table. "Don't call me that!" I hated when anyone else but my parents called me that. "Alyssa told me this was your favorite place," I should've known. I crossed my arms and looked out the window. The waitress came and took our orders, well his because I wasn't in the mood to eat anymore. After a few minutes of silence he moved from his sit and moved to the sit next to mine. "Don't be mad at me Lika I'm sorry." he embraced me in a hug. I'm such a violent person when I want to be. I tried to push him away when that didn't work I hit him. His laughter filled the restaurant. I wasn't really mad at him anymore I just was enjoying the fact he was giving me all this attention. He tickled me. "Stop being so difficult Lika." I was trying so hard not to laugh but failed miserably. The waitress came back and placed two drinks and two plates filled with food on the table. "Damn Travis you’re a fat ass you ordered all that food for yourself?" I laughed and he moved away grabbing both plates and placed one in front of me. "No I ordered for your, since you wouldn't answer the lady earlier." he laughed. Grabbing the drinks and handing one to me. The site of food made me even happier than before. The food was amazing. Travis kept acting stupid making me laugh and causing everyone at the diner to look at us, because of all the noise that was coming from our table. "Damn I'm full." I nodded in agreement. He paid and left the tip for the Waitress and we got out. It wasn't until we finally got to school that I told him I forgave him.

     "You know I don't do this just for anybody, Lika you're my best friend and I hate it when you're mad at Me." he placed his arm on my shoulder as we walked into the school together. I sighed. "Yes I know Travis, and thank you for taking me out to eat Best friend." I rather be called his girlfriend, but I guess best friend is good enough for now. "Dude we are going to be so late for Homeroom." I looked at the time confirming my thoughts. "My homeroom teacher's fine with it she'll let me in as long as I get to her room before school starts." Being an athlete at this school did have its benefits, the teachers partially let you get away with almost anything especially if you're on the football team. "Come on I'll walk you to homeroom." he held onto my hand and didn't let go until we reached my homeroom. Everyone looked up and stared at us. Travis waved to a few of his boys and hugged me. “Bye hot stuff.” He whispered into my ear. Then walked off laughing, it took me a moment to get it. Shit that was what was written on the back of my boy shorts. Mr. Crane my homeroom teacher didn't bother me because I was a few minutes late but just simply marked me off as being here. See what I mean if I walked in here with anybody else he would have told me to go to the office and get a tardy slip. As soon as I was in my sit everyone started asking me questions as to what I was doing with Travis. "He's my best friend guys you always see us together in the hallway. What's so different about now?" Lisa was the first to speak up. "Well you to are always fighting when we see you in the hallway, so what's up with you to now? Ya’ll looked a bit too comfortable" I sighed. "Nothing is up, and me and Travis aren't always arguing we have are moments." I smiled. I guess that was good enough for them because they stopped bugging me.