#5 Sirius~Happy Birthday

"Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?!" Sirius exclaims, earning stares from the surrounding students.

You shrug and pick at your breakfast. "It never came up."

"But, it's your birthday! Now, I just look like a bad boyfriend for not getting you anything."

You roll your eyes. "I really didn't want this to be a big deal. Damn my mother for sending that letter."

He sighs and wraps his arm around your shoulders. "I won't make this a big deal, but we are still going to do something, okay?"

"Okay. Promise me you won't tell James though."

Before Sirius can respond, James sits next to you. "Tell me what?"

Sirius gives you a pleading look, causing you to sigh and tell James that it's your birthday.

James squeals and calls Remus over to you. "It's (Y/N)'s birthday!"

You groan and rest your forehead on your boyfriend's shoulder. He kisses your temple before glaring at his friends. They quickly take the hint and leave the two of you alone.

"I'm sorry, my love."

You sit up and shake your head. "You're fine. I just really didn't want this day to be a big deal."

He nods. "I'll talk to them. Now," he says, holding your chin in his hand, "about what we were planning."

You bite your lip. "Remind me what that might be."

He smirks and leans in to kiss you. Just as your eyes flutter shut, James and Remus come back, forcing you and Sirius pull apart. Sirius groans in disappointment. "What the bloody hell do you want?"

Remus quickly apologizes to you before James grabs Sirius's arm and pulls him away.

"Okay," you mutter to yourself. You turn back to your food a take a bite.

~~~

As the day goes by, you barely see Sirius. The two of you don't have any classes together, and you spent most of lunch in the library. Still, you can't help but feel upset that you haven't seen him. By the time dinner rolls around, the only thing you want is to curl up in your boyfriend's arms.

"(Y/N)!" Remus exclaims. "There you are!"

You smile slightly. "What is it?"

"I really need some help with potions. Could you come up to the common room and help me?"

"Can I at least get something to eat first?"

"No!" he exclaims quickly. "I mean, I really need help. I'll get you food later though."

"Fine. Let's just start." The two of you head up to the Gryffindor common room. When Remus opens the door, you see your friends and Sirius standing around a cake. "Happy birthday!" they yell.

You smile and blush. "Thank you!"

Everyone mills around the common room for a bit before leaving you and the marauders alone. The five of you gather on the couch as Peter cuts into the cake, handing you the first slice.

"I still feel bad that I didn't get you anything," Sirius confesses.

"This was more than enough."

"Still..."

"You know what you could do?"

He raises his eyebrow. "What might that be?"

"We never did finish our kiss this morning."

He leans in to kiss you. It doesn't take long before he leans over you, pushing you back into the couch. As his lips move down your jawline, James throws a pillow at the two of you. "Get a room!"

Sirius pulls away and picks you up. "That may be the best idea you've ever had, Prongs."

(A/N: My birthday is Friday!)