0028

"WHAT ABOUT YOUR MOM? DO YOU SEE HER A LOT?"

His voice deeper than usual, a bit raspy and sleepy since it was past midnight. Sebastian and Naomi had been on the phone for the last two hours. They both knew they should probably say their goodbyes and get some much needed sleep and yet neither of them could find it in them to end the call.

"I mean, I FaceTime her a lot but it isn't quite the same from seeing her in person." Naomi answered. "And as much as I do miss her, I think she understands what my job entails and if anything I like to believe she's just happy to see me doing what I love."

A small smile met Sebastian's lips as he watched her speak. He didn't know how it was possible but she'd somehow gotten prettier since he last saw her.

"Did you think we'd be laying in bed on FaceTime when we first met?"

Naomi instantly shook her head. "I already told you Seb. The plan was to never see you again."

"Ouch." Sebastian faked a painful expression and held his chest. "Fortunately, I wasn't having any of that."

"No...you weren't. Why is that exactly?"

"And I already told you, after that night, I couldn't stop thinking about you."

"We barely did any talking that night." Naomi playfully rolled her eyes.

"Actually, there was a moment that stopped kissing me to tell me that the human brain generates enough electricity to power a lightbulb and it was then that I knew I had to know you."

"I did not...are you serious?!" Laughters spilled from her lips. She wouldn't have believed him at first if she didn't know Drunk Naomi is a different person entirely from Sober Naomi. "I genuinely don't remember saying any of that."

"We were both very drunk." Sebastian chuckled, shaking his head a bit. "Yet it was like you  froze just to tell me that as if it was on your mind or something."

Naomi's face flushed, now turning away from the screen. "God, I'm so embarrassing."

"Not at all. You're adorable." Sebastian said with a certain fondness in his eyes. "I hope you know that I'm really happy that we're spending time to get to know each other because I think you're lovely Naomi."

Naomi smiled at his words and it was like a cage of butterflies had been set free in the pit of her stomach. It was the same feeling she always felt whenever she spoke to him.

"You didn't make it easy to refuse."

"I didn't."

"Seb?" Naomi softly called.

"Yeah?"

"I think you're lovely too."