Chapter 6: New River, new settlement!

Nathan

"So am I, except that I have to wear this back support for a while till I can walk on my own." I said to her. "Cool, well I have to go, my family wants to see me. Talk to you later." She said walking out of the room. I stayed at the hospital for a few more days until I was able to walk on my own again. I searched Manhattan island for Jesse when someone told me where everyone from Anthem who survived the bombs had immigrated to New River, I decided to take a plane there and find my family. Finally arriving back in Arizona, I took my Mx bike and rode to the new settlement for the people of Anthem.

Passing by the old Anthem bridge I realised that the damage was much worse than I had imagined. The whole bridge was completely destroyed, all buildings on fire, and the wall that said: Anthem By Dell Webb, was completely crumbled. I continued on towards New River and saw the bodies of dead people being chewed up by coyotes and vultures, and criminals lying in the dark, waiting for some poor soul to come by. I reached New River and saw the people of Anthem building new houses for them to live in. "Hey, Kelsey, where is my family?" I asked Kelsey.

"Near the edge of town, they think that you are dead." She replied. "What?! They think that I am dead? I have to go." I said driving off. I made it to my new house and stopped. I walked to the door, sweat dripping down the side of my head, knocked on the door and waited. "Yes, who is... Nathan! Your alive? How can that be?" My older sister said.

"You don't want to know." I told her, giving her a big hug. "Alright, tell everyone that I am alive and well, I have to go." I said leaving. I walked around the New River settlement and noticed that some of the Anthem people were burned from the fires. continued walking around and eventually went into the Roadrunner, A bar and grill, and ordered an energy drink and watched the news. Announcer: And with the Anthem bridge destroyed, people from Flagstaff and Phoennix are enraged because they cannot get where they are going. 

"Excuse me, can you change the channel." I asked a waiter. "Sure thing. Is the baseball game fine?" He asked me. "How about watching the basketball game instead?" I replied. "Sure." He replied. I started to watch the basketball game and got lost in my energy drinks and eventually passed out. 

In the morning, a waitress came to me and woke me up. "Sir, you have to leave." She told me. "Huh, what time is it?" I asked. "It is 4:00 in the morning." She said. "4 in the morning?! I have to go." I yelled. I gave her a $5 tip and ran out of the restaraunt in a hurry and got back home through my window and fell asleep on my bed. Around 10:00, I woke up and got dressed into new clothes and went to Jesse's house.