twelve

[Running Low]
Chapter twelve; Shawn Mendes

The royal blue suitcase's wheels roll harshly against the black pavement as I drag it along to the bus. I hand it over to my friend Geoff and he placed it into one of the compartments as we both climb onto the bus. My eyes widen at the sight of a hangout section, kitchen, bunks and bathroom all in one bus. I feel a hand grasp my shoulder, startling me slightly, but also making me turn around.
"You ready for this Shawn?" Andrew asks.
"I think so," I smile making his usual straight face turn into a slight smile. He nods his head and pats my shoulder a couple times before walking over to the couch and sitting down with a couple other people.

'Dreams are coming true'

Jayde Brooks

"Comon Cam, we are going to be late!" I say banging on the bathroom door.
"I'm coming. I swear," I hear her respond from behind the door. The door opens and out comes Cam in her maroon pencil dress and black heels. Her hair in many curls and slightly dramatic makeup. A gold chain hangs from her chest along with gold hoops in her ears.
"Damn Girl. Who is she?" I comment making her laugh.
"But look at you!" She mentions. Me in my royal blue fit and flare dress along with my gold heels and my hair in a half up half down bun style. I have a gold ascent necklace and small studs. I spin around and so does she making us laugh.
"Let's go before you my lady is late to her first runway!" I say grabbing her hand and pulling her out of the dorm room with a smile.

•••

We enter the black and white aesthetic run away room, finding our seats along the way.
"Ah I'm so excited! Freaking Christian Siriano is going there!" Cam freaks out with a huge smile plastered on her face. I shake my head at her excitement as we finally find our seats.

•••

Shawn Mendes

Hey Jay

Jayde:
Hey how's the trip?

It's going good
for the most part

What's up with you?

Jayde:
Just the usual haha
Nah I'm at a runaway
show with Cam

Sounds fun:)

Jayde:
Yeah haha
But it about to start
talk to you later

Alright bye!

"How's life so far?" Andrew says coming over to where I am sitting. I rise my head from my phone and look at him.
"It's going good I guess," I slightly frown to think I can't tell Jayde about my new life and that I won't see her very often.
"Why the frown Shawn?" Andrew asks worried.
"Uh, I mean it's not really anything," I try to avoid the topic.
"You can tell me anything," he says.
"I know I know. See I have this friend named Jayde," I say to him.
"Oh yeah Jayde. What about her?"
"It's just I feel bad for lying and I'm going to miss her," I confess.
"Shawn, I'm not trying to break your heart when I say this but," he starts.
"What Andrew?" I ask very worried.
"I feel like it's best if you cut connection from Jayde. I know that in the future she'll distract you and you'll probably lose connection in the long run," he says sincerely.
"Andrew are you serious?!" I say standing up.
"Shawn it's the best thing for you right now," he responds calmly. He gets up and pats my shoulder.

How do I tell her this? Do I have to lie again?!

•••

Jayde Brooks

"Oh my gosh that was just so absolutely amazing!" Cam rants as the show has ended and we are wading to my car.
"It honestly was!" I agreed with her. We reach my car and hop right into it, driving home from a late night. We enter our dorm and all you hear is heels dropped and chucked on the floor and both of us sighing as we flop onto our beds. I stay there for a while until I grab my purse and grab my phone. I turn it on and see I have a text from Shawn.

Shawn:
I'm sorry but I have to go

What do you mean?

Haha did this not send
earlier?

Shawn:
No

Then what is it?

Shawn:
I'm sorry Jayde

But I have to go

Shawn your not making
any sense!!

Shawn:
Just know, I never
thought I'd have to say that

Shawn what is this?!

Shawn!!!

Shawn....

I love you...

"Jayde? Jay!" I hear as I feel a tear drop from my eye.
"Girl what's up?" Her face full of concern as I look up. I hand her my phone.
"Who does he think he is?!" She says giving my phone back and hugging me.
"You don't know why?" She asks and I shake my head no.
"Let's get ready for bed. We'll make a fort on the floor okay?" I shake my head yes as I wipe more tears that continue to fall.

Shawn Mendes

Tear drops fall as I read the last text:

Jayde:
I love you...

———————
Comment why you think Shawn has said this!

Follow. Comment. Rate!

Xoxo Brianna