thirteen

[Running Low]
Chapter thirteen;

I've been a mess since his last words. Staying in bed for more hours then a regular human should, laying in the same hoodie and sweats for a few days straight. Not eating and or talking much. You may say I'm dramatic, but I thought he was someone that wasn't going to leave me. Someone who actually loved me. Cam is super worried for me, and so is my brother. I tell them I'm fine but saying two words isn't enough apparently. I question myself everyday why he did that. Was I not enough? I thought we had something there.

"Cam?" I speak. Her eyes grow wide.
"You spoke! Uh uh whatcha need?" She says as she climbs into my bed.
"Can we go out? Like get wasted?" I ask her while I fiddle with my fingers.
"Uh Jayde are you feeling okay? This isn't you," she says placing her hand in my forehead.
"I'm fine," I say swatting her hand away "I just need to get Shawn off my mind!"
"Cameron wouldn't approve though..." she says.
"Who says he'll know?" I ask her folding my arms. She raises her hand.
"You wouldn't?" I ask her seriously.
"No I would! I'm not letting my best friend get wasted over a boy. Boys are pathetic," she spits out.
"Cammmm. Please!"
"No Jayde. We can go somewhere else though," she smirks.
"Where?"

•••

I slide my black wind breaker off my arms as we enter someplace.
"Where are we Cam?" I sigh.
"A open mic café!" She says excitedly.
"Um why?" I ask her confused.
"You are going to show your talent missy!"
"Uh what?!"
"Your singing silly!"
"No I am not! You know how scared I am!!!" I tell her.
"Come on it'll be fun!" She says as she pulls my arm towards a small table with two chairs. I lean my head on my hand as I watch some guy sing a Ed Sheeran song. I then realize Cam isn't with me anymore.

'What the hell Cam!' I think to myself.

My eyes wander around the café and they land on her signing something. I see her come back to our table with a huge grin as she sits down.
"Why are you smiling? And what did you sign?" I ask her.
"Nothing," She says clearly lying.
"Cam!"

"Thank you Liam, next is a new girl in the house, Jayde!" I hear my name being called. What!!! Cam looks at me and starts to make me stand up and my eyes grow wide. I tell her no but she continues. After a bit I give up. I walk up onto the little stage and walk near the mic.
"Hello, Uh I'm Jayde and I'll be singing," I pause not knowing what song to sing "Used to Be"

'Cause before all this

You were loving me, hating me, tell me you're my baby
Calling me, telling me, everything that you have just been through
And I'd say, okay my baby, everything will be alright
I will never let out of my sight, 'cause I will hold in my arms and I'll hold you so tight...

...

You were loving me, hating me, tell me you're my baby
Calling me, telling me, everything that you have just been through
And I'd say, okay my baby,everything will be alright
I will never let out of my sight, 'cause I will hold in my arms and I'll hold you so tight

Be-eee-eee
Ohh-oh-ohh
Be-eee-eee yeah
Ohh-oh-ohh-oh-oh
Mmm-mmmm

I want the girl you used to be
I want the girl you used to be"

I open my eyes and see that many of the people are clapping. I say thank you and quickly get off the stage.
"I hate you!" I say to Cam as she gives me a hug.
"You love me!"
"No my heart hurts from pounding so much!"
"But don't you feel better?!" I nod my head thankfully.

Shawn Mendes

"Thank you so so much Arizona! I love you all so much good night!" I shout to my fans with a huge grin and exit the stage with a wave.
"Great job bud," Andrew pats me on the shoulder and nod thank him as I chug my water down. I place the cap onto my water and begin heading to the green room where I plop onto the couch and go into my phone. I enter twitter and I'm immediately bombarded with tweets about the concert that ended not even five minutes ago. I decide to tweet out to them about the show:

@/shawnmendes
Thank you Arizona. Love you all xx

And right after my phone begins to buzz non stop. I smile at the thought of love from my fans.
"Hey Shawn. Great show," G says coming into the dressing room.
"Thanks man," I say with a smile. I see him sit down in one of the chairs across from me, pulling his phone out. I exit twitter and go onto Instagram coming upon someone's Instagram:

 I exit twitter and go onto Instagram coming upon someone's Instagram:

jay_brooks: on a date kinda nervous😅
👤cam_glam ♥2,589 💬1,088

"Shawn?"
"Huh?" I ask as I pop my head up.
"We are heading to the bus for tomorrow's show. You okay?" G asks.
"Uh yeah," i say running my hand threw my hair.
"Okay buddy lets go." We both get up and begin to head out the bus, me getting stopped by fans.
"Shawn! Can I get a picture?" One asks almost like she's going to cry.
"Of course hun," I answer back taking her phone and taking a quick pic along with everyone else.
"Love you guys. See you soon," I blow a kiss before getting onto the bus. I walk to the back and fall onto the bed and sigh.

'I'll see you soon'

———————
Oh my gosh.
What do you think he means?

Comment. Rate. Follow.

Xoxo Brianna